No More Basic Melee

Best answers
hmm i totally agree with enderlink , there are too many people who use only basic melee ... always ... often clan's member . Why did you add the advanced melee so ? The advanced melee is more fun i think , but i agree , it is a bit too easy to be good when you know the special combo and you are a good dodger ... But i don t think it is fun to be kill by a gohan (too many people take gohan for that , quickly ssj = double basic melee ) or trunks , only for the frag , not for the fun ...
I know a lot of player who stopped for that ... and i did too ...
i don t know what could we do for that anyway :/

sorry for my english Y_Y

A french player who hope for a better world :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you dont understand something yet almost all of us that use basic melee grew on this game using so we excel in it. sure advanced melee looks better but it IS as boring as hell when youve experienced an all out basic melee fight against somebody on your level just no matching it and all the characters can do a double hit if you know how. if you really need gohan or trunks to do a double hit you have something called a turbo button it gets you moving fast enough even as krillin to get a double hit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres no way in hell im gonna stand around waiting for my opponent to input directions and possibly randoms. Im not the patient type, so i use simple melee. Gets the job done quickly and quite efficiently.

As Hybrid said, simple melee should be made a bit more complex. At the moment, its painfully simple. Noobs learn the 2 hit combo just by seeing it once. It shouldnt be that way. You should only be able to do combos with simple melee if you actually work at it.

No simple melee (or something similar to it) = Death of ESF (or the most boring version ever created).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer adv over basic, just becuase it's more open ended, and there's much more damage potential with it. Basic is allright, I use it when I'm low on ki, but it's too boring for me.

Best answers
i never said gohan and trunks was the only char with the double hit but a lot of player take them for use only basic melee because they can transform very quickly so it's better for the lamer ...
i think the basic melee lamer kill the game but only them like that ...
and i played 1.1 before and it was already boring the basic melee ... (esf 1.1 = a flight game :p , target and hit !)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go and create a map, put a low level bot in. If thats two difficult for you put it on cease fire. If thats still too difficult, make it an idle bot. Practice basic melee on the bots until you're pretty decent. Then try it against a person. Once you master this simple technique go an try against someone who has also mastered it. It will probably be the most fun you've had playing ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i know this much if they get rid of basic melee im out of esf... Advanced melee is too easy to dodge and stuff. Your only chance of hitting someone who knows how to fight back is is you use hard hits (the red punches and kicks) I liked 1.1 it was fun.

Best answers
i could play only with basic melee , i played like that in esf 1.1 because i had no choice ... but now i use it very rarely (and i play rarely too because there is always 2 or 3 player who do that all the time in a server ...) . There are only 5 server who works good by day or less ... so
And all my friends in esf stopped the game ... Often in the fault of a basic melee lamer (someone who sometimes use it ... ok but all the time -.-; with gohan ssj and has 80 frag 3 death .... it is so fun to destroy everybody in 3 double basic melee.. whoaaa iam strong :x)
I am disappointed because this game could be a great game and the best mod of hl , i like it however but i hope for another basic melee . maybe i dream ^^;

Best answers
I still havent figured out how you can do basic mellee on someone twice in a matter of mere seconds.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basic melee lamer? Im assuming you're an "advanced melee lamer" -_-.

Best answers
no no :p i use sometimes basic , beam and throw and i play only with piccolo , but i play for the fun , i don t want a clan when i see how they play anyway ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still dont see how advanced melee is fun your basically just spamming buttons or spamming the combos how the hell is that fun? now to fly around at high speeds dodging left and right from punch barely seeing where your going now thats what i would call fun its also a very good feeling to defeat a very good player only using basic melee you guys just havent experienced a REAl fight yet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's fun making your own combos and trying to keep the enemy from guessing them, ending on a fierce hit and punching them into a mountain, or throwing them into a lake of fire. Also you can only pull off the Special Combos in advanced melee.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guarantee the only way you can pull of the special combos is if a random is involved. Nothing should be random in esf. You shouldnt have to guess which button to press.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Everybody has different opinions. Some people may like Advanced Melee. Others, the skilled players, choose basic melee. It's all about the player. Advanced Melee is way to easy, especially to DDR experts. Every time I play with Advanced Melee, I picture a song with arrows flying at me. It makes it easier (Easier than it already is anyway). Basic Melee is the most fun way to play (In my opinion). For those of you who ***** about different features of the game, just remember how you would feel if the only fun you had in the game was removed. Just suck it up, slap yourself, and keep playing.

-SSJ3 Gokou

Best answers
Simple melee is way more harder to pull off then advanced melee. If you attack someone with advanced, your going to at least get in some hits with pre-punches and an occasional random arrow. With simple you only get one chance to hit them, and if your opponent is CONSTANTLY SWOOPING AND TELEING, not sitting still waiting for the hit, it's a lot harder to hit someone. Simple takes a lot of timing and aim, while with advanced you just run into someone...wait for person to hit X amount of arrows and then you go..he waits...then he goes...basically it comes down to how many random arrows are in the combo. Advanced takes no more skill then double tapping swoop in the general direction of someone and running into em. If you learned to dodge/tele and swoop you'd be doing a hella lot better. And if your goin try to block a simple melee hit, and succesfully block it, just go right into advanced melee. Usually players can not tele away fast enough.

Best answers
I am playing ESF, but you need to make the melee more useful. On the movies and series the melee is the general attack of all persons. When I am playing, no one is using melee, only the "yellow beans(i dont know how its called)", yuo dont have time just for kamehameha.

Best answers
I'm not a big fan of simple melee. There's no way to actually be better than your opponent after a certain point, it all comes down to randoms. Also, it's such a forgiving system - With basic melee, if your opponent can't keep up and dodge, he's at a real disadvantage. With Advanced, you just get the prepunch damage and he goes first. After that, you can counter with the same amount of force that he had when he started - It makes no sense, and it's slow.

And I have animosity against it because it took out Trunks' simple melee sword kill! :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They didn't take out his sword kill. They put it in Advanced Melee AND Basic Melee. And as for not liking Basic Melee, well, it's not very hard. It takes alot of practice, thus making it more of a challenge. The true skill of the game is Basic Melee. You're right, if you cant keep up with your attacker, you're gonna get pwned. So practice, don't be a whiny noob. Everything was put in the game to make it more like DBZ. People are going to be using every feature in the game, so get used to it. How would you feel if your favorite part of the game was removed? It would suck, wouldn't it? Yeah, it would, so stop crying about features in the game. Everybody has their favorites. Just because you don't share a favorite feature with other people, doesn't mean that the feature has to be removed. The world doesn't revolve around you (I know that nobody wanted to hear that, but it's the only way to get my point across).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom