Official iPhone app thread.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate Apple, but I love iPhone, also noticed a complete lack of iPhone love on these boards, I can't be the only one who owns one.

So, that said, what apps are you guys using on your Apple products that are just too awesome not to share?

For me, my latest crazes are:

Angry Birds - some weird green pig monsters stole some bird eggs and now the angry birds are catapulting their bodies into wobbly pig structures in an attempt to kill them. Loads of addictive fun and regularly updated with new levels.

PvZ - Plants vs. Zombies for iPhone! If any of you have ever played the Mac/PC version, it plays pretty much the same, collect awesome sun power and fuel your army of plants to defend your lawn from the evil zombies. Unlike most stupid/funny games, this one is legitimately hilarious. Reading the descriptions of each plant and zombie as you encounter/unlock them is more ridiculously funny than the last one. Unfortunately a bit short and little replayability as there's no survival mode.

Sudoku - Mostly cause I'm a sudoku geek, tonnes and tonnes of levels in varying difficulties, I feel I've barely scratched the surface in this one.

Cartoon Wars - Gunner Not into this as much as I used to be, you're basically a stick man in an environment where loads of baddies spawn and need to die. You get to use a variety of particularly badass equipment which you can upgrade to be more effective, as well as base stats (like mana and speed/power) that can be upgraded. Basically one of those get the high score kinda things, I started to lose interest however after I'd completely upgraded all my weapons.

Flight Control - Been around for ages, still a crazy fun addictive game, planes fly around an airfield and you need to drag and swipe them around to the landing strip. Gets hectic after landing 50+ planes. Loads of fun.

I have a tonne more other apps, but those are the good ones I can think of by memory. What do other people use? Doesn't need to be restricted to games either.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh, where do I start (I'm an app whore)?

AIM: Given, it's AIM on the iphone.
BofA: Bank of America app, i can do all my banking, etc on my phone when I'm not near a bank or computer. Awesome.
iRadioNOW: I can listen to 99x when I'm not in my car
iheartradio: When 99x is being a little ***** and playing the same 3 bands over and over again I can go back to my trusty 106.7 kbpi (rocks the rockies!!!!)
Authenticator: Shut up <,<
mywireless: If you own an iphone and don't have this app, you're dumb.
Pandora: Everyone probably already knows what this is.
Flixter: Look at movies playing at what times locally in theaters near you, also watch trailers, how much money they made on the movie and how many people want to see it as well as reviews.
eBay: I love ebay, it's even nicer when I can ebay it up in class
dial zero: Don't like listening to that stupid machine "if you'd like to speak to this person, press 1, if you'd like to...." call via this app, and just press Zero everytime you hear the voice recording and you'll get a real person.
Tap Tap Revenge: Guitar hero for the iphone pretty much - it's fun.
TM Zero: Addicting game where aliens are trying to steal your sheep, and you have to set up turrets and defenses to stop them.
Pocket Tanks: 2 tanks on the screen, destroy them
HJ light Teaches you how to give awesome hand jobs...or it teaches you Japanese, definitely worth the money.
AlpineCrawler: Hard but fun
Underworlds: some rpg where you kill dudes and level up, it's fun.

I have a lot more but these are my favs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom