Odd feeling when watching anime

Best answers
I was just wondering, I don't want to sound wierd or anything during specific moments of anime that I get a wierd feeling like right under my skin, but I happened to be watching Chobits and this time the feeling was extremely strong. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this odd feeling. Your skin feels like its getting goosebumps all over. It was strongest in the center of my chest like it was venting it to the rest of my body. Don't take me for a wierd-o but the feeling was strongest just then and kinda concerns me if I have a problem. o_O O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it depends, if it's a really emotional moment, then i get a feeling. Same thing goes when there is a really proud moment and what not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get it too
hell i even tear up when theres some really sad parts ;/

that just shows the anime is doing a good job
character development and all that stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't think it's a physical problem, it happens when you're really getting into whatever you're doing.
Kind of like if you playing a really cool video game, and you get goosebumps. Along those lines.

Best answers
Well it kinda freaked me out because, I can still feel whats left of it in the center of my chest, just sitting there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get the same thing when Goku goes ssj3 and a few other moments

Best answers
O you want something sad? Watch Trigun. Ugh there was a part that made me teary. WOLFWOOD WHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: man when i think about it. Ugh im sad now :( :cry:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last time I got something like that (from something other than my girlfriend) was probably Sailor Moon. DragonballZ never really did it for me... I couldn't pull emotion out of myself for watching somebody die who was going to come back in 10 episodes.

FF6 also struck me pretty bad when I played through it back when I was 12 or 13 or whenever I did it the first time. It was the first serious role playing game I'd ever played and I got so wrapped up in the stories and the characters that even insignificant ones like Leo getting ganked made me tear up pretty bad. Yeah I'm oversensitive, but that game is pretty damn intense even when you aren't 12.

Best answers
O ya FF8 REALLY got to me. I was like WHAT.....THE......****?? o_O but there was certain parts where i was like NOoOooOOoOo!! :cry: Ok This is depressing. *leaves this topic but surely will come back just becuz*

Best answers
i'm 12 lol! jp! lol.....im not.....lol.............don't go there........

well i get it when i watch the english version of trigun........

english dubbs sux.............

OR, when that (american) voice over actor for kenshin *purred* when he said i am kenshin himura (purr and the ura) when he went semi-battousai.......or when he goes into that other voice trying to be cool when kenshin becomes battousai.....overall, i give him a 9/10 for being a good actor lol.....wait.....DAMN HIM! HE CAN't EVEN SAY ORO CORRECT! FLAME I TELL YOU! FLAMEE!!!!!

otherwise, it's complety natural.......its either u get annoyed at the pronounciations, or when u watch the super cute Onegai Teacher WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT DAMN SHE's HOOOOOOOOTTT!!

aight, i'm out.....gotta make my fantasies come true in my dreams right now........

for all you shallow ppl.......that means imma go to sleep and dream....
lol

Best answers
O **** the dominating one was Kenshin. That was O_O ugh no words could express what i felt. I mean damn Kenshin went through a lot! :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this isn't an anime, but when i first saw the never-ending story, and that horse died in the swamp of depression(forgot if that was the name). I was also like " Nooo0o0o0o0o0o0o0!" nelo style, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea for a Topic, I hope it stays up.
But yeah, I sometimes find myself feeling very depressed
when something bad happends in an anime, But only like, serious
anime, not anime where you got little drops popping out of peoples
head (except for Sailor Moon, I loved Sailor Moon Series).

Serial Experiments: Lain

will always be my favorite when it comes to... "Feelings" :)
Their were others like Samurai X. and Berserk... well Berserk didn't
leave me sad, it left me pissed off for two reasons, it ended wrong.
and Griffith is an A**hole :\

EDIT:

ok I confess... DBZ has left me depressed sometimes too :\
DBGT as well, Basically because of Gohan and Gokou. Their were
some sad moments, like in Trunks Future, and Bardocks History...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sailor Moon man! Um... what's that one guy's name... damnit... Alea will know this one. Nephlite? The villain who fell for Molly and died valiantly trying to save her from more powerful villains sent out to dispatch them both. When he died and left Molly there crying I had trouble just talking for a good 10 or 15 minutes. Madness. That was such a depressing scene.

(Big Spoilers! Don't read this if you haven't played FF6 and plan to! Ahh!!!)

In FF6 that happened a few times though to a shorter duration, such as when... Celes? Yeah, Celes had nothing left to live for after Cid died and she was left alone on the island of the scorched planet, so she attempted to alleviate some of her ailments by jumping off of that cliff... noone can tell me that wasn't horribly, horribly depressing. (If you've only ever saved Cid by giving him fast fish, go back and kill him off with slow fish to see what I mean. It's worth watching at least once.) And how about the scene where Terra's mom is killed by Kefka after she gives Terra to Kefka asking him to take care of her out of desperation? Or how about the scene where Locke's fiance fell off of that bridge and lost all of her memory of who he was, so he ended up having to leave her altogether just before they were supposed to be married because she wouldn't talk to a stranger? Or how about when he revived her and they shared that final moment together before recieving the Phoenix materia!? Or how about that story with the gambler (I can't think of his name >.<) which they hit on after the world was destroyed and he was trying to retrieve his lost love's ship from its resting place!? Or how about when they had come so far trying to stop Kefka from moving the statues on the floating island only to FAIL and watch the world be anihilated from afar while their craft was destroyed and they were scattered around the planet as Kefka attained Godly status!?!? Or even worse how about the whole scene with Cyan where he had to witness his entire castle fall to Kefka's vile poison, and he stormed into his room only to find his wife cold and dead in their beds :( I'm... I'm going to go cry silently... ::weeps::

FF6 is and always will be one of my top 2 Role Playing games of all time. Well, it's currently at number 1, but I figure I've got to give somebody room to top it... some day. If you haven't played it, DO IT! If you liked FF7, DO IT! I'm not sure if any game has even come close to beating its SNES sound track let alone its story's depth. That sound track was MAD-NESS! Every note matched every inspired emotion. Celes's theme (from the Opera, and later on, the sad version, before the boat ride on their way to find the esper cave with Leo, when Locke confronts her and she has nothing to say, also a very depressing scene, mostly because of the kick-ass music!!!!) was a real work of art. To think that they managed to pull off such an emotionally inspiring musical theme on the SUPER NINTENDO! Talk about making an effort! sigh... I'm not obsessed or anything... hell, I haven't played it in more than 6 months, I just remember the damn thing too well!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Sailor Moon man! Um... what's that one guy's name... damnit... Alea will know this one. Nephlite? The villain who fell for Molly and died valiantly trying to save her from more powerful villains sent out to dispatch them both. When he died and left Molly there crying I had trouble just talking for a good 10 or 15 minutes. Madness. That was such a depressing scene.
Yeah that was sad. I acctually have a clip of that scene,
The Music from Sailor Moon is nice and relaxing too, like Saturn's theme
song, its like a sof violin noise...

Best answers
Strange feeling.. Now that I think of it I remember I tihnk 2 years back? Grade 8 I think it was, Something happened with me and my old GF.. Im not sure what it was but it caused her to break up with me. When she told me I didn't cry or anything but I did get that feeling and I was pretty pissed off.

Best answers
Sasuke said:
I was just wondering, I don't want to sound wierd or anything during specific moments of anime that I get a wierd feeling like right under my skin, but I happened to be watching Chobits and this time the feeling was extremely strong. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this odd feeling. Your skin feels like its getting goosebumps all over. It was strongest in the center of my chest like it was venting it to the rest of my body. Don't take me for a wierd-o but the feeling was strongest just then and kinda concerns me if I have a problem. o_O O_O
Let me ask you Sasuke, do you sweat during these moments or does your body heat up a little? If so I get that feeling all the time when i'm watching a good anime, though for me the sensation usually travels to the top of my head first then along my neck first, and if I'm watching something really good it will travel down further to my arms and torso and I will start sweating like a fiend.

As far as I can tell this happens because you are really into what you are watching and it is really striking the right cords with you. I remember a number of episodes of Neon Genesis and many other animes that when the episode was over I had to take off my shirt because I was sweating so much and tingly all over.... good stuff!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really all depends how sensitive you are as a person. If you are easily carried away by the stories and characters in the games you play or the shows you watch you're more likely to have strong reactions to them. It's just one of the neater side effects of an open mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just wondering, I don't want to sound wierd or anything during specific moments of anime that I get a wierd feeling like right under my skin, but I happened to be watching Chobits and this time the feeling was extremely strong. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this odd feeling. Your skin feels like its getting goosebumps all over. It was strongest in the center of my chest like it was venting it to the rest of my body. Don't take me for a wierd-o but the feeling was strongest just then and kinda concerns me if I have a problem
Oh wow.. Strange.. Me too.. I was watching the 2nd volume of it when Chi was trying to get a job or something and she took off and flew and all those other robots stood still. I got more of an anxiety. Not entirely sure why, I just felt scared. Maybe the thought of the future. Not that it will be like that in any of our life times, but just future in general. I never had the guts to share this til now, since you did so.. I admit it, I had a little anxiety from watching those. Not scared of the show just that I picked up a fear about these types of things a couple years ago when I had some bad issues with medications. But it's all good now.. Strange your the same way.

Best answers
I sometimes get that too. I hate it and love it at the sam time when i get that emotional. Happens alot when someone who lived a sad life dies, or the sacrificing themselfs moments. Also some of the final fantasies games have alot of those, which make final fantasy **** but the same time incredible. One of the saddest moments i had such a feeling was when i was watching DBZ, as piccolo sacrificed himself to save gohan (jap DBZ), those flashbacks really did it for me. And to see piccolo actually CRYING, before he blew his last breath. :cry: :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom