new kid buu

Best answers
DBZhell said:
ok i remade my kidbuu for you and made less detailed.... is it ok now.... isnt he "ickeh" now.... ? i think it is perfect...
Drop the attitude, it's not helping you in any way.. If you can't handle crits, don't post at all.. Unless it's really godly, but this is far from godly..

You haven't fixed anything we mentioned.. Shoulders are still way too high, arms are way too undetailed, polyflow is horrible, smoothing is horrible, the hands are all wrong compared to the original DBZ design, the back of the head is still too big and connects to the neck way too low, ears are wrong and don't match the original ears..

Still a long way to go..

Best answers
Kimfu said:
Drop the attitude, it's not helping you in any way.. If you can't handle crits, don't post at all.. Unless it's really godly, but this is far from godly..

You haven't fixed anything we mentioned.. Shoulders are still way too high, arms are way too undetailed, polyflow is horrible, smoothing is horrible, the hands are all wrong compared to the original DBZ design, the back of the head is still too big and connects to the neck way too low, ears are wrong and don't match the original ears..

Still a long way to go..
i can handle the crits when they ARENT STUPID.... like " why did you model that much details.... it looks ugly with details...." i didnt know what to answer so i showed him a model without details.... anyways i've seen here some models which(in my opinion) arent better then mine but still they werent critisised as bad as mine... i know that model has to be improved much but you dont need to say that it is ugly very bad and so on....
BTW have you seen the back of growler's model's head... it is even biger than mine but still noone told him that.... (i compared with my model) and how should i model when one guy says that it is too detailed and other says that it is not detailed....
then i realised that you hate not my model but me... thats what i think... thats my opinion... there is no point to show updates any more cause what ever it will look like it will be bad for some of you....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds to me like he has noticed that there are wasted polys in certain areas. Because HL has poly-limits for models. You don't need to give a wise-ass remark, the guy doesn't have to try and help you.

And secondly, if this is (obviously) just an attempt to out-do Growler's Buu, then just quit. This isn't some pride-race/competition or stupid crap like that. Keep it up and nobody's going to want to help you. You're biting the hand that feeds you.

Axeman, sorry for jumping to conclusions, I see what's been going on now.

Best answers
J-Dude said:
It sounds to me like he has noticed that there are wasted polys in certain areas. Because HL has poly-limits for models. You don't need to give a wise-ass remark, the guy doesn't have to try and help you.

And secondly, if this is (obviously) just an attempt to out-do Growler's Buu, then just quit. This isn't some pride-race/competition or stupid crap like that. Keep it up and nobody's going to want to help you. You're biting the hand that feeds you.

Axeman, sorry for jumping to conclusions, I see what's been going on now.
you dont see it from my side.... i have nothing against crits... but what do you think i should do when some people thinks that it is horrible... i cant create models that everybody like....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then you obviously do have a problem taking criticism.

firstly, the reason people have been (mildly i should add) hostile toward you, is because of your attitude. once that changes, you might find people being a bit more hospitible toward you.

secondly, the key to taking criticism, is to realise that the model will always look bad to someone, so you take everyones criticisms, find the most common flaws which are pointed out, and adjust those. dont take any criticisms personally, because they arent meant that way. but when people tell you to adjust your attitude, then you should listen.

lets all try to focus on the model now, and not dbzhell. thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had these same problems with my model when I first started it~ I made a drawover of the lateral view - Should help some

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
then you obviously do have a problem taking criticism.

firstly, the reason people have been (mildly i should add) hostile toward you, is because of your attitude. once that changes, you might find people being a bit more hospitible toward you.

secondly, the key to taking criticism, is to realise that the model will always look bad to someone, so you take everyones criticisms, find the most common flaws which are pointed out, and adjust those. dont take any criticisms personally, because they arent meant that way. but when people tell you to adjust your attitude, then you should listen.

lets all try to focus on the model now, and not dbzhell. thanks.
you must be right....
@growler thanks for draw over...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get rid of the smile..seriously
1. it saves polys
2. it will look unnatural..
and if u really want him to smile even when he's dead, than go ahead.. but remember you can skin that on convincingly too..

Best answers
ok i will make him with out smile.... but not because of polies....
the max of hl1 is 3000 triangles and my curent triangle count is ~2400
********EDIT
or maybe i should create animatable mouth ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DBZhell said:
ok i will make him with out smile.... but not because of polies....
the max of hl1 is 3000 triangles and my curent triangle count is ~2400
********EDIT
or maybe i should create animatable mouth ?
You should make the mouth animatable if you can, all 1.3 models are if im not mistaken. I like it so far.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd really say you need to generally lighten up Buu's skin. It looks like he's been spaaing in Cabo Mexico with that tan he's got. The pink of the chest area is fine, but you don't need to darken the skin that much. Decrease the strength of the burn tool, that should help. Personally, I think the shoes could do without the geometry of the yellow loops. It'd be easier on the polycount to just skin that on.

God skin otherwise, you just need to lighten the pink color up. Skinning the pants would be a nice addition too, but I'm pretty sure thats tough to do (I'm working on learning skinning. Have a preliminary grasp of it. I can tell the pants would be tough.)

Otherwise good work, just lighten him up! (Particularly on the head)

Discord Member
Best answers
Those pants keep bothering me.............other than that he's perfect

Best answers
The smile doesn't look like Kid Buu.
It should look like this.
But it's good model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The face and body are good. The pants are god-awful. Fix the pants and you have a winner.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The skin should be more pink, and fix the pants. Then put it on ESF-World and it's a 200/10!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZhell said:
I see what you tried to do with the pants, with HL 2 graphics that would own, but a HL engine's not gonna make that look good, try to incule less wrinkles and it will be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom