NO MORE UPLOAD ON YOUTUBE :(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still say its bull****.

They closed down an ESF video. Made by an ESF player for about 5 words taken from the anime.

Yet leave ****loads of AMVs and stuff like that cyrcling. Where whole videos are taken from hte series.

Taking down that was total bull**** since it violated a lot less than any AMV ever made.

Best answers
You can't blame YouTube for taking down videos that violate the copyrights. YouTube does this so they don't have to deal with any legal matters with the companies that have rights to the original video.
Dude... IT'S A FRIGGIN ESF VIDEO!!! How come CS movies don't get "busted" as well??? How come Gearbox and Valve don't complain? I'm not gonna pay a lawyer so that a video-game video gets accepted. That's lame! It's not like if he stole a trailer of a game. In that case, it would be very comprehensible. But this is ***... plain and simple ***. What is their problem???? And no, I'm not gonna change the uploader because they felt like accusing some1 for something completely ridiculous and pointless. They just wanted to show some "Power" over a random person, like volkov. I, for example, didn't get any lame-ass "notification" or e-mail for that matter.

explain that.

P.S: ROFL check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzWNJaRsN9A

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude... IT'S A FRIGGIN ESF VIDEO!!! How come CS movies don't get "busted" as well??? How come Gearbox and Valve don't complain? I'm not gonna pay a lawyer so that a video-game video gets accepted. That's lame! It's not like if he stole a trailer of a game. In that case, it would be very comprehensible. But this is ***... plain and simple ***. What is their problem???? And no, I'm not gonna change the uploader because they felt like accusing some1 for something completely ridiculous and pointless. They just wanted to show some "Power" over a random person, like volkov. I, for example, didn't get any lame-ass "notification" or e-mail for that matter.

explain that.
There's a big difference between a video game and a television show. You can make whatever movies you want of a video game, you're usually free to do that. Now, making making movies of a television show, that's a different story.

In john_volkov's case, someone from FUNimation probably saw the title of the video and said "Looks like we have another one". How do you think they find these files? If john_volkov's video was titled something different, then maybe YouTube wouldn't of had to take it down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, Funimation is finally attacking all those ****ty Linkin Park AMV's. For a while there I thought they were just going after computer game modifications. I'd say I'm sad to see this, but my spirit is brightened knowing what it was that was taken down.

Best answers
Arhh!! Omg!!! Yer, Google is ruining everything for YouTube... *Sigh*
What do we do >_> Go to PutFile or something?? *Sigh* Harsh words used my Grega to express his emotions :)

-GuZzie

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They (Funimation) are desperate:
- the succes of DBZ is lowering;
- the only MAJOR profit from DBZ is from the Budokai games;
- i don't think that they have another anime with that much succes;
...so they pic on the little people hoping that they can get some more money of them, without keeping in mind that we, the fans, kept DBZ alive for more than 20 years.
They could get to things like: ESF needs to be eliminated becouse the makers ask money for showing progress of a mod based on DBZ, hence they are making money from DBZ.
Now this is what i think: as long that the AMVs, MODs etc, are free, they have no right to act, or at least they shouldn't have this right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No... if they don't protect their license, it will cease to be theirs.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They (Funimation) are desperate:
- the succes of DBZ is lowering;
- the only MAJOR profit from DBZ is from the Budokai games;
- i don't think that they have another anime with that much succes;
...so they pic on the little people hoping that they can get some more money of them, without keeping in mind that we, the fans, kept DBZ alive for more than 20 years.
They could get to things like: ESF needs to be eliminated becouse the makers ask money for showing progress of a mod based on DBZ, hence they are making money from DBZ.
Now this is what i think: as long that the AMVs, MODs etc, are free, they have no right to act, or at least they shouldn't have this right.
Without Dragon Ball Z, FUNimation wouldn't be where it is today. FUNimation is actually the ones keeping Dragon Ball Z alive by having all these different video releases and such.

Besides, it's the law. FUNimation isn't the only company that does this. For example, Microsoft shut down a Command & Conquer: Generals modification that was going to be based on Halo. It turns out that Microsoft was making a Halo RTS game, but regardless, Microsoft didn't want anyone stealing their cash-cow.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
But since it was a mod, a FREE modification for a game, tehnicaly they wouldn't be stealing anything.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, someone should try to change that 'couse it's bull****.

Best answers
True that, Google are goody-goodies, far more scrict than Microsoft.
But what can we do...
And this is Google's will btw, who would want to sue google...It would be like giving money to them. So Google is my enemy now :( :( but Ill still use it for school projects :D

-GuZzie

Best answers
I can't believe none of you saw this coming. This is really just mind-boggling to me. Every single time something comes out like YouTube, Bittorrent, or some other thing that allows you to put copyrighted material on the internet, it eventually gets taken down if it gets too popular.

It comes down to this: if you were the owner of YouTube what would you do. Allow a whole bunch of teenagers to spread their DBZ AMV's all over the place, violating copyright laws and potentially get sued and lose everything you've worked for. OR, you can simply take down any copyrighted material so you can keep you business and your job. Gee, that's a tough one.
And this isn't just about DBZ. Before YouTube started cracking down on this, I saw full episodes of anime and normal TV shows (like 24, Daily Show, House, etc.) being posted on YT constantly. It's about protecting profits, and more importantly, protecting jobs and keeping people at work. Sure, you can have your websites that violate copyright laws, and we'll see companies go out of business, people lose jobs, and economies tank. And if you're for that, I submit to you, that you're a communist.

People need to think about things from a logical standpoint before going on some rant because you can't upload Emo Park AMV's on YouTube.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe none of you saw this coming. This is really just mind-boggling to me. Every single time something comes out like YouTube, Bittorrent, or some other thing that allows you to put copyrighted material on the internet, it eventually gets taken down if it gets too popular.

It comes down to this: if you were the owner of YouTube what would you do. Allow a whole bunch of teenagers to spread their DBZ AMV's all over the place, violating copyright laws and potentially get sued and lose everything you've worked for. OR, you can simply take down any copyrighted material so you can keep you business and your job. Gee, that's a tough one.
And this isn't just about DBZ. Before YouTube started cracking down on this, I saw full episodes of anime and normal TV shows (like 24, Daily Show, House, etc.) being posted on YT constantly. It's about protecting profits, and more importantly, protecting jobs and keeping people at work. Sure, you can have your websites that violate copyright laws, and we'll see companies go out of business, people lose jobs, and economies tank. And if you're for that, I submit to you, that you're a communist.

People need to think about things from a logical standpoint before going on some rant because you can't upload Emo Park AMV's on YouTube.
Thats all understandable. But the question is why was a video made with ESF and ONLY ESF put down. Sure he ussed some voices from the anime. But they are just words. Compaired to music videos a few words is a peanut. Yet the AMVs stay the few words ussed in a ESF video has to go. Thats what this thread is about.

Best answers
I think a huge cry of pain and suffering would come if someone like Yugioh Abridged was taken down off youtube due to copyright issues...

In relation to an ESF video being taken down, well it used voices, enough reason. In theory, FUNimation or whatnot could take down ESF, "competing for profits for their Budokai games". HELL AMVs are easy to get taken down anyway, they aren't just using copyrighted video content, but copyright audio/music content, no bloody brainer there.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
woores (whores)!!! they are going to bust us all !!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn those Google *****es I'm gonna **** them why the **** did they do that? Ah man they're gonna take down all AMV's. It's really not fair. :(

Best answers
well what i think is that the reason john's video was shut down was because FUNimation saw "the history of trunks 2" they did'nt even take one look at the f***ing movie.

esf is having a rough year

1-this video was takin off you tube

2-thoose damn coding minions ruin yet another f******* mod

3-all ESF amv's are getting busted

although i thank god for all thoose "in the end" and "screamo" AMV's god do they get annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom