New feature added: Weekly 5% decrease of #1 high-scores.

Should I remove this feature or decrease the %?

• Keep it, but decrease the %. Maybe also change to once a month?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
To make the arcade more challenging and fun for others, I've set up an automated system that'll decrease the high-score of the person that is on #1 of the game by 5%. It'll be done weekly, on a Monday. I know that the idea is to beat people's high-scores (as I've been pointed out). But it beats the fun if a high-score cannot be beaten.

It's only a 5% decrease weekly, I highly doubt you'll suffocate or die instantly because of that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've created a poll.. I'll let you guys decide if this is a wanted feature by the community.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't play the Arcade, but this is an absolutely terrible rule that should be abolished immediately. Who wants to work hard for something if they know that their victory is A) Not a real victory but an artificially created one, and B) Will soon be forgotten in the test of time. If you have the #1 score, you should actually be number 1.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't play the Arcade, but this is an absolutely terrible rule that should be abolished immediately. Who wants to work hard for something if they know that their victory is A) Not a real victory but an artificially created one, and B) Will soon be forgotten in the test of time.
Actually, it would be victory nonetheless but over time will decrease in value. For some people it is really hard to beat a high-score and the person stays on top, no matter what. With the decrease of high-scores weekly, it gives other the chance to beat the high-score as well. But like I said, I created a poll.. If no one wants it, I'll remove it. It's that simple.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By "some people" I think Skyrider means himself.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky, you need to put my game of Pong on this ****. I know that this isn't technically possible, but figure out how to make it happen.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sky, you need to put my game of Pong on this ****
Not that simple Sub. It needs to be compatible with the high-score submissions of the Arcade.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it compatible, Sky. I have faith in you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still waiting for the Arcade to include Quake 3 multiplayer.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, Quake 3 multiplayer needs to be added as well. But priorities, my game first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I concur, your game (though I have yet to play it) has priority.

Discord Member
Best answers
kinda takes the purpose out of arcade games .... if u have a high score u should b able to stick to it ... not have it decreased ><

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't done anything with the arcade (nor do I plan to), but I don't like the idea of having high scores being decreased every week. You don't see high scores in actual arcades decreasing weekly by 5%, so why do it on an online arcade? I just don't see the point in it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured it was like an anime, but for true men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom