Nothing major... ITS ONLY STARCRAFT 2!!

Best answers
if star craft 2 is like starcraft 1 it plays VERY differently than warcraft(althouhg it is similar).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know if anyone said this.. but the tripods look really similar to the one's from War of the Worlds

and @Onslaught
I don't think SC even uses models. If you think about it, the 'model's are only being viewed from a single perspective, and when the do move, their movements are as though the just switch 'models', and aren't actually animated like a real model. I've always thought of the SC 'models' as sprites. I think sprites would make more sense in a game like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking at it all... I'm quite glad much of the units and architecture look the same.

Storywise, SC2 takes place after Brood War, so if everything looked completely different, it would be terrible. It'd be like the WoW writers they've had recently with their mass inconsistancies wrote it. Of course this remains to be seen. I just hope they follow up some of the.... more interesting loose ends from Broodwar.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only hope on release day, no one gets hurt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and @Onslaught
I don't think SC even uses models. If you think about it, the 'model's are only being viewed from a single perspective, and when the do move, their movements are as though the just switch 'models', and aren't actually animated like a real model. I've always thought of the SC 'models' as sprites. I think sprites would make more sense in a game like that.
They're sprites (made from models, but sprites none the less). I think he was talking about the models from the SC2 gameplay trailers.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, the timebomb for the mothership looks awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is they'd better give the Terrans some really cool **** to balance that out. I just watched the vid the full way through; it looks like it's going to be a great game but I really don't want them to have plastered the Protoss too much. The guy obviously had a raging hard on for them...

Best answers
I think it was just his main focus, all the trailers are based on Protoss. I think they want to keep most of the other races stuff quiet. Only Zerg unit shown so far is Zergling.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think it was just his main focus, all the trailers are based on Protoss. I think they want to keep most of the other races stuff quiet. Only Zerg unit shown so far is Zergling.
And the big worm that came out the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I can't to see all the mutations the Zerg have undergone.

Keiha said:
And the Mutalisks. Don't forget the Mutalisks.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And the holographic night elf girl dancing. That too.
OH and the zerglings know enough about the internet to spell out GG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom