New Ipod or Zen ?

Best answers
Well, I'm gonna buy a new Mp3 player, but I'm not sure which one I want.

It comes down to either a new 30 Gb Ipod video 30 or a new Zen Vision M 30 gb Video. I've heard good things from both, and that the Zen Vision M is better in a lot of cases, but I'm looking for user preferences. If you own an Ipod Video, and prefer it then please tell me why. Or if you own a Zen Vision M and prefer it then explain why. You don't even have to own one. Just tell me what you've either experienced or your friends have experienced. Anything that helps.

Btw I would've made a poll, but i couldn't figure out how..lewl..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I believe that Ipods are overrated pieces of junk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard that Creative makes good mp3 players.

And anything you can do to spite Apple is good by me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would get a zen over and Ipod any day, some reviews bost that it also has better audio quality then a Ipod too. You also get a radio tuner on most zen players, something you don't get on a Ipod. Plus I don't have to go through itunes to add stuff to the player, I can just use windows explorer to put whatever I want on it as most other mp3 players work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would get a zen over and Ipod any day, some reviews bost that it also has better audio quality then a Ipod too. You also get a radio tuner on most zen players, something you don't get on a Ipod. Plus I don't have to go through itunes to add stuff to the player, I can just use windows explorer to put whatever I want on it as most other mp3 players work.
Sony also likes to force people to use their program. A horribly ****ty program at that. Back to getting a Zen, yeah, that would be a smart choice.

Best answers
I've had plenty of Creative players, and they've all broken... had my iPod for a year now, no problems at all. And I would take iTunes over dragging and dropping files anyday of the week.

Personal opinion I guess.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol Scruff, I'm exactly the opposite.

I hate iTunes. It's a laggy piece of ****. I want to just be able to open up my MP3 player like it's a drive, drag and drop the **** on it, and be done with it. I don't want to have to install some retarded program, when it can be so much easier.

I also heard that Video iPods use like, some Apple-proprietary format for their videos. If you want to play your **** on it, you have to do some sick converting or whatnot. But Creative players support DivX and ****. Much better, IMO.

I've had a 3rd-gen iPod for years now, and it works fine. But after this, I'm getting a Creative Zen M Video with 60 gb, for sure. o/

iPods aren't bad, but as far as functionality goes, you're better off with a Zen, IMO.

Remember, you're only paying so much for an iPod because of the brand and the shiny white plastic.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic, if your comment was directed at me, then my reply was basically a shortened version of Shiyojins. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
iRiver mp3 players work pretty well aslo, but out of the two, I would prefer getting Zen.

Best answers
I I can just use windows explorer to put whatever I want on it as most other mp3 players work.
My brother has a 20gb Zen(those white ones),and as far as i know,you also have to use a program (called Creative Mediasource organizer) to put music on it.Besides that Creative's Zen series are really good .Perhaps you could wait awhile and buy a Zune when it comes out,it is also 30gb and is supposed to be cheaper then an Ipod or a Zen(around 250 dollars iirc)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zen + Windows Media Player sync function is a perfect combination imo, although it comes with Creative software if you don't like WMP.

Zen all the way. I've had mine for two years with no problems.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brother has a 20gb Zen(those white ones),and as far as i know,you also have to use a program (called Creative Mediasource organizer) to put music on it.Besides that Creative's Zen series are really good .Perhaps you could wait awhile and buy a Zune when it comes out,it is also 30gb and is supposed to be cheaper then an Ipod or a Zen(around 250 dollars iirc)
Yes, I have seen this but a few models don't need this. If I remember correctly, the program you describe is merely a windows explorer shell, and with a few tweaks here and there you can use a zen without it.

Then again you can get firmware mods for ipods that make them act like normal mp3 players too.

Best answers

I also heard that Video iPods use like, some Apple-proprietary format for their videos. If you want to play your **** on it, you have to do some sick converting or whatnot. But Creative players support DivX and ****.
You heard wrong then, since I own a Video iPod and have never had to convert my videos, except from .avi.

I dunno, most of the time people who say Apple stuff is **** just seem like they're attacking the brand and not the product. I've never experienced iTunes lagging or whatever, or had any problems putting music on my iPod. I guess as someone who loves the whole iTunes/iPod thing it's hard for me to understand why using it is so much of a problem when I find it miles better than having to use WMP or just dragging and dropping.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the Zen range are compatible with mediaplayer, winamp, and of course, their own software. ipods are only reported to work with itunes and quicktime. getting movies to work on ipods is a pain in the ass, where the creative is much easier.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a Creative Zen Touch 20gb player, in a little over a year, the touch-pad lost functionality all together. My sister, roommate, and girlfriend all had Creative Zen Micros, all lost functionality to their touch-screen.

I'm still rocking a first-gen nano, and I've yet to have a single problem.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love my Ipod. I had the 20 gig one for about two years, but about a week or two ago it just decided to stop working. My warranty expired by this time so I got the 30 gig video ipod. Truth be told, I love it and I don't even like Apple that much. Itunes is easy to use. My only complaint is that my 30 gig video ipod is a little slow navigating through the menu and such, though I'm thinking that's because I filled it to the point where there's like 40 mb's left.

I've never had a Zen, but I've never wanted one, i'm perfectly happy with my Ipod.

Best answers
I own a 60GB iPod Video, no problems what so ever, iTunes doesn't lag on my 5 year old PC, the iTunes synchronising just roxors my boxors and that of WMP, video on the iPod is awesome and great quality, true, it takes a while (bout an hour for a 700mb .avi movie). I know some people with Zen's, and most of them (not all) have problems with it (mostly battery problems).

And unlike popular believe, you can drop and drag songs on your ipod, all you need is a 45kb .exe file on your iPod (perfectly legal) et voila, you can drag and drop from HD to iPod and vice versa.

+ All Apple products have a slick design, unlike the bulky block design of Zen or even the future Zune.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when the battery dies on an ipod you have to buy a new one. ipod that is,

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you call apple and they replace it. Two of my friends did that and it worked no problem.

Besides, the battery won't die anytime soon, atleast from my experince. My old Ipod I had for two years and I used it for atleast 2 hours every day. It never had any problems witht he battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom