new vids and screens from dbzs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks great, like Zone of Enders spliced with B3.

I wonder if the Cell Arena is destroyable in sections/fragments, or if the destructable environments is fully malleable like Geomod. Imo the latter would be worthy of purchase alone.

Best answers
so im kinda wondering why the camera is always off center... it doesnt really appear like you can do "free flight". i dont see them aiming in any way. i dunno about this one... they just cant seem to get DBZ games right on consoles. Ill rent it for sure (just like i rented DBZ:sagas.. which sucked). i do like how they plan to make the story mode more 'robust' as he said. The character selection sounds cool... but im gonna bet that the base set of characters will be unique (animation and attack wise) and the rest like janemba, broly, chatsu(wtf were they thinking with chatsu? he blew himself up and didnt even scratch NAPPA's weak ass) will just have copy animations and all that jazz... yeah they just suck at making DBZ games. BUT ill give it a shot... hey i might actually like this one.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh, why do they only make games like this for the console?

I mean, sure ESF is probably allot better but I wanna play a game like this to, without having to buy a ps2.

Maybe they would sell even more then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the camera's off center so you can see what's in front of you. With 3rd person 'behind character' cameras you can't see what's directly in front of you because the player model is blocking your view, it's vital to see what's directly in front of you for melee/blocking etc.

Maybe Chiaotzu will be fun to play as :p Is there a character list anywhere?

Oh and the US/UK release is called Dragonball: Tenkaichi Budokai instead of Sparking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I think the camera's off center so you can see what's in front of you. With 3rd person 'behind character' cameras you can't see what's directly in front of you because the player model is blocking it, it's vital to see what's directly in front of you for melee/blocking etc.

Maybe Chiaotzu will be fun to play as :p Is there a character list anywhere?

Oh and the US/UK release is called Dragonball: Tenkaichi Budokai instead of Sparking.
Kinda like RE4's perspective then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't really comment, never played RE4 :p

The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Twisted Metal 2 (very old Playstation game) you could play as a tank called Minion and it would obstruct your view of anything and everything directly in front of you because of the camera position.

I've been reading around and the character number ranges from 40-60, yet i've been unable to find a list of characters so here's my devised one:

This assuming they do what they did with B3 and incorporate DB and DBGT (which I hope they do), and use the age system of Budokai 1 where different character ages don't count as seperate characters :) And i'm not counting Fusions as seperate characters either.

Token B3 Characters:
01. Kid Goku (early DB/DBGT)/Teen Goku (late DB)/Adult Goku (DBZ)/Goku Jr. (DBGT end)
02. Kid Gohan/Teen Gohan/Adult Gohan
03. Great Saiyaman
04. Goten/Teen Goten (GT)
05. Kid Vegeta (Bardock: Father of Goku)/Teen Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)/Adult Vegeta (Trunks Saga+)/Vegeta Jr. (DBGT end)
06. Kid Trunks/Teen Trunks
07. Teen Future Trunks (History of Trunks)/Adult Future Trunks (when he returns to his timeline in episode 179)
08. Kid Krillin (DB)/Teen Krillin (late DB)/Adult Krillin (DBZ)/Old Krillin (GT)
09. Kid Piccolo (Early Piccolo Jr. Saga)/Teen Piccolo (Late Piccolo Jr. Saga and early DBZ)/ Adult Piccolo (Namek Saga+)
10. Teen Tien (DB Tienshinhan Saga)/Adult Tien (DBZ)
11. Teen Yamcha (DB Episode 5)/Adult Yamcha (DBZ)
12. Adult Hercule (DBZ)/Old Hercule (DBGT, bald!)
13. Teen Videl (DBZ)/Adult Videl (End of DBZ, DBGT)
14. Supreme Kai
15. Kid Uub (DBZ)/Teen Uub (DBGT)
16. Raditz
17. Nappa
18. Ginyu
19. Recoome
20. Frieza
21. Android #16
22. Android #17/Future Android #17 (History of Trunks)/Artificial Cyborg #17 (GT)
23. Android #18/Future Android #18 (History of Trunks)
24. Android #20
25. Cell
26. Fat Majin Buu
27. Super Majin Buu
28. Kid Majin Buu (Original Majin Buu)
29. Dabura
30. Cooler
31. Bardock/Turles
32. Broly/Bio Broly
33. Omega Shenron
34. Saibamen/Biomen (Movie 2)
35. Cell Jr.

Revived Budokai 1+2 Characters:
36. Android #19
37. Dodoria
38. Zarbon

Original:
39. Thin Majin Buu
40. Android #13 (transes into Super #13)
41. Android #14
42. Android #15
43. Super Android #17
44. Baby (transes, all three Baby forms, possibly Baby Vegeta forms)
45. Tapion
46. Lord Slug
47. Bojack
48. Master Roshi
49. Naturon Shenron
50. Chiaotzu
51. Pikkon
52. Eis Shenron
53. Garlic Jr.
54. General Rildo
55. Nuova Shenron
56. Oceanus Shenron
57. Pan
58. Haze Shenron
59. Hildegarn (would be awesome)
60. Janemba

Other ideas: Hatchyack, Wheelo (mech), Mercenary Tao, Yajirobe, Yakon, Bido, Bujin, Zhangya, Gokua, Hatchyack, Both sets of Garlic Jr.'s henchmen, Coola's henchmen and Ninja Murasaki.

I can appreciate most people wouldn't want to play as half of these characters, but I think if they included them (as npc opponents) then the Story Mode could stretch from (an admittedly watered down) DB, through Z to the end of GT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't heard of half the characters on that list :p. Why is everyone comparing the game to ESF? Just because it's in 3rd person, does not relate it to esf in any way. The fighting style is way different, for one, they have realtime melee instead of run into each other and press arrows and hope you hit. In terms of graphics, it looks pretty nice, the one of normal goku, and of piccolo swooping is enough to satisfy me of graphical presentation.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im starting to Cry :cry: .
I want that Game now :) .

Hopefully it really is good when its done and Fun to Play.
BUT since im a dbz Fan i gonna buy it anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks really spiffy. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Battle system reminds me a lot of B3, with the addition of being able to swoop after your enemy manually. I saw combos, backwards teleportation, small Ki blasts and those strong flashy hits that block weak moves. If the system is deep enough, I might get it. Kinda reminds me of ZOE, which I loved to death.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is unlikely, but now that it uses fully 3D movement, what are the odds of being able to take on two (weaker) opponents simultaneously, like in Zone of Enders?

Best answers
It looks better than B3. In budokai series free flight was so hard, now it seems its hard to stick in the ground. Well, since i still like dbz very much i`ll buy this(but no, i didnt buy sagas). I wonder when it comes to europe...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow GameInformer, you sure are informed about games :D

fortnox said:
*edit* anyone notice that cell started in 3rd form and goku in SSj2 (or was that 1? im fairly sure it was 2) that probbably means that on exhebition mode you get to choose what forms you start as sweet!
It was SSJ1, I think it's the Story Mode, the point at the start of the Cell Games where SSJ Goku fought Perfect Cell as the 'warmup' before Gohan took over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom