Next Generation Consoles

Best answers
Not really excited about game consoles i would rather upgrade or buy a new computer instead but if had ti choose it would be the ps3 and revo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was done with consoles after buying a PSX. In my opinion, they are a waste of money -- You can build a computer that is a lot more powerful and get just about all the same games (the rest can be obtained illegally for use on the computer).

I would only buy a console if I WASNT a hardcore gamer -- Just plug-n-play.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS3 and the Revolution for me.

Never been a big PS fan, but from what i hear and see it looks cool.
Nintendo fan, so I'll get that as well.

My mind might change when they come out.
And I'll buy them when the price goes down :/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully the online mode of the revolution will be simple..Be great to have a giant ESF Super Smash Brothers tournament or something...

Wierd though, XBox 360 is not up to hype as I thought it would be.

The problem is the jump from (n64, ps one, dreamcast (damn right)) to (gamecube, PS2, Xbox) was GIGANTIC. Amazing evolution in graphics, more features, stabiler games, more dynamic games and great cutscenes (though I think Playstation one was good at that too).

The current leap, however, is a smaller one. The graphics can't really go as far, unlike the polygon-looking Super Mario 64 to the smoothed Mario Sunshine. So, I am going to expect outstanding gameplay since graphics won't be such surprise to me.

Retired
Best answers
I'm going for the X360. simply because I have Xbox Live atm and that just continues like normal with nice features + i'm interested in the games for it. I think MS does a better job now than they did with the first xbox, you can see they've learned from it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XB360 for me. Mainly because of the games, such as:
Halo 3
PGR 3
Fable 2

Best answers
I'm getting all three, but if I had to choose I'd go for the PS3 mostly because of the Final Fantasy series and MGS4 (must have closure from MGS2 ;/ )

Best answers
bought myself a ps2 last week....devil may cry 3 ownz......dont need any next-gen console for now....pimp pc instead and play hl2+mods in better quality!

Best answers
Revo obviously but I'm just going to throw the prices out:

Revo- $150-$250
Core Xbox 360- $300
Full Xbox 360- $450
PS3- $500

Don't believe me I guess?

PS3 has blue ray disc- $100 right off. The rest of the console will be like 300-400 because of its "superior technology of being everything but a videogame system >.>"

Xbox 360 core- Not backwards compatable and no hard drive.
Xbox 360 fulll- Another PS3 with lowered price

Revo- 20 years worth of games, innovation, DVD drive sold WITH!, backwards compatable with gamecube, lower price.

I go wtih the cheaper first >.>' So revo here I come xD

Best answers
all 3 for me but im not getting em til about 6 months after release i like to have a wider range of games to pick from

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No contest, really. Which of the current gen systems had the best games? PS2. So I'll be getting a PS3 first--but I'll probably end up getting all 3, just like I did with the current ones.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
Revo obviously but I'm just going to throw the prices out:

Revo- $150-$250
Core Xbox 360- $300
Full Xbox 360- $450
PS3- $500

PS3 has blue ray disc- $100 right off. The rest of the console will be like 300-400 because of its "superior technology of being everything but a videogame system >.>"
Dude, they pretty much already said PS3 is in the 340 bucks area.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$500 dollars is insane, I think Sony knows no one will pay that much.

And... Since when was the full xbox 360 $450? Did you add the cost of games and controllers on there because... God damn.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Full Xbox360 is $400. Core is $300.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, let's keep on topic. As soon as we start to slip even a little in console threads it turns into a short bus in these things. That being said, I think there is enough evidence in the history of video games to show that consoles have to be at least remotely similarly priced to be competitive, so the prices will all most likely even out to a middle ground anyway. So for me it is a non issue, regardless. I'm picking strictly based on my past preference and the fact that the other machines don't have anything I'm looking forward to that makes buying a machine over 200 dollars worthwhile. Heh.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Playstation 3 for me.. Most anime games are sold to the Sony corporation, so I'm for the PS3.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if this is true or not, but I read that " On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution." Notice how it says "on-paper" before I start provoking flames.

Anyways, I doubt the PS3 will be $500, I wasn't even aware of an official price yet. Either way, I'll probably have to wait for the first price-drop to get one of these bad-boys, and based on preference, it'll be a PS3.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I thought the PS3 would have much more votes. I'm suprised Revolution is #1 vote on this thread.

Best answers
The N-Revolution has me locked at the moment, that's the console im 100% sure im getting during launch. Im loving everything about it right now. Besides you can't get Nintendo games anywhere else. The XB360 just doesn't seem to be worth my time at all. I will get a PS3 as well though, mainly because of what Fatality said, they"ll probally have the most anime based games, and it's essential that i play Resident Evil 5 and other great Sony exclusives.

But all in all, i"ll probally end up getting all 3 once again anyway, but based on what console i enjoyed the most this current gen, Nintendo has me completely sold either way.

Best answers
Anyways, I doubt the PS3 will be $500, I wasn't even aware of an official price yet. Either way, I'll probably have to wait for the first price-drop to get one of these bad-boys, and based on preference, it'll be a PS3.
There isn't an official price, but some Sony guy said that the PS3 would be very expensive. I think all this stuff about it being $500 is entirely speculation based on a that small comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom