New ESF bot option

Best answers
ok well heres my idea, well for one option on the bot we could set it up so it plays like us and we can test and see how vulnerable we are when we play on servers. But it would be set up like this, it would be added to the list of options on the bot when you want to add one, then it asks a series of questions like scenario's and what would you do in the case. EXAMPLE: If a beam is coming at you do you
A) teleport away
B) attempt to charge and fire your own
C) block
D) take the blow

And using the series of questions it could help modify the bot to think like we do in gameplay and we can try to catch our vulnerable areas of gameplay and also test ourselves against ourselves lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a bot does not hesitate, and it has autoaim.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that whole question idea is ok, but Humans also have spontaneous reactions, which you can't really predict. When you answer questions like that, you have all day to think about them. Plus You'll probably get a different reaction from you seeing a beam being shot at you then turning around and having 2 seconds to do something to get out of the way.

Best answers
I think it's a great idea. Since you watch yourself play all day, I think you would know what you tend to do when a beam comes towards you. Customising bots in this manner would be very cool, and fun to play with. It might also let you customise bots so that they might act more like DBZ characters. Thumbs up.

Best answers
Pain said:
and it has autoaim.
yes it does doesn't it? lol thats why these options customizes it and maybe at the end it could say "do you want autoaim on?" and we choose yes or no and if they have to have it then if u choose no it takes the bots skill level down to hardly hit ya so even with auto aim it would still miss or sumthing

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Very nice idea, although i think it wont turn out exactly how you imagine it...it will still be better than the current bots. And plus, it would be fun to take a quiz about my playing style, haha.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This would be for the bots? So it would ask you these questions in-game?
It sounds like a nice little Internet quiz, or something like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, not only that, you would need to do more than answer a few questions to fully program a bot. Even if it were based on questions only, there would need to be a question for every specific situation. Adding the whole spontaneous idea into effect, they wouldn't turn out that well. The bots right now are a good way to learn how to avoid HOW's, and you can always change the percentage that they use beams or melee.

Congrats on your thousand'th post DragonDude.

Best answers
Besides that phatslugga, I think it would be very confusing to customize all this in game. The player would probably get lost.
If so, ESF should have a bot customization page in the server options session. Too much unecessary work, if even possible.
And we just can't forget about the new melee system. We don't know how it works, and how it would affect the bots.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont think many people would like to take a quiz when they add a bot :p.

Anyway wouldnt a large config file where you can specify the bot reactions a better idea ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think u can really do bots like that

not to mention if u did it would be so complex and hard to code that no one would want to do it

Best answers
why do u think it would be a quiz? lol it would ask not to many questions, just enough to give it human like actions instead of always acting like abot

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's have 'em call us h4x0rz when we beat 'em into the dirt too, lol.
If it was just 2 or 3 questions, I might do it once in awhile, but not if it was more than that.
The more human-like you wanted to make it, the more questions you would have to ask.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
Let's have 'em call us h4x0rz when we beat 'em into the dirt too, lol.
If it was just 2 or 3 questions, I might do it once in awhile, but not if it was more than that.
The more human-like you wanted to make it, the more questions you would have to ask.
lmao yea that would be a funny phrase for them to say. any way i was thinking along the lines of about 10, dodging question, how would that deflect their beams in a hurry, stuff like that, to at least give it a more life like feeling

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, You think that it's that easy to do? Well, i personally don't know, but common sense tells me that making a "quiz" that configures your bot would be extremely hard, and to make it work smoothly, probably even harder. Like i said before, there would have to be hundreds of questions, one for each possible situation that differs from the next. That's fine if you'd like to sit around all day answering questions like

"How would you react to someone charging up a beam?"

"How would you react to someone firing a beam at you?"

"How would you react if you deflected the Beam?"

"How would you react if you teleported away?"

"How would you racti if it hit you and didn't kill you?"

"How would you react if it DID kill you?"

Get the point?

The way that you configure them now is fine.

Best answers
would a mod please just close this? noone seems to get my point -_-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
closed upon request.

I'm sure the bot's coder will attempt to make the bots as advanced and as complex as he can, but a human can only do so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom