New knockback or old knockback?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh sure ofcoruse they dont care what people think

i mean they only spend their free time working on something that gives nothing in return why would they care? not like it takes dedication and comitment to do a mod

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So making a game that they can enjoy gives them nothing in return? Gaining skills in making games that they could use for a future job gives them nothing in return? And I never said it wasn't hard to make a mod, it's hard as hell. Countless mods have failed where esf has managed to suceed. My hat goes off to them, but really, just take the tele delay for example. The majority of people hate that thing, but the esf team likes it, therefore it will stay in. Hell, if the esf team wanted to put in a big flying camel that killed people when they looked at it, it would be put in.

I'm not even trying to say that they should listen to there fans, right now I really couldn't care less. All I'm doing is saying whatever the esf team wants to be put in, will be put in. No point in arguing with that as it's a fact.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Let's remind ourselves of a few things.
1. It is the team's mod.
2. They make the mod, how they want it made.
Partial credit to Dask, wiener face =P.
>_>

As he said *caugh jaxor* It's the team's mod, they make it how they like it, deal with it.

No one's making you play.

Best answers
HURRAY FOR SARCASM *gives a standing ovation*

wow...thats great...sarcasm solves a lot huh =D...gj...-_-

like i said b4...if the team wants it the way -they- want it...without ppl trying to change it because they dont like it...then they shouldnt release it at all..

and yea...ive been here since 1.0...ive played this game for over a year...which is WAY more than i can say for any other game ive ever played in my life EVER...

the fact is...the team did too much...everyone hated 'HOWing' and stuff like that...so instead of just fixing what was broken...they changed the ENTIRE game to suit -one- group of ppl....

and dont even try to tell me that there arent more ppl now than there were b4 1.2 was released...cause thats total bs...there were new ppl registering a couple weeks b4 1.2 was released...JUST for this release...in fact...i challenge someone to make a poll to see how many ppl acctually played 1.1 for more than a few weeks...and who has just played 1.2....i bet u anything that the majority of the votes will go to the latter...itll show that most of the ppl here...especially the ones that defend 1.2 with their lives...werent even here to play the other versions...and that the older ppl have just given up on the game because they dont like it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
and dont even try to tell me that there arent more ppl now than there were b4 1.2 was released...cause thats total bs...there were new ppl registering a couple weeks b4 1.2 was released...JUST for this release...in fact...i challenge someone to make a poll to see how many ppl acctually played 1.1 for more than a few weeks...and who has just played 1.2....
well then i guess ill go with ur bizzaro world and say
Bizzaro World said:
Oh yeah 50 million people were playing durring 1.1 and then they all left cause as we all know more people never joined from the new release
the fact is and forever will be that there are more people now than durring 1.1

more people showed up to 1.2s release than 1.0 and theres more people playing then there was durring 1.1 because no one wanted to play with howers and the like

MysticUub said:
i bet u anything that the majority of the votes will go to the latter...itll show that most of the ppl here...especially the ones that defend 1.2 with their lives...werent even here to play the other versions...and that the older ppl have just given up on the game because they dont like it...
and more people liking 1.1 you say? strange cause i see something else when i look around

Best answers
whats your point?....u make it sound like any poll on these forums is official...the fact is that poll is totally baseless because the ppl that dont even play esf anymore (SaiyanPride is a prime example) defend 1.2 with their lives because its the newest version..

as long as u have ppl like that no poll that is ever made here will be 'official'...so just using that poll to try and make ur arguement look better doesnt do it bud...sorry...

acctually...where did i ever say that more ppl like 1.1?...thats not what i said...i said that there are more ppl here now that have been here for ONLY 1.2 than there are that were here for 1.0/1.1/1.2...which means...that it would seem that there are more ppl that like 1.2...but u cant really base anything on their oppininons...because they dont have anything to compare to...all they have is other mods..and we all know that esf is better than just about anything out there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
acctually...where did i ever say that more ppl like 1.1?.
Don't even try clearing that, there was an obvious emphasis where Hib quoted you.

MysticUub said:
i said that there are more ppl here now that have been here for ONLY 1.2
Yeah, they came 'cause they HEARD the release was gonna be pwn, but to a big upset. hence a lot of people left.

And for future reference, I suggest no posting, then later contradicting what you said earlier, really doesn't make any sense.

And here we have another classic example of a "screwed in the end" thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
whats your point?....u make it sound like any poll on these forums is official...the fact is that poll is totally baseless because the ppl that dont even play esf anymore (SaiyanPride is a prime example) defend 1.2 with their lives because its the newest version..

as long as u have ppl like that no poll that is ever made here will be 'official'...so just using that poll to try and make ur arguement look better doesnt do it bud...sorry...
well yeah cause the 80+ people just came out of no where to post that and were prob all 1 person

the fact is as much as u hate to admit it people like 1.2 more and u going LALALALALALLALAL IM NOT LISTENING doesnt change that ;)

Best answers
i guess u missinterpreted....i didnt mean to say that more ppl like 1.1...i meant that more ppl seem to like 1.2 because they are the only ppl left here...u cant base the popularity of the game on the community because there are SOOOO many ppl that just dont post here

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
i guess u missinterpreted....i didnt mean to say that more ppl like 1.1...i meant that more ppl seem to like 1.2 because they are the only ppl left here...u cant base the popularity of the game on the community because there are SOOOO many ppl that just dont post here
Are you psychic... do you go around with surveys asking if people like 1.2 or not?

Your basing your argument on truly vivid knowledge, I suggest you realize that this a moot point. This game is still in the BETA stages, things are going to change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
i guess we missinterpreted because u aruge several points of contradicting views and claim that polls are innacurate because they arnt "offical" :rolleyes:

isnt any poll that takes opinions of people offical? i dont recall a national leauge of poll authenticators....

hmm though thats 55 more people who went out of their way to say they like 1.2 more than 1.1 but hey i guess it doesnt count because the magical poll pixies deem it unoffical

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Supertrunks, just give up on esf man. The esf team won't do anything to fix the game, they won't listen to suggestions (example: My tele delay thread which was closed for no reason), 1.3 will be a big letdown like 1.2 and it's clear that all these 1.2 fans defy all logic when arguing that 1.2 is better then 1.1. Like I said above, the esf team could put a flying camel ingame that kills someone when you look at it. The 1.2 fan boys will love it too, aslong as the game requires no skill to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
Supertrunks, just give up on esf man. The esf team won't do anything to fix the game, they won't listen to suggestions (example: My tele delay thread which was closed for no reason), 1.3 will be a big letdown like 1.2 and it's clear that all these 1.2 fans defy all logic when arguing that 1.2 is better then 1.1. Like I said above, the esf team could put a flying camel ingame that kills someone when you look at it. The 1.2 fan boys will love it too, aslong as the game requires no skill to play.
if u hate it so much why dont u leave?

i dont recall anyone asking to hear u whine and say how much u think 1.3 will suck well unless the guild of poll authentication is now the group of people who ask for you opinion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
The esf team won't do anything to fix the game, they won't listen to suggestions (example: My tele delay thread which was closed for no reason), 1.3 will be a big letdown like 1.2 and it's clear that all these 1.2 fans defy all logic when arguing that 1.2 is better then 1.1. Like I said above, the esf team could put a flying camel ingame that kills someone when you look at it. The 1.2 fan boys will love it too, aslong as the game requires no skill to play.
Oh yeah, definately. 1.3 is gonna be so horrible, and it's all because the ESF team doesn't go around and ask every individual user on the forums for input on what they should be able to put into their mod.

Hybrid said:
Supertrunks, just give up on esf man.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
And what about the fact you can hit the guy twice with the use of only one teleport or did Pcjoe know aobut that OH WAIT! that's why he added the combo limit instead of increasing knockback speed and distance hehe must of slipped my mind
MysticUub said:
the things that most of the '1.1 whiners' are dissatisfied with are melee..and gameplay in general that the team effected because some ppl cried about it..."OMGZOR HE JUST HIT ME WITH A TELE HIT IN LESS THAN A SECOND!! U SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO THAT!!!" *puts in a tele delay*...
First of all - Don't try to make the team look like a bunch of obilvious idiots. We pay attention to the suggestions on the forum and we do plan out what we implement.
We don't want to recreate beta 1.1 melee. As we've been telling you guys since 1.0, the 1.0-1.1 melee system is just a Place Holder for future systems. The main reason I was so hesitant about increasing the knockback speed is because I dont want ESF to go back to it's previous "wack the ****er across the level" type of gameplay. It's apparent you want to just play 1.1 in all it's 5-combo-hit glory, which is why you can
a) Use the am_simplemelee cvar
b) Uninstall 1.2 and play 1.0-1.1.
If you cant find any players, that's your problem, not ours ^_^

Dragon Ball Z combat does not consist of constantly hitting the enemy across the level with rediculously powerful hits. With Beta 1.2 we tried to capture the close-combat aspect of DBZ Melee, and apparently we failed. The system has various faults ( nicely stated in part II of Carnage's thread ), and we're going to try to fix them - even if it requires us to make a new melee system. This 'new system' will NOT be a sugar coated 1.1 melee system like most of you vets want. If you want it that bad create your own little mod in 24 hours that allows you to wack players across the level, i'll even donate some code.

MysticUub said:
well..to counter all the crap about how the team made it the way they want...if that was the case..and they didnt wanna make it for other ppl to play and be happy about the game..then y the hell release it at all?...it doesnt make sense to make something...release it to the public...then when its not liked be like..well its the way -I- want it so u can just go to hell....show me the sense in that...
We're not a bunch of self-centered bastards -_- We create the game the way we want it while using various fan suggestions. If I'm going to make a game for free and NOT be able to implement what I want, that would piss me off -_-

Hybrid said:
So making a game that they can enjoy gives them nothing in return? Gaining skills in making games that they could use for a future job gives them nothing in return?
After working on this game for hundreds of hours without any type of pay, all we get is self satisfaction (which is below minimum wage), and yes, skill. You get skill if you practice anything, it's common sense.
If anything though, the only reason I'm still coding for ESF is because of the fans that expect us to release future versions and have come to love our game. Elsewise, I would gladly quit and move onto something new. As it stands, I dont really learn much anymore. It's like working out with 25 pound weights for acouple years. At first it's really hard and you rapidly advance. After awhile you can toss them around like fethers, it's not even a challenge. It just takes time to lift those weights 400 times a day.
Trust me, at this point in the game I'm not benifiting from working on ESF ^_^

MysticUub said:
like i said b4...if the team wants it the way -they- want it...without ppl trying to change it because they dont like it...then they shouldnt release it at all..
If you have a problem with the game, no one is forcing you to stay around. I already stated that we constantly use the fans suggestions, and take their opinions into account. We ultimatly choose how the game will be designed, but through that process the fans have a large effect.

Hwoarang said:
This game is still in the BETA stages, things are going to change.
Nicely put Hwoarang :)

Best answers
This game will be in BETA for a long time to come, so if you all think you cant wait no one is asking you to stay. We are however asking you not to flame the game or any of the staff that works on the game.

Remember this and ALWAYS remember this..They do not get paid to make this game for you, they try hard to do their best to make ESF what it is today.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing's wrong with 1.2 for me. My days of ownage are long passed, so now it's me getting the beating ='(. When I did play 1.2, it was fun. The thing that I thought was the most successful part was: It didn't feel like I had to do the same thing over and over again. Teleport teleport, left click, hold right, swoop around opponent, rinse and repeat. It felt like I had more freedom and wasn't as restricted to doing my one way fits all technique.

I could choose advanced or simple, and I whored the advanced just because I thought it was so neat look'n. Overall, I'd say esf deserves 9/10 for all the work they've done. K, back to troll'n.

Best answers
i liked 1.0...with the ping determened head ons....that gave new people the encourgment to use more creative strats cause noone likes randomness...its boring

Best answers
You know, all of these threads remind me of MMORPGs. the team add content. the some die hard fans consider part of the content as nerfs. they explode inraged and put a little piece of their mind in the forums. the team ignore it because of the way they say it, while calm gamers slowly point out the new contents faults. the team consider the suggestions and fix the game.

what im trying to say is. if you dont like what they did to the system. make a list of what is wrong with it and nicely point out what is wrong with it and make some suggestions on how you think it should be fixed. and you'll see that the team might actually take your suggestions into consideration.

So enough with these 1.1> 1.2 threads and suggest on how to improve the game insted. and like someone said already (sorry forgot your name) the game is still in beta and by no means it is the final thing.

Best answers
Chitenga said:
...if you dont like what they did to the system. make a list of what is wrong with it and nicely point out what is wrong with it and make some suggestions on how you think it should be fixed. and you'll see that the team might actually take your suggestions into consideration.
thats been done by several ppl...myself and carnage included...but all we get in return from ppl..(excluding the team cause they dont post very often) mods included...is a "stfu the game is leetzor" attitude...there are a few ppl on these forums that like the suggestions...but the ones that like to go "OMG THIS VERSION IS THE BOMB SHIZZLE!!!" without even really playing it for an extended period of time make it not even worth trying to suggest something because they post in the suggestions...start a flame war/arguement and the thread gets closed without anyone even looking at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom