Nintendogs Causes girl to be attacked by dog

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I know this was a few days ago but.... Seriously?
Article said:
For years, the mainstream media has blamed violent games for instigating similar behavior. This week, a tabloid report out of the UK blamed one of the least violent games imaginable for a savage attack on a 9-year-old girl…by a dog.

According to the Daily Mail, Megan Walker was peacefully playing a copy of Nintendogs at a friend's house when one of the in-game dogs barked at her. Unfortunately, the bark was in earshot of the friend's bullmastiff, a breed of dog that weighs as much as 130 pounds. The sound reportedly spooked the dog so much that it bit Walker's face, severing a portion of her upper lip.

"I think this game should carry some kind of warning," the girl's grandmother told the Mail. "People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her."
Source:Woof Woof!

I have to say that "Nintendogs: The world's most adorable public safety hazard?" Bit at the right has to be the best part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a retarded thing to say, Synth. Nintendogs has been out for 5 years and this is the first time it's ever been in the news in a negative light. The dog could easily have been spooked by anything else. The girl could've been antagonizing it for weeks before it finally did anything.

Just saying, calling this Nintendogs' fault might be the easiest way out. And not having pets because they "might" attack you is just silly.

"I think this game should carry some kind of warning," the girl's grandmother told the Mail. "People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her."
Grandma is a dog expert?

Stupid story about stupid people.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I have to agree with Origin on this. I never ever had any kind of issues with playing animal games where there are animals around.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dog freaked out because of a bark? That's weird, I think something is missing in this story.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a retarded thing to say, Synth. Nintendogs has been out for 5 years and this is the first time it's ever been in the news in a negative light. The dog could easily have been spooked by anything else. The girl could've been antagonizing it for weeks before it finally did anything.

Just saying, calling this Nintendogs' fault might be the easiest way out. And not having pets because they "might" attack you is just silly.

Grandma is a dog expert?

Stupid story about stupid people.
^This. All the way.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree... people get what they deserve.

That little girl will probably grow up to be a sociopath with a wicked looking scar on her lip and she'll tell people random stories for intimidation purposes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I think there was more to the story. The girl was probably taunting the dog.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll never know, but if your dog attacks a person because another dog barked, I think there's bigger problems there than playing Nintendogs in the wild.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo should really have learned from past mistakes, I mean seriously, how many times have you been zapped by wild Pikachu's while playing pokemon near tall grass?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never, but this **** happens all the time.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo should really have learned from past mistakes, I mean seriously, how many times have you been zapped by wild Pikachu's while playing pokemon near tall grass?
I played GTA's hot coffee mod and you know what happened?

Nothing... D:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you play it in a hospital or near a nurse? This technique would only work if the sounds of your video game are near a real life representation of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played Microsoft Flight Simulator in September 2001....

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played ESF and now my powerlevel is OVER 9000!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, lol. 9/11 is November 9th here. >_>

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Dog's don't respond to digital sound as normal barks. Plus, dogs usually attack other dogs, and since there weren't any other physical dogs around, this story is just bollocks.
Busted, next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom