Nothing major... ITS ONLY STARCRAFT 2!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
finally! something to distract north korea from its nuclear weapons :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was funny hearing the marine speak Korean. >_> I guess Blizzard is catering to their #1 fans though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was funny hearing the marine speak Korean. >_> I guess Blizzard is catering to their #1 fans though.
That's what worries me, that they might make this game with Korean fans in mind. Just personal opinion, but Korean games suck.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thier going to make it exactly like SC1, the koreans and everyone else loved SC1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think the graphics kick ass. kind of cheesy but you cant have 400 zerlings in high def 80,000 polygons for each one. with dynamic lighting and all that bull**** and not effect performance.

plus its blizzard so they are going to make it accesible to people with not leet uber computer mechs.

they graphics will be fine. warcraft 3 has excellent graphics as it is. and just because its based off the warcraft 3 engine doesnt mean its going to suck. theres hundreds of games based off the godly unreal engine. some suck some kickass. but the engines rock regaurdless.

keep in mind these screenshots are of poor quality and so are they videos.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hah.

Imbalanced in favor of the Protoss.

Isn't that just keeping it how it always was?

I'm sure the only thing I wanted added--alt-tab micro and cool micro abilities--will be in, so maybe this one will actually be playable for people who like WC3 style.
No? Zerg can use swarm, which gives them an advantage +plague against a fleet of carriers make them incredibly weak.

Terran have the EMP, which reduces shields on a fleet of carriers to nothing, not to mention making Protoss ground assaults turn into cannon fodder, then they also have lock-down, and the nuke ability, And valks upgraded can cause allot of damage, and wraiths, which are the masters of sneaking into an enemy base and ripping it to shreds un-seen.
Not to mention tank pushing, which is probably one of the most ultimate ground units if you set them-up properly and micro.

Valks which have spidermines...

The game is very balanced ^.^ And it seems the protoss is the most expensive race, so on a map with limited resources, you don't want to get resource choked.

Trust me on this, I pwn pvp, and pvz (Thanks to storm) but unfortunately not so flash pvt.

Best answers
ya was browsing the site, lazy bastards still using the WC3 engine and graphics, by the looks just edited the models, buildings and maps
I hope you realize that it's still very early in its development. I mean, look at Starcraft (1). It went from:

To:

To:

To:

When it's finished, SC2 could look quite a bit more amazing.

Best answers
lol. that looks more like Wow remade than SC2 for this generation. and I thought if they made Diablo3 it would be with uber l33t gfx.

Oh well. I guess playability pwns gfx anyday. Figures why I like playing Mario.

Best answers
Battle cruiser+new protoss unit gameplay.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=19767

Pheonix gameplay.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=19764

Check out the new zerg tunneling, and how many zerglings can be on screen, a big improvement in my eyes.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=19765

Protoss mothership gameplay, omg i love the shield and how the rockets got stuck in it and then fell, and the end, well just watch it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=19768

Omg the zerglings turn into rolling bombs lol!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=19766

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya was browsing the site, lazy bastards still using the WC3 engine and graphics, by the looks just edited the models, buildings and maps
from someone who knows, to someone who doesn't.

that is physically impossible. the engine would need an overhaul so huge they might as well have started from scratch. the textures in WC3 were no higher than 128* and the vertex limit per object was 150, which is about 500 polies if you're good.

although the models in starcraft do look fairly low poly, i think they are either bump or normalmapped, although i'd need to see them moving in a lightsource to know for sure. the world textures are much higher resolution too, along with a lot of the model textures.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I hope you realize that it's still very early in its development. I mean, look at Starcraft (1). It went from:

To:

To:

To:

When it's finished, SC2 could look quite a bit more amazing.
Hehe, Nice smith, That brought some memories back, There is also a mod which will replace some of the buildings and units with those featured in an early beta' build.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
from someone who knows, to someone who doesn't.

that is physically impossible. the engine would need an overhaul so huge they might as well have started from scratch. the textures in WC3 were no higher than 128* and the vertex limit per object was 150, which is about 500 polies if you're good.

although the models in starcraft do look fairly low poly, i think they are either bump or normalmapped, although i'd need to see them moving in a lightsource to know for sure. the world textures are much higher resolution too, along with a lot of the model textures.
And re-working an engine isn't impossible, Half Life 1 was based upon the Quake engine, and did a huge over-haul on that, plus mechmod showed it can also use shaders, There are also mods for oblivion which give increased textures sizes, which also in-turn increases the quality of those textures, Why didn't they start from scratch? I don't know I'm not a programmer, but obviously it must have had an advantage of some sort.

But the StarCraft 2 engine is built from the ground up, I would not be surprised if blizzard used some tricks used in the warcraft 2 and world of warcraft engines, in this new engine. And because it is only early stages at this point, the engine might go through more evolutions and refinement, they haven even tweaked and optimized the code yet, to my knowledge.

Edit: Crap, sorry for the double post, I had the same thread opened in 2 tabs 1 for each page, and forgot it was from the same thread when I was making replies :(

Best answers
In anycase, i think it looks great, and honestly people should be happy it is even being made, from the looks of it they are trying to keep the original 2d like design but they are bringing it into the next gen and using 3d designs.

For a early build some problems are noticeable but it looks outstanding and blizzard can do as they wish cause as a old time blizzard consumer i will buy this and even the people that complain about the smallest things will more then likely buy it too.

Graphics play a somewhat role in a games immersiveness however, graphics aren't everything, direct your attention to Piratesonline.com, look at the graphics and how cartoony they are, i hated the look of it, and figured it would be another kids game, but when i actually played the beta of it i was immensely impressed, one of the best if not the best pirate game i have ever played.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn.. I just can't wait to play this, especially with what people are going to make with custom maps.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
In anycase, i think it looks great, and honestly people should be happy it is even being made, from the looks of it they are trying to keep the original 2d like design but they are bringing it into the next gen and using 3d designs.

For a early build some problems are noticeable but it looks outstanding and blizzard can do as they wish cause as a old time blizzard consumer i will buy this and even the people that complain about the smallest things will more then likely buy it too.

Graphics play a somewhat role in a games immersiveness however, graphics aren't everything, direct your attention to Piratesonline.com, look at the graphics and how cartoony they are, i hated the look of it, and figured it would be another kids game, but when i actually played the beta of it i was immensely impressed, one of the best if not the best pirate game i have ever played.
Indeed, as soon as I get into the game I will probably complain about every little thing, yet still get hooked, I agree that graphics are the least important factor in a game, and so do several million other people who have bought StarCraft when they have options to bigger prettier games at they're disposal.

Another game that has crap graphics is Master of Orion 2, Yet That game got me hooked a few months ago, something cronic.
And another one is Alpha Centauri a Turn based game which personally I think looks ugly as hell, yet fun as hell to play.

"Damn.. I just can't wait to play this, especially with what people are going to make with custom maps."
I hope people "remake" UMS maps from StarCraft and bring them into StarCraft 2 :) That would be totally wikid, Phantom BGH in StarCraft 2? Yes please!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics don't look so good in screenshots, but in motion, I have no complaints.

Best answers
Ooo Blizzard says no to a Console version, not really suprising but it sucks for those with bad comps =/.

StarCraft II -- Not For Consoles
Thanks for spoiling everything, StarCraft Ghost...
by Nix
May 19, 2007 - With games like Command & Conquer 3 and Tom Clancy's EndWar finally bringing the Realtime Strategy genre to consoles the right way, there was some hope when rumors started flying about a sequel to StarCraft that the game might follow the trend and come to consoles along with the PC version. Sadly, Blizzard has officially dashed those hopes, at least for now.

On Blizzard's official StarCraft II Website FAQ, the company addressed the question directly with the following Q&A exchange:

Will there be a console version of StarCraft II?

StarCraft II is being developed for the PC. We have no current plans to bring the game to any console platform.

Blizzard's StarCraft II will be released on PC and Mac (yes, we said Mac -- Apple gets a peach!), so make sure your graphics card is nice and primed for this one since it won't be on its way to your TV machine any day soon, if ever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thier going to make it exactly like SC1, the koreans and everyone else loved SC1
That's a good point.

The only thing I've not liked in those videos were the Protoss lasers. Something about Protoss and lasers together is like nails on a chalkboard. They're supposed to use energy weapons; lasers were more of a Terran thing.

That being said, the pathing I've seen in the gameplay videos is second to none. Pathing was one of the major issues the has had, but the units in SC2 move flawlessly.

I'd like to see some more of the zerg units. Seems all we're being shown are zerglings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom