• Hand Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shotgun

• Neddle gun

• Granade gun

• Nightmare Beta thingy gun (dont remember right name for it)

• Dont play Devil May Cry

• I only ever use the swords or Ifret!

• Total voters
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said, all the keys are subject to change. It's what the majority wants, not what I want.

As for beamjump, well, you guys kinda destroyed that by not allowing turbo to give it the full speed it deserves.
What full speed. Its as fast as the beam goes. If needed to go across the map you dont realy need that speed. Ki cost is low and you are there in a jiff.

Sure you are faster in 1.2 (heck you can die from falling damage by using beamjump in 1.2) but that also causes it to become a running technique. Atleast with the turbo speed removed from beamjump you can catch the guy.

Dont tell me that never anoyed you. Beamspammer + turbo beamjump. Impossible to catch if not SSJ.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why you're not supposed to chase him as he escapes. Wait until he's found a new target, and while he's charging his funny beam, you surprise sex him.

Personally, I'd rather have the turbo beamjump back. Beam spamming is basically dead, and when someone is doing so, it's usually a bored "pro".

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea but turbo beam jump was overpowered. It was impossible to catch up to the enemy if he beam jumps all day, it was lame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he's beam jumping all day, he isn't hurting anyone o.0.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion for swooping has two parts. The first part is actually what Grega has said, which I had also said in another thread, where they should bring back the old swoop, but with the new system of chaining. My second part is, being able to teleport while swooping. Now, it may seem like it will be unfair, but it's really not. If you teleport while swooping, it takes some of that stamina away for every single one you do. It could also come at a pretty high ki cost. I initially came up with this idea to work with the 1.3 swoop, since you can't stop to teleport and then swoop again. Then, I just figured, "Well, the old swoop was better, so why not just make it less of a hassle to use teleports, and swoop at the same time, with the 1.2 swoop?" Please, tell me what you guys think of my idea. I think it would just make it easier to play more on the offensive side, but it comes with a cost.
I'm adding his suggestion to make teleporting during swooping possible.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey you can catch up to turbo beam jump just by doing a tele swoop many times, and I take that back whit removing of dash I am king of fun of dash

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega, in DBZ, they used swoop to fly around, and used beamjumping to dodge an attack. It would be stupid if you'd have to use Beamjump to get around in ESF, and use swoop to dodge attacks. Personally, I don't even like beamjumping, I'd rather swoop.

Best answers
What full speed. Its as fast as the beam goes. If needed to go across the map you dont realy need that speed. Ki cost is low and you are there in a jiff.

Sure you are faster in 1.2 (heck you can die from falling damage by using beamjump in 1.2) but that also causes it to become a running technique. Atleast with the turbo speed removed from beamjump you can catch the guy.

Dont tell me that never anoyed you. Beamspammer + turbo beamjump. Impossible to catch if not SSJ.
lol it was good quick attack training

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whelp, guess this idea is dead.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whelp, guess this idea is dead.
Not as dead as you think. Some aspects of it are nice.

The onlything i dont like is having my mousewheel rebound XD

And maby a bit of cmoplexity with the shifting. But people can get ussed to it.

Allthough i realy like the fact that you have 2 difrent systems in the current build aswell.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any keys that I have there are placeholders. I chose the mousewheel because it's easy for me o_O.

Best answers
so its basicly what we have now, but u dont have to press the fly button to tp ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should probably read the entire thread again.

Best answers
again, its like half 1, can u not just sum it up >.<

anyways, do u have to dash to get into adv.melee ?
or will normal swoop do it

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm basically just going to repeat the above and try to elaborate on it.

There are 2 swoops in 1.3. Most people hate having 2 separate swoops, since one is extremely slow, making it a ***** to travel long distances, and one is very fast, but viable in very few situations. My idea would combine both swoops, creating a new, easy to use, and easy to control swoop.

Basically, we would have a swoop where WE would control the speed at which we travel. What ever do you mean, Zeo? Well, we would be controlling our character in much the same fashion one would fly an airplane. Except not really. The scroller on your mouse would determine how fast you travel. You would start out at a neutral setting or the middle ground, if you will (unless you choose to have your default speed at something else via the options menu). Scrolling the mouse downwards would cause your character to decelerate, and scrolling upwards would cause you to accelerate. I chose the scroller because it's easy to use and if you want to change attacks, you should use the number keys anyway. If you have time to charge a kame torpedo, you have time to press the key.

The neutral speed would allow you to cruise around, using less less ki and less stamina, and perfect for traveling long distances. Traveling at high speeds would be perfect for catching your opponents in close quarters, or trying to cut them off in mid-air, allowing you to hit them from the sides or wherever else you please. It would essentially be dash. I like to think of slower speeds as something like an airbrake. Scrolling downwards rapidly would result in rapid decceleration, bringing you to a complete stop, or just..make you really, really slow. Whichever people prefer. When you begin to swoop again, you would start out at the normal speed.

Dashing/Highest Speed would last until you tell it to stop. It doesn't stop at a pre-determined time. It's up to you. You are in control.

I have discussed the keys for this idea with my clanmate Sub, and we've thought of several possibilities:

Shift + Forward key* = Swooping forwards

*Any other direction

This would allow people to continue floating around and walking, while still being able to swoop around with ease. However, many people would prefer to have a single swoop button.

So tapping Forward once allows you to swoop, tapping forward once more allows you to stop.

Or just have single taps, hold the key down and when you let go, you stop.

I personally don't care how the keys are set up since they all seem to work pretty well. Would be nice if we had multiple options, allowing people to play the way they want to play.

That's about it for now I guess. If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

Critz and comments, as usual.

ADDITIONS TO THE SYSTEM:

:yes:

I don't know how the new advanced melee is going to play out ingame, so I'm not going to bother adjusting the system for it yet.

Best answers
all i want is a long distance swoop or dash until you are out of ki, instead of 5 sec swoop or dash

swoop= charge one
dash=2* tap
esf team , please give a long distance swoop or dash, dash or swoop is your choice just make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your post doesn't belong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom