OK,My ps2 and I had an accedent,Repairs Cost how much?

DMW

Best answers
How much can it cost to repair my playstation2?,I had an accedent and the disk trey doesnt open or close as it should,its original ps2,i cant use my warranty,i was just wondering if anyone has had to repair there playstation 2.Would i be better off buying another because this 1 was getting messed up over time anyway.I mean some games didnt even play on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My uncle had a broken PS2 too, he called up Sony and asked them how much it was to repair it. It was less than a brand-new PS2, so it might be worth a try. I however cannot guarantee the same for you, of course.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it breaking wasnt your fault(like something internally broke itself) they are supposed to repair it for free o_O (short of shipping costs) , some lawsuit was filed a good while back cuz of the massive amounts of DREs and ps2's that needed repair because of that.

dunno if they still do that though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, it might cost less than buying a new ps2, but delivery charges may be ugly, so choose wisely :D

DMW

Best answers
Thats the thing for me,the delivering,but its all fine i fixed it sort of,i forced the tray in.When it comes in it doesnt stay out,but the games and everything works fine i just have less time to switch games.

Best answers
DMW said:
How much can it cost to repair my playstation2?,I had an accedent and the disk trey doesnt open or close as it should,its original ps2,i cant use my warranty,i was just wondering if anyone has had to repair there playstation 2.Would i be better off buying another because this 1 was getting messed up over time anyway.I mean some games didnt even play on it.
My disk tray doesnt open sometimes either. My little bro jumped on my ps2 and it broke. I just pull it out and it works.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, i know at the computer fares round mine that you can ge a new lazer + repaired for £60, my brothers friend had it donem, and he said its been fine scince.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If everything inside it works then you can do what I do, jimmy it open with a flatheaded screwdriver and push it shut. All it'll damage is the disc tray sliding mechanism, but if that's broken anyway then there's nothing to lose.

DMW

Best answers
Ok cool,but its ok now,now off to buy swap magic and slide card to play imported games.Thx for you help and info everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom