New Secondary Ki-blast

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now, ki blasts shoot either straight or in an arc. My idea would be to change the secondary fire of Ki blast to charged up ki blasts. Its just like the one that arcs, but bigger, stronger, faster and at the cost of more ki. If people still want to keep the button fire to arc and straight, then you can turn the turbo on and when you preform the arc ki blast, instead of the default ones, it would be the more powerful version. Kinda gives Ki balsts a better deal.

Got this idea from Tenkaichi, where you can hit triangle and you shoot out your normal ki blasts and then if you have enough ki and a character that has the move, you can perform a stronger version of the ki blasts at a much higer ki cost, but they do save you in certain situations.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you do know what generic beam is right >_>? just minimum charge generic beam. Ki blasts are fine like they are now, because they give u 2 perfect options, accurate but slow, and fast but inaccurate.

nge

Best answers
Charge a gen ball if you want a strong, charged ki blast.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not talking about gen beams or gen balls, I'm talking about the ki blasts that turn into the blob. I'm saying that it would be cool have a charged up version of like the Renzoku. Keep the same speed, increase the strength a little, making it drain more ki and make the blasts bigger.

nge

Best answers
I'm a turbo fighter, and I fire ki-blasts nearly constantly when not moving for melee. Forcing me to fire arc'd blasts even when they're flying is a no thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I'm not talking about gen beams or gen balls, I'm talking about the ki blasts that turn into the blob. I'm saying that it would be cool have a charged up version of like the Renzoku. Keep the same speed, increase the strength a little, making it drain more ki and make the blasts bigger.

Renzoku is something that balances out Vegeta's lack of attacks and higher ssj transformation PL, IMO. Giving everyone else something more powerful and just as fast would defeat the purpose of it. And kiblast already do more damage when you use turbo, so, making them have more damage due to increase PL plus just giving the attack more damage for having turbo on overpowers it I think, and turbo already causes you to lose more ki. But besides that, "Make them a little bigger with turbo on?" I dont have any problem with that.

Edit:

nge said:
I'm a turbo fighter, and I fire ki-blasts nearly constantly when not moving for melee. Forcing me to fire arc'd blasts even when they're flying is a no thanks.
I think he said that you would be able to use both modes still.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, here is a new idea. How about when turbo is on, your moves get bigger? They already get increased strength but you don't visually get to see them grow like they should.

nge

Best answers
Cosmetic effects?

I suppose, but in EVM the beams are too freaking huge to even see what you're shooting at in first person. I'm a first person fighter myself, and going blind everytime I attacked is also a no.

(yes, I realize I'm a dieing breed as a first person/turbo fighter, but it's what I do.)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is noticable. The beam is stronger and faster. What more do you want.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To make it look noticable. Sure you could have a beam thats a one hit kill and super fast, but if its smaller then your character then whats the point? Why not make all the beams in the game super tiny because it doesn't matter, its still super strong and fast. Who needs to show power?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Cosmetic effects?
I'm a first person fighter myself
Wow. That's deep, lol XD

Ontopic: For cosmetic effects, maybe you can have eletricity arcing around the beam. Or for quick attacks like ki blast's and gen balls, you could have something akin to a muzzle flash on a gun whenever you fire.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if they can add effects on the beams in 2d spriting. i know you can if you do 3d spriting.

This is a question for the team: Are you guys going to stay at 2d sprites or move up to 3d?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look EVM did it with the increased beam size. And look what happens. You fire a beam and you dont see where you are aiming >.<

Thats the size you want right there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Look EVM did it with the increased beam size. And look what happens. You fire a beam and you dont see where you are aiming >.<

Thats the size you want right there.
No, that is not the size I want. Say the size of a beam is default 1 and evm's is like 4. I would want the beam when i turbo to be at 1.5 or 1.75. Its not a HUGE beam but it is noticable. you can tell its bigger because someone is in Turbo.

Best answers
You guys dont read carefully enough.. By the way Their could also be a " beam trail " on a gen ball that's shot with turbo on.. like a short/small beam trail showing its power

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom