noobish steam help

Best answers
i got the new version and had the same problem as others (needed steam..) i got steam but it would work because my brother has an account using our cd-key he gave me that account because he doesnt play anymore but now comes the problem he has some games i dont have installed and he doesnt have esf i dont want to re-download the steam version of esf... (i know the first time you do it you can migrate your mods but he has already done that ages ago and i cant work out how to do it again..) is there any way that i can migrate esf (which i have installedi n my hl directory) to steam without making a new account or downloading 1.2 steam version (it would take ages..)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all you nead to do is reinstall ESF and if you have a STEAM and WON version of HL choose STEAM if you only have a STEAM version it'll probably be automaitcly

Best answers
oops forgot to say that i deleted 1.2 full patch ages ago for space and i was wondering if there was any way i could migrate my already installed esf to steam.. i guess im gonna have to redownload (i wont start untill some one responds saying wether or not i have to..)

Best answers
You can try these 2 different ways:

1.-Just Copy the ESF Folder on the WON Directory (C:/Sierra/Half-Life/)
and paste it on the steam directory (C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/[email protected]/Half-Life)

BUT!.. if you do that the Shortcuts in the Start Menu or in Desktop WON'T WORK.

2.-Re-Download ESF 1.2 and (if you want) 1.2.1 and Just Install on steam.

In my opinion the option 2 is the best and easy.

I Hope THis Helps.

Best answers
thx ninja! i think 1. is alot easier because i dont use desktop shortcuts anyway (and it would take forever for it to re download... lol)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i have safty copies on an RW for such reasons hope you get it to work :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom