New DBZ Game License

Vassago

V
We (my work) could possibly be getting a game license for doing a DBZ through Infogrames. They said that if we present them with a solid design doc we could get it. It's because of this that I'm posting here. You guys are the fans, the hardcore gamers who love DBZ.
I want and need all of you input on this. Give me all your ideas on anything and everything you'd like to see in a DBZ game. I'm going for something along the lines of ESF style, with RPG elements, but let me know if that idea stinks or not. In any case, please make sure your responses are organized and neat, listing the specifics of your ideas.
I just want to pitch a good idea to Infogrames, and I want to make sure that it's going to be something the public LIKES as opposed to another "Final Bout". Personally, my favorite DBZ was DBZ: Legends for PS. Now write away! :D

TonyMontana

T
Well make sure it has an online option kind of like ESF, so people can play. RPG would be cool, but they already made one for GBA. But I would really like to see an RPG.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A single player Mode following the sagas... (maybe u can make the 1st game, the 1st saga etc..)

and...

Melee

being able to punch ppl back into a rock or the floor etc
maybe bullet time for single player, like max payne, with the time limit on bullet time

:D

Beams

More of them... bigger, flashyer

Charatars

more of them again..

Teleport

like you have now, but maybe being able to locking on to someone then do a "teleport punch" (teleport at them and give them a sharp punch in nutz...or face)

all the ssj lvls (but not ssj4....thats just silly)

....dare i say it... F-u-s-i-o-n-s... (maybe it can work..some how)

a good fmv intro :p

Taunts

Buu (hes cool)

compatable with D3d, openGL, AND 3dfx (so it works for everyone!!!)

and software mode...

and last but not least...

a cool soundtrack:D

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with the single player following the saga's dont make it so you can only be goku cuz that would suck badly

and most of akuma's ideas :D
actually maybe all of them
i like em o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:D thanks

what i think about playing as different people would be cool, kind hard to do MAybe but cool

e.g.

(Namak/Freaza saga)

Goku, u train alot then go on to the plant and beat the heck out of Ginu forse etc, or play as Vegeta and try to get the dragon balls :>

Vassago

V
First off, this won't be developed by the ESF team, but by the company I work for, Magic Lantern Playware (if we get the liscense).

By RPG elements I'm talking about being able to gain experience points, up your levels, learn new abilities, etc.

The single player mode will defineatly be a saga-oriented scheme, with the ability to play as whomever you want according to the story (eg. in raditz saga you can play as Goku, Piccolo or Gohan).

Beams will of course be bigger, badder and better than they are in any mod out there. Melee will be a crucial part of the game as well, with lockups, combos and meteor smashes. The engine our coder is developing also has destructable terrain, and can handle maps with upwards of 25,000 polygons (trust me, thats plenty). On top of that, the maps can have a practically unlimited number of trees, houses, bridges, etc - all destructable.

As far as sound goes, we have a very talented individual who used to work for Voilition (Red Faction), and did all the music/soundFX and most of the male voice acting in Decent: Freespace.

Fusions would be difficult yet again, but It's something that I personally would fight to try out. Taunts would also be in - it just wouldn't be DBZ without Vegeta rambling his mouth every 2 seconds ;)

Not sure about the bullet time thing, although I'm sure we could work something out for that. If you powerlevel is substancially higher than your oppenent (such as goku vs recoom) you can move much faster, so I'm sure that a bullet-time-esque feature could be worked in somehow.

Thanks for you suggestions so far guys - keep them coming! If we get the license I want to make this something you guys will ENJOY playing!

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you should make it that when u start u pick a character and play from his point of view. you could start with goku then when gohan is born you could play as him and so on. but if u switch u play it from their perspective. (ie. if u switch to gohan u get caught by eraditz and have to get ur PL up when goku and piccolo come to escape.) if you dont understand me please say so and i will fix it.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I have an even better idea.

All of the gameplay concepts you guys came up are probably fine and dandy...

But...
The best thing that could be done for a DBZ, in my opinion...

is to NOT TOUCH THE SAIYA-JIN OR NAMEK/FURIZA SAGAS AT ALL!
This part of the series has been done to DEATH...I'm achingly tired of it.

Give me a game with some Android and Cell action!
I want a single-player game with a playable Cell!
I want something different from everything else that has been pumped out!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with the Chimpmeister on this one. The Saiyan/Namek saga is in the process of being re-done to death. Look at Infogrames current line up. Look at what episodes are currently airing on Cartoon Network. The kids will be looking for Buu, Gotenks, Majin Vegeta . . . not Radditz, again. I would love to play an RPG based on the later series. Focus on what you can sell to who. If you want to be competetive, offer something that isn't being done elsewhere. :)

All the other Ideas here are sound.

And for my own suggestion . . .

Create-a-Z-Warrior mode. Similar to the Create-a-wrestler on the console WWF games. With the PC's endless customization options this would make this game one to remember.

Leave options to create all the Z warriors and allow them to customize attacks within reason. Beams, balls, slicing, peircing :D

*Wipes off drool*

You see where I'm going. :p

Best answers
ok i have an idea that i never have seen in a dbz game so make sure u tell them that in the game u can turn into a ssj not just select a chrarecter like in vs mode that when u get so many kills that u go ssj that would be a cool addition to infogamers

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Holy crap cakes, Batman!
The time may finally have come!

The game that I've always wanted.....it could be on the horizon..

I've always wanted an online rpg-esqe game with a create-a-player mode..

I had the game all planned out in my noggin..I think it woulda rocked...

Maybe it's time has come

I can only hope!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all the ideas said so far would rock but one im surpized that hasnt been said...

Destructable landscape!!!!!!

screw just blowing up trees and houses... BLOW IT ALL AWAY!!! :devil:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
all the ideas said so far would rock but one im surpized that hasnt been said...

Destructable landscape!!!!!!

screw just blowing up trees and houses... BLOW IT ALL AWAY!!! :devil:
Twit! :)p) Read Vassago's post, again. Carefully this time ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read it... it says

On top of that, the maps can have a practically unlimited number of trees, houses, bridges, etc - all destructable.

it doesnt say the ground is destructable... just the houses and trees and stuff... :p

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure u'll have a lot of freedom and a lot of choices to be made, not just by saying yer or no, but also by actions. give it different endings etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doh...

/me smacks self... :p

and also u should be able to go any where u want at any time... so if u dont feal like going to namek to revive piccolo u dont have too.. u could go terrorize a city or go beat up some animals

Retired
Best answers
dunno if this was mentioned...but make it something like Final Fantasy...the battles and all. make someoen go SSJ in battle as limit. and later on he can just summon the SSJ at will. and the limit will then be SSJ2 or something :) that would be cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool judge is back :D

but u should be able to ssj when ever.. not just in battle.. cause thats the way it is in the show...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom