New Melee System Overview *video*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's still being worked on and tested. They probably want to make sure that it works first, then they will start to polish the eyecandy.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oi, oi guys long time eh? :D and woow, simply AMAZING! i'm gonna sooo play this when it comes out :fight:

Best answers
Ya ive been checking on this site for soo long i remember when this game first came out i cant wait till the newest beta is released its gonna be so tight.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Correct the video links please. They are bugged since that video forum update.

Best answers
I've been wondering for a very long time: How big are the maps exactly? It looks as if you can go almost anywhere, or my eyes must be tricking me.
Real distance, or nicely done 3D Skyboxing? ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Massive. The maps in essence have a unlimited size. The mapping system used in the original Half Life game has been discarded, and instead the team made their own mapping system which allows for far greater maps and much more detail in them. Where old maps were made in Valve's Hammer, new maps are actually modeled in a model program.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Map size is as limited as the mapper makes them. Having totally unlimited maps is impossible since there are hardware limits when loading them. But the only limits are 80k polygons and no more than the necesairy amount of textures. The less materials you have on the model the faster it plays.

Regarding the size. Well as big as you can make it with those limits really. Be it smaller than HL max size or 10 times bigger.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Map size is as limited as the mapper makes them. Having totally unlimited maps is impossible since there are hardware limits when loading them. But the only limits are 80k polygons and no more than the necesairy amount of textures. The less materials you have on the model the faster it plays.

Regarding the size. Well as big as you can make it with those limits really. Be it smaller than HL max size or 10 times bigger.
The amount of poly's doesn't say anything about the size of the map really. It just says something about the quality/size ratio. Small maps will have the possibility to have a lot of poly's per square...mile. While bigger maps have a lot less poly's per square mile, because they need to distribute the poly's on a much greater field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom