Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats the point in ripping the image from an existing licensed game? It does look good though

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
i didnt rip it sorry...
i took a background from a dbz panorama....
the goku is a closeup fake artwork did by a deviantart member
the logo is the only thing official.. xd but i changed it too
and the box in the lower left... is from dbo but its modified...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you asked permission from the DeviantArt member? Anything he makes, is copyrighted to him, so using it without his consent is basicaly ripping. Still, the 800x600 version looks the best, the upscaled version has some aliasing problems.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still, what was the point in putting SBO in it at all then?

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Have you asked permission from the DeviantArt member? Anything he makes, is copyrighted to him, so using it without his consent is basicaly ripping. Still, the 800x600 version looks the best, the upscaled version has some aliasing problems.
WTF, when you make a sig with a render
do you ask the creator / cutter of the render if you can use it? LOL

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually since the artist doesn't own the intellectual property behind the artwork he has no claims to the copyright, but it's still common courtesy to ask permission before you use other peoples work in your own.

its not bad, but the background quality seems really diminished since it looks like a screen cap thats been stretched to fit, a few adjustments to the levels and an overlay on low opacity would work wonders on it too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually since the artist doesn't own the intellectual property behind the artwork he has no claims to the copyright, but it's still common courtesy to ask permission before you use other peoples work in your own.

its not bad, but the background quality seems really diminished since it looks like a screen cap thats been stretched to fit, a few adjustments to the levels and an overlay on low opacity would work wonders on it too.
Is that true? My teacher told me last week that I am, technically, not allowed to take pictures of the internet, because someone else made those. And thus they have the rights to that picture. Could be that I misunderstood of course, in which case...don't mind what I said. :p

WTF, when you make a sig with a render
do you ask the creator / cutter of the render if you can use it? LOL
If someone here on the forum for example made a render, and I would like to use that in my signature. Then yes, I would ask him. Then again, I would try to make as much as I can myself.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku's hair are obviously too big in that pic.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true, if you're using images you do not own the rights for from google, you are violating copyright laws if you aim to sell or publish it. The thing is, goku and all his likenesses are owned by toei animation, anything that uses his likeness as artwork model/etc is property of toei animation. It isn't quite the same as say; if you use a photo of a bear to do some artwork, since the bear isn't owned by anyone's intellectual property. It's owned by the photographer in that case.

If you want to avoid falling into legal loopholes creating artwork/graphics then you either must purchase stock, or you must edit it/reinvent it so it is unrecognisable. With the billions upon billions of images on the internet, people aren't going to start sending you to court unless you start making big money out of their work anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom