New knockback or old knockback?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
thats been done by several ppl...myself and carnage included...but all we get in return from ppl..(excluding the team cause they dont post very often) mods included...is a "stfu the game is leetzor" attitude...there are a few ppl on these forums that like the suggestions...but the ones that like to go "OMG THIS VERSION IS THE BOMB SHIZZLE!!!" without even really playing it for an extended period of time make it not even worth trying to suggest something because they post in the suggestions...start a flame war/arguement and the thread gets closed without anyone even looking at it...
I've already aknowledged (quite a few times) that the current system has a lot of faults, those of which we're trying to fix (stated here )
The main problem with your suggestions is that you basically want a sugar coated beta 1.1 melee system. Like I just said in my previous post, we dont want to recode 1.1 melee, a large majority of the fan base has a problem with that style of melee too. Sure, you might be happy along with the other vets, but then we need to deal with the other 1/2 of the fan base that hated it. We want to do something new and innovative, something that's 'somewhat' true to DBZ combat, retaining properties of close + distanced melee combat. Constantly smashing enemies across the level is NOT too DBZ like.

Sorry that we havn't been posting too much, but if you have a decent idea that's not glorified beta 1.1 melee, I'll be more then happy to listen to it.

Best answers
Once again again I am dumbfounded by the "logical" reasoning of the firm(stubborn) believers that 1.1 was better than 1.2.

I defend 1.2 I played 1.1 for a very long time, more than "2 weeks". I wan't you to tell me what about 1.1 made it better than 1.2. Seriously. Post something that was in 1.1 that they changed/removed in 1.2, that made the game worse.

Best answers
As it always is, it's the vocal minority vs. the silent majority.

The diehard 1.1 er's all want it back the way it was, and so they have something to complain about....which they do...frequently. They all want to try to change it back, or to something resembling it.

But, if you prefer 1.2's melee, are you going to come onto the board and make 4 or 5 threads about why it's better than 1.1? No, because you aren't trying to accomplish anything with it.

Thus, to all the 1.1 fans, it appears they have plenty of support, while in reality, there are only about 20 of you at most. The rest of the players don't have to try to prove something, so you don't realize that there are many, many more people happy with the 1.2 system than dissatisfied.

And, as PCJoe clearly stated, the 1.1 melee system was never intended to be permanent. It merely stood in, to make it not only beam wars, and add a bit more strategy and skill to the game. But, it is only a placeholder, designed to be replaced.

And everyone who claims that 1.2 melee doesn't take skill is wrong. How long have you been playing with adv. melee? I'd wager that for you 1.1 pros, it's not very long, as you stick with the simple melee you know. Give it a chance, and try to learn the nuances of this system too. Now you can trick your opponents' mind a bit too, not merely his reflexes. Skill isn't about how quickly you can move your fingers in a pretty much preprogrammed pattern, it's also quick mental reactions and perceptions.

And yes, it is the Team's mod, and they'll do what they want with it. But they also want to keep as many players happy as possible. And again, there are many more players who enjoy 1.2 melee to 1.1, they just arent' speaking out, because they've got nothing to speak out against.

Now, personally, i'm sick of these threads too. This isn't constructive towards the mod at all. Obviously there are some problems with 1.2 melee, i'm not saying there arent'. But there were problems with 1.1 as well, and i'd say more of them. Try to keep any criticizism of the system constructive, and offer new suggestions. They've said they aren't going back to 1.1, so if you really hate 1.2, make something different from them both, like carnage did. That sort of suggestion will help improve the game, unlike another thread about regressing to 1.1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God.. another 1.2 vs 1.1 thread. First, My opinion on the knockback goes to 1.2. Now that the damage is decreased, the 2 hit combo isn't as bad, and when I hit somoene they don't go flying all the way across the map. I don't care that you could get more hits if you were skilled enough, it doesn't change the fact that your enemy flew WAY to far when you hit them.

Now for all this 1.2 vs 1.1 stuff. I logged onto steam yesterday and refreshed a list of ESF servers. Do you know how many I came up with? over 60 servers... I've been playing since 1.0 (I actually played a few months before 1.0 came out) and never have I seen that many servers on the Steam list. Maybe during the first month of the 1.0 release, but I can't be sure. There are TONS more people playing 1.2 than there ever were playing 1.0-1.1. Heh, I remember playing 1.1 and barely finding a server with 6 people most of the time. I also had to worry about ping, back in 1.1 days, there were only about 5-6 servers I could choose from to get a decent ping. Now, I come across a variety of servers with good pings and usually more than 7-8 people in each one.

Face it, more people are playing 1.2, thats a FACT. What we don't know is why these people are palying it now, or if they ever have before. We can only speculate, maybe they tried 1.1, but since it was so harsh on all of the noobies, they ended up quitting it. Maybe they'd never heard of it before but one of their friends told them about the new system and they tried it out. Maybe they just came across it for the first time, and never knew anything about 1.1 at all. Whatever, you can only guess and that doesn't prove anything. What I can prove to you, however, is that MANY more people play 1.2 than 1.1, and enjoy it. The growing fanbase isn't just a coincidence, people are able to learn it without getting too frustrated. There are still some that do get frustrated, and quit before they learn, but that's their loss. The team has made a game that's easy to learn for begginners, and a game that can be mastered. Back in 1.1 only a few could master it, and only a few played, now in 1.2 many more people play, becuase it's not so easy to master.

Bash 1.2 all you want, but it's got a bigger fanbase than 1.1 ever had. Plus, the game is still going under changes, so either play on and adjust, stop playing and wait for more changes, or go back to 1.1. We've heard the same story over and over, and the team heard you. They're working their asses off and they'll make the changes they think will benefit them and the community the most.

Mystic Uub - The team DOES have the choice to make the game the way they want it, and the team has the choice to do whatever they want with it. Why do they release it to the community if they don't have to? They release it to see if people like it. ESF is practice so they can go on to bigger and better things. They need our feedback to make the game the best it can be. Now, that doesn't mean you go whining over and over about the same things, you point out what you like or don't like and the team takes it from there, then you wait until there's another improvement. Rinse Repeat.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
2 hit combo isn't as bad
uh yes it is, it sucks
We can only speculate, maybe they tried 1.1, but since it was so harsh on all of the noobies, they ended up quitting it.
thx to me yea
What I can prove to you, however, is that MANY more people play 1.2 than 1.1, and enjoy it
cause of that COOL advanced melee and special combo's yea
people are able to learn it without getting too frustrated.
I kept playing 1.1 over and over again just because u could ALWAYS improve ur skills in 1.1 After 2 weeks of 1.2 i quitted playing with all of my clanmates

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
uh yes it is, it sucks
It's been toned down, meaning with two hits you only do 14 damage, instead of 20, so it's not that bad.

thx to me yea
Heh... whatever, that was pointless.

cause of that COOL advanced melee and special combo's yea
Any point in this either?

I kept playing 1.1 over and over again just because u could ALWAYS improve ur skills in 1.1 After 2 weeks of 1.2 i quitted playing with all of my clanmates
Well guess what, the majority isn't you, and that's nto waht the majority did. Like I said before, only a few kept on playing 1.1. I was in that few as well, but even I started to stop playing 1.1. I, and in general, everyone else, is much more active in 1.2.

Best answers
I love both!!! esf1.1 rox now almost the same as 1.2
they are both very fun, that means 1.2 aint as great as you think it is lol

J/K
1.2 is much more easy to do old melee style comboes...
I mean they fly much slower from punches, not like in the show
though its easier to do teleport and hit again in 1.2... much easier!!!
in 1.1 it was faster therefore harder and much more fun to be a pro in there
in 1.1 the differences between pro players and noob players was huge
it was so fun to 1337 on noobs and use the hard training
now in 1.2 the differences between true 1337 players and normal noobs is almost only 20% of the one was in 1.1
still it has many other goodies to cover up for this bad propety..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I've already aknowledged (quite a few times) that the current system has a lot of faults, those of which we're trying to fix (stated here )
The main problem with your suggestions is that you basically want a sugar coated beta 1.1 melee system. Like I just said in my previous post, we dont want to recode 1.1 melee, a large majority of the fan base has a problem with that style of melee too. Sure, you might be happy along with the other vets, but then we need to deal with the other 1/2 of the fan base that hated it. We want to do something new and innovative, something that's 'somewhat' true to DBZ combat, retaining properties of close + distanced melee combat. Constantly smashing enemies across the level is NOT too DBZ like.

Sorry that we havn't been posting too much, but if you have a decent idea that's not glorified beta 1.1 melee, I'll be more then happy to listen to it.
end of topic

we so dont need 50 pages of im right and your wrong

if you cant accept what the joe/team says then thats your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom