Nintendo Revolution

Best answers
This is a must see video. Some people say this is the actual product some people say its false, you be the judge but its amazing and would be a great experince. Let me know some of your views on it if you watch it.

http://da1x1.ign.com/^316480388/mov...13/613578/revolutionmockup.wmv?position=front

Also on another note, it seems nintendo is getting some sense knocked into them this time around.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html

All they need now is a few new game ideas and a great third-party support and everything will be cool. This has me abit worried though.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613493p1.html

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's the same movie I saw the other day, then it has been proven to be a hoax. Apparently, it was made by a resident (or residents) of Spain who wanted to take a stab at the way gaming might, eventually, turn. However, it isn't official. Pity, it looked pretty neat.

And if it's the size article that has you worried, I can't imagine why. Size is not everything when it comes to a console's success.

Alas, I will wait until full coverage from E3 before I draw ANY conclusions about the revolution.

Again, a genuine pity that the video was proven to be a hoax. However, the guy who made it deserves kudos. It is a nice movie.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't you already make a Revolution thread? Anyway..

The movie was a bit.. I don't know. They could've cut it in half and made it as strong a point.

From the first article, "According to recent information, Revolution will also be able to play high-definition games and regularly go online."

I find this funny, because Gamecube itself doesn't offer HD support. It did, originally but the later gamecube models (such as the one I have) don't have the port for component (also used for HDTV connections). I wanted a cord for my HDTV. So I went to an Electronics Boutique and asked if they had them in stock. "We don't carry them--nobody does. You can only get them from Nintendo.com."

Inconvenient, I thought.. but I still wanted one, so I went on Nintendo.com. Then I looked through their accessories section, and what did I find? A disclaimer: "All Gamecubes made after (so and so) date do not support component video."

Nintendo's justification?

"Why have you removed the component video feature from the Nintendo GameCube?
On newer models of the Nintendo GameCube, we opted to remove the digital A/V out port from the system because we found that less than one percent of all Nintendo GameCube players used this feature."

Could it be.. because you never sold the cord in stores, and instead would've made people go to your inconvenient website and pay for extra shipping, and the wait assosciated with ordering, as the reason only 1% of people used them?

What a revelation. Anyway--I think your article is 'embellished' because of this assertion. Is it possible Nintendo has changed their standpoint? Yes.. but I'd personally need more than
Article said:
"According to recent information, Revolution will also be able to play high-definition games and regularly go online."
to make me believe.

The second article doesn't contain any real information.. Besides the mis-labelled pictures and
Article 2 said:
"Given that high-def gaming requires a lot of memory, we're hoping that the system includes 512MBs of RAM standard, just like Xbox 360."
the author's hopes the system is as powerful as the competition?

I'd like to see an official news release from Nintendo itself before I start believing in the Revolution. But should that come, no new thread will be necessary! :p

Best answers
Didn't you already make a Revolution thread?
No that was about nintendo's reputation.

I'd like to see an official news release from Nintendo itself before I start believing in the Revolution. But should that come, no new thread will be necessary! :p
Yea your right i guess i shouldve waited.

And if it's the size article that has you worried, I can't imagine why. Size is not everything when it comes to a console's success.
While that's true, i do beleive that the size & design of a console does help influence some people decisions on buying a game console. Espically alot of mainstream gamers who have no idea whatsoever about the console other then what it looks like. I just think they should go with a bigger design then something this small. It kinda makes me wonder if it's possible to add any other hardware changes (IE: Hard Drive) or something like that on such a small console, im probally wrong but it just feels like it's going to be so limited with the other companys making bigger models.

Best answers
Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just to let you know...there will be no company comparison debates in this thread, those get waaaay off track, keep that stuff to a different thread, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom