Nice Game screenies

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, to play on retail you need a code from inside the cd box, so even if you download wow, you still need to get that code to make an account on their servers. While private servers don't need it.
The reason Blizzard tolerates private servers is that they actually promote WoW. Many of private server players eventually move to retail.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know how with every update there's a huge page of the user license agreement? Read that.

It's illegal.

Some pretty old shots; just after sunwell was released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, to play on retail you need a code from inside the cd box, so even if you download wow, you still need to get that code to make an account on their servers. While private servers don't need it.
The reason Blizzard tolerates private servers is that they actually promote WoW. Many of private server players eventually move to retail.
Can you find a legal document that proves that blizzard is doing that?
You know how with every update there's a huge page of the user license agreement? Read that.

It's illegal.
Then why haven't I see any legal actions against it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, then, pictures taken from cracked/ripped games should also be deleted :D.
Anyway, you guys are running this forum and you can do whatever you like, so i'll stop being annoying... ...for now, at least.

And BTW, i play on a private server too and i posted quite a few wow pics.
read the EULA (End User Licence Agreement), as Dave pointed out.

buying the game doesn't give you ANY form of ownership, it just grants you the license to use their software for the purpose THEY decide. in the EULA you'll find a section dedicated to:
The reverse engineering of any content.
The improper use of any documentation.
Using the documentation and any licensed software without the consent of Blizzard.

i think you'll find that running a private server would be a violation of all 3 of those.

and being able to access a private server requires you to violate all 3 as well (having to modify specific files and documents.)

a lot of private servers have been shut down by blizzard in the past. it's not uncommon, and there are an awful lot of other MMOs that persue full legal action against private server hosts for monies lost. usually to an ammount of an annual subscription per user registered on that host.

taken from private server website said:
TERMS OF SERVICE:

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them, then you may proceed with entering the website.

No one from Blizzard, associated with Blizzard or any such affiliated company or anyone directed by Blizzard or its Related companies is permitted to enter these web sites or view any content contained within these sites at any time what so ever due to controversial reasons.
that makes me chuckle, a lot. not only are they admitting they are doing something wrong, but they actually believe that it will stop anyone from blizzard from accessing their site, or shutting them down if they wanted to xD

now then, which part of ZERO TOLORANCE don't you understand?

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason Blizzard tolerates private servers is because they don't want to go out of their way to remove all of them.

Actually, remind me. How is it against the AUP to post a picture of a private server? Does it show how to connect to the server? Does it show it's name? Does it have a download link? >.<
How is it against the AUP if someone says that he's playing in a private server? He didn't give out any name (excluding the Character Selection screen xD pic). Besides, even if he told us what the name of the server is, it has gone so bad that people wouldn't leave retail for it.
Warez is warez. He illegally downloaded World of Warcraft, and now he's illegally playing the game. Even if he's showing a screenshot, it's still warez. We all know he's on a private server.

Also, if everyone on this thread would admit that they posted a picture from a game they got illegally, would you still warn them or delete all the screenshot?
Warn? Probably not. Delete? Maybe.

Edit:

Can you find a legal document that proves that blizzard is doing that?
Private servers are illegal. Simple as that. You may have bought World of Warcraft, or you may play retail. It's still illegal. You're playing a paid game for free.

Then why haven't I see any legal actions against it?
There have been. Unfortunately, Blizzard isn't taking enough action.

Onslaught is right. Just don't post screenshots of you playing on a private server. Simple as that.

Edit 2:
Lukyas, you should've known better. This has happened before. :p

Last edited:
Best answers

My gnome warrior Glode ^^ I've upgraded his gear alot since this shot was taken...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
B. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances,

(i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Game to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, nor shall you rent, lease or license the Game to others;

(ii) exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Blizzard;

(iii) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks, or as part of content aggregation networks; or

(iv) facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service. All connections to the Game and/or the Service, whether created by the Game Client or by other tools and utilities, may only be made through methods and means expressly approved by Blizzard. Under no circumstances may you connect, or create tools that allow you or others to connect, to the Game's proprietary interface other than those expressly provided by Blizzard for public use.

Straight from Blizzards EULA

It's illegal. Blizzard could potentially sue either the person using the private server, or the forum/website host in charge of the people who post that use private servers.

In other words, Skyrider and filefront are solely responsible for every single person who post on these forums, and the actions they take.

So, in their EULA, if they wanted, could sue skyrider, and filefront because you're posting private servers. Why? Because by posting them, that says that filefront is okay with it, and if file front is okay with it, that's advertising. That's something blizzard, obviously, doesn't want.

When a Mod, Admin, or other person with authority tells you to stop posting private server material, I strongly suggest you cease and desist. Immediately.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It would've been nice to see Kil'jaeden dead.. but I couldn't go on.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought I'd post some screenshots as well...

One of the prettiest looking RTS games I've played, although the gameplay was a bit dull... it's called "Glory of the Roman Empire".

Some WoW shots of my main character that I took in Shadowmoon Valley today:

And of my alt:

Also had some Red Alert 3 beta screenshots I wanted to post... but I can't seem to find them. Will edit and add them to the post as soon as I do. :3

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I suck at TF2...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I rid these forums of this evil-ness called World of Warcrack, and introduce to you...The world of Guild Wars, where you will always find people to dance together with you...naked.

Alas, at times, thou shallt not always find a group. Fortunately, you can also dance naked with only 2 people in Guild Wars. Pelvic thrust for the win!

Among these famous naked dances, we also have a wild variety of other dances, including...

And then, one more screenshot, just to see how awesome I am (Just by seeing this screenshot, I know you want to touch his nipple!):

Pretty old screenshots, have to get me the Elite Gladiator armor soon too. Anyone else playing Guild Wars?

Discord Member
Best answers
Well honestly...I would love to start playing Guild Wars, hear its good but there are so many of them out that i don't know what to get lol, what are you using?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Models look very good. Does that produce lag in game? I mean, more lag than in Warcraft?
In my experience, GW ran just as smoothly for me as WoW did. As I recall, I had everything cranked up in GW, but found myself having to tone things down in WoW (I haven't reinstalled WoW since I built my new PC, mind you; I was running WoW with the help of a Radeon 9800 Pro the last time I played it). I never really experienced any choke in GW, whereas it occurred sporadically in WoW. That could be because of the fact that every non-town area in GW is instanced, mind you.

Overall, though, if you can run WoW to your satisfaction, you shouldn't have any trouble with GW.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's among the most optimized games I know. Stock clocks, I have a laptop with a 2.0GHZ Dual Core CPU and a GPU that has a core clock of 500-ish MHZ (8600M GT). This game runs on highest settings on a resolution of 1680x1050 with my CPU downclocked to 1.20 GHZ and the GPU underclocked to 250-ish MHZ. And it will still run 30-40 FPS. So, if you can play WoW, you can play GW, believe me.

@ shadowcast: Well, it's true.

There is original version, called Prophecies.
Then the first stand alone expansion, Factions.
The second stand alone expansion, Nightfall and the true expansion Eye of the North. I myself have Prophecies, Nightfall and EotN, and will be getting Factions later on.

It really depends on what you like. Prophecies has the best and the longest story of them all, so to get your money's worth, get Prophecies. When you gain some experience at playing the game, it might be worth checking for either Factions or Nightfall. Why? Because both games add 2 new proffessions. Standard the game has 6 professions (included in all 3 games) and each of these professions has 4 or 5 atributes you can "train" in (by leveling. At any time you can enter points in any of these atributes, and change them later on (adds a lot to the replayability of course) You get enough points to max 1 of the atributes, close to maxing another one and spend your final points in a third one. You usually don't spend your points on more than 3 or 4 atributes.
The professions are:

Warrior, the damage dealers of the game, uses axes, swords and hammers and powerfull skills that rely on adrenaline instead of Energy (magic points in this game)

Ranger, Bow masters, pet masters, trap placers and the likes. One with the nature. Dealers of damage at a large range (gives you have a bow that is able to fire at the really long ranges)

Mesmer, interupters, stealers of energy, general pain in the asses because of there annoying magic.

Elementalist, powerful AoE fire magic, distrupting water magic, defensive earth magic or piercing air magic. And their primary skill, Energy Storage allows them to gain massive amounts of energy that can combine greatly with another profession.

Monk, Healer, Protector or Holy smiter.

Necromancer, powerful hexer with Curse Magic, can summon up to 10 minions with Death Magic, and damage dealer with Blood Magic.

Factions adds Assassins (Melee powerfull damage dealers) and Ritualists (Support, but also damage dealers). Nightfall adds Dervish (Holy melee AoE warriors) and Paragon (Spear users, mostly a supportive profession)

So, choose based on what kind of character you want to create. And if you like the game, you can always get all 3 of them.
I'd personally advice getting Prophecies first (get the gold pack then: Prophecies + EotN) since it the base game, and probably the best of them all. But get one of the other games soon too, since they add Heroes to the game, player adjustable AI-controlled henchman, and they make the game a lot easier and fun.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
Lets say I got the standalone expansion Nightfall.....do you get the other games or JUST the expansion...
well, ill be getting it in about a month or so i think, So prophecies you say....the first one right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom