New Melee System Overview *video*

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You got the point - if you don't do it in the next 72 hours you always say "later" or you forget abaut it. And in my opinion it sounds like a 5 minutes work. Why not do it NOW instead of doing it later or never.

That's absolutely right that there are a lot of things to do BUT so it's always one more thing and if you do the fast things first you haven't so many other things to do and you can concentrate on the "important" things.
Because it isn't anything gamebreaking and it's not on the modelers/skinners priority list. A very minor error like this will be fixed later.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You didn't understand what I've try to say. But that's no problem, because I just meant Kynetik and not you or Grega or other people who think that they have to say something to any post. ;)

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, the workload gap between a small aesthetic, and whats actually immediately important - is really massive. Belive it or not, there are actually more pressing matters than Goku.

In any case, to spare modellers time, Ive fixed the texture myself. GG made the texture such a pain, the symbol area had to be virtually totally redrawn instead of merely flipped. Believe me, it took more than 5 minutes lol. At the end of the day, the symbol is probably going to become the Kai symbol anyway.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, the workload gap between a small aesthetic, and whats actually immediately important - is really massive. Belive it or not, there are actually more pressing matters than Goku.

In any case, to spare modellers time, Ive fixed the texture myself. GG made the texture such a pain, the symbol area had to be virtually totally redrawn instead of merely flipped. Believe me, it took more than 5 minutes lol. At the end of the day, the symbol is probably going to become the Kai symbol anyway.
it was kamas skin, if you talked to GG he might have given you the PSD, and it'd be a simple flip job on the symbol layer.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was told it was GGs skin :p

Never see either of them around anyway lol, and I saved everyone time by just doing it. Kama didnt do a good job of avoiding massive colour loss and speculation at any rate (sorry mate), though I admit this can be difficult when dealing with shades of white/grey and 8bit compression. It was actually far better off being redrawn, just a 15min job. Browsing the Gokus , the 8bit image was actually sequentially compressed and got worse per model. All good now ^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't understand what I've try to say. But that's no problem, because I just meant Kynetik and not you or Grega or other people who think that they have to say something to any post. ;)
None of us HAVE to say anything in a thread, we just choose to. And I understand what you're trying to say, you want the logo flipped so it looks proper, and for some reason you think it isn't going to be fixed if it isn't done ASAP.

Best answers
wow esf 1.3 has come really far. Looks like this new melee got the game close to being done. It looks perfect from the videos, unless it still contains alot of bugs?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have no idea how awesome melee is.. Its VERY versatile and you can create some INSANE combos with it. After you get used to our swoop tweaks... the game is just.. soo soo fun.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
... And I understand what you're trying to say, you want ..bla bla bla ...
Nope. As I can see (and already said) you don't. But that's no problem. A tip: Sometimes it's better to say nothing then bulls**t. ;)

Hope our "discussion" is done and we can go back to topic. Or are you a guy who always must have the last word?

If you wan't say something to me, just write a pm please. Thanks.

wow esf 1.3 has come really far. Looks like this new melee got the game close to being done. It looks perfect from the videos, unless it still contains alot of bugs?
If you look closer then you can't see other characters who are finally done. Since the last weeks I just saw goku, kidbuu, trunks, gohan and frieza? Did I forget someone?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forgot Evil Buu.

But yea you preety much hit the nail on the head.

We have Gohan, SSJ2 Gohan, Trunks and Trunks SSJ, Goku all forms and 2 of Buus forms and not even all of those are totally finished animation/code whise. The rest are preety much missing out in a lot of areas.

Best answers
So, in fact, the mod has almost "returned" to alpha. Is like a brand new mod.

Forget about getting it this year, is far from end...

Anyway, I prefeer having a good game later than a bad, bugged game now.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly it was supposed to be beta 1.3. Now it's just ESF: Final since the team won't be making any "sequels" to it. Hence the name "Final".

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope. As I can see (and already said) you don't. But that's no problem. A tip: Sometimes it's better to say nothing then bulls**t. ;)
Then what were you asking?

Best answers
Oh ... Oh my GOD.

Stopped following ESF 5 or 6 months ago and... and... O_O'
Seriously guys, you lied to us ! it's not the Half Life 1 engine, it's impossible !
The beta beam struggles was awesome; now a new melee system, new graphics, new sounds oO
What the . xD

Awesome work guys . really. x)

ESF was already a great half life mod, now it's gonna be the best. \o/

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The simple melee looks a bit strange, like he hits in air and sometimes pretty far away.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom