Next Generation Consoles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw people were swarming Gameinformer's thread about the XB360 so I decided to make a seperate, general interest thread. Bite me for being unoriginal.

Which, if any, are you planning on getting and why?

Disclaimer: This isn't a PS3 r0x 360 sux thread, I just wanted to see who was getting what.

PS3 for me, I got the first incarnation of the Playstation, then a PS1, then a PS2, then a slimline. I guess it's just innate fanboyism, but i'm also looking forward to my favorite series' being continued into the next generation: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Tenchu etc...

Best answers
Undoubtedly the revolution....using your controller as a virtual sword, etc.. would be so much fun....so im getting that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None for me. I'd rather buy a new PC then buy a next gen console. Though if I had to choose, i'd get a Rev.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS3. Playstation has always had more games that I liked than Xbox. Xbox usually releases their games on the pc anyway, so I'd feel like I wasted my money if I bought a 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xbox 360 and a Revolution. Of course that might change when everything actually comes out and I can play them and stuff. But as it is right now, 360 and Rev for me.

Best answers
I just dont want a normal console with better graphics, I would rather have something innovative....so....go ninty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess ill go with the rev.. Only if the rumors I heard about ps3 delayed to late 2007 is true.

Best answers
The Revolution is the one im anticpating the most, but im not some fanboy/fangirl who buys one console and constantly criticize the other and limit themselves to one gaming console as if their's not atleast more the one game you would like to play all 3 of them, so i will be getting a PS3 and possibly a 360 as well, because their will always be game that"ll come out for each of them that ill want enjoy. The only thing is, i might not get them all on launch, but i will get a Rev and PS3 at launch though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, I could definatley say the same thing (Halo, Smash Bros) but I can't afford to buy up all three consoles. At the moment I can't even afford the physical space to house them. The PS3 seems to have the vast majority of games i'll be looking forward to, but i'll be around my friends house when he gets his Revolution to play around with that controller.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my brother and I currently "share" the gamecube, so getting the revolution first is a must (NEED new Super Smash Brothers), but I plan to get my own personal PS3 for my birthday.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Well me and brother curretnly "share" the gamecube, so getting the revolution first is a must (NEED new Super Smash Brothers), but I plan to get my own personal PS3 for my birthday.
I hella want the revolution, but ****, some ***s are gonna be ridiculous to play (super smash brothers), but most of them are gonna kick ass.

Best answers
Kaination said:
I hella want the revolution, but ****, some ***s are gonna be ridiculous to play (super smash brothers), but most of them are gonna kick ass.
If they release a star wars game using the controller as a lightsaber i will jump for joy...but I think they will make ssb with good controls, we will see...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking to get my hands on both the PS3 and the Revolution (ideally). I'm not sure that I could, at this point in time, decide between those two, so I'd try to plan for both being included in my pseudo-budget.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
None for me. I'd rather buy a new PC then buy a next gen console. Though if I had to choose, i'd get a Rev.
Same.

I opted out of the console wars long ago, though I owe most of my video game roots to Nintendo.

Best answers
revolution, i like things about all of them equally, but the old snes games on revolution makes it teh win for me.

Best answers
I'm going to try and get all three. Most looking forward to the 360 at the moment though, mainly because of the news of PS3 being delayed. I'll no doubt change my mind once release gets closer though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revo and PS3 probably. I won't buy them as soon as they're released, I'm going to wait and see what they bring first.

I'm not really interested in the XB360. It lacks good, unique game series like Metal Gear, etc. That's why I prefer the PS3 and Revo.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rev. It's nintendo, I need say nothing more, they've never let me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom