new vids and screens from dbzs

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe i'm saying this, but it looks really good. I might actually buy this.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like budokai 3 with ESF's perspective. Ill probably buy it but it doesnt look that different than the previous game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still looks pretty mediocre gameplay wise. I don't see anything special that makes it worth buying in the videos. Like twister said, it seems to be budokai with a 3rd person perspective... Nothing special. Take my advice, rent it before you buy it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty much done with DBZ on the consoles. I mean they suck more. ESF is way better than these games. =/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it almost looks like they ripped off esf... but from what i see i think the viewpoint could get annoying... i mean it hardly ever changes... and its an awkward view. But it looks like its got potential.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do they only do these for the console? Seriously.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh, guys... from what i heard, it is a modification of Bandai's Budokai 3.

From what I heard, so I'm not saying it is right.

But to be honest, it does seem like a game catcher, I'll rent it

edit:

from looking at the videos, it does share fighting tactics of B3 but i take back my statement on how they used it's engine. Sorry fellas, anywayz, it seems a bit rushed. Like I saw how cell was putting in a combo on Goku, and goku just stood there while he attacked back with one of those strong hit attacks. I dunno, I'll rent it probably

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IGN and any other video game review site usually do the most BASIC moves its not even funny.

My brother showed me the awhile back, 3 transformatiosn for every character it says and completly destructable environment kickass, and the cintematic-like kamehameha looks great. All IGN did was a little combo and a strong kick. I am sensing Super Sonic Warrior like fighting possible, cept with 3d.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is it me, or does it remind anyone of Dragonball GT: Final Bout?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's definatley just you o_O

I think it looks like Budokai 3 with a different camera angle with maps bigger in every dimension.

The 'destructable environments' is nothing to be excited about. Both B3 and Saga's are credited with destructable environments and that means if you kick someone into a boulder it'll shatter, as opposed to the full pwnage Geomod workings of Red Faction.

Best answers
is it me, or does it remind anyone of Dragonball GT: Final Bout?
If you mean the use of final bout's choppy fighting animation's? Then no, your right it's not just you. Some other people on diffrent boards brought that up as well. It looks likes a mixture of more or less of budokai 3 though but yea as i said the stiff fighting animation's and sound effects look & sound like that of GT final bouts with the exception of the charge sound on the final punch/kick which is clearly from budokai 3.

Im kinda dissapointed from the looks of it, i still will buy it though and just from that early build it looks better then esf which is good enough for me. It's just too bad there not including online play. As for the over 60 playable characters, it has me kinda worried rather then excited but i guess we will see what happens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
60? Well I guess that's all of the B3 characters and then some. We know it's got Janemba in it, I hope it has all the other major movie villains as well. If it has Hildegarn then i'm buying it even if the name's changed to DBZ: Raccoon Sex Frenzy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, if that cell games terrain is destructable in every spot like that, I MAY rent it to check it out, becuase that looks pretty sweet. Regardless though, it's going to takea lot more than destructable terrain for the game to get me interested. I'm hoping that the fighting system is completley redone, if that happens, then I'll definatley rent it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's probably still in early builds, but to say the least, we thought the same about sagas and it hit us hard like a sack of potatoes. I hope that it doesn't choose to use techno bg music like Ultimate battle 22 and the 2 others that i forget, if that so happens, I would definitly not buy it. To me, sound makes or brakes a game. I can't sit and play a game listening to anything like that. I'm not a fan of guitars either, but when it comes to fighting games, I can't see anything better to use. In order to say I'll purchase it or not, I'll have to see more reviews, I can't base my decision on early builds.

Btw, nice sig Phatslugga.

Edit:
Gamespot said:
In addition, character models will now be modified during fights as each character takes damage. For instance, Goku started the fight with a relatively clean uniform, but at the end of the fight (in which he barely managed to defeat Buu), he was noticeably bruised up, and his outfit had numerous tears and scrapes in it.
That's pretty impressive, as long as the animations are well done, and the gameplay is good. I might actually check it out

Best answers
This game has alot of potential, I hope they don't screw it up. Providing it isnt another sagas in disguise I'll definately buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom