New DBZ Game License

Best answers
Well killing animals isent a good idea, But WTF, i dont care.............

BTW i just updated ma' site, not a great update, put its a update......new adresse and all......

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are going to make this game stick to the shows mythology, it would be a price payed in ki or stamina to be SSJ. So if Hibiki want's to be SSJ during conversations, it'll cost him dearly when he faces the boss ;)

Vassago

V
*sigh

Your guy's ideas are good.....but a lot of you just aren't reading carefully enough :p

This would not be an RPG. I said it would have some RPG-esque elements. DMZ's level and experience system is RPG-esque. The company I work for only consists of 3 artists, a sound musician, one programmer and a game designer. You guys are thinking ona grand scale, like you want a MMORPG or something. Thats not going to happen with the staff we have, and defineatly not in the time frame infogrames wants the product in. We would probably get a 10-12 months max to make the game, so keep that in mind.

If any of you guys have played DBZ: Legends, thats the kind of game I'd like to make, but in 3d, and much better. Free roaming movement, no cheesy "beam" cutscenes, and non-linear play.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
That's pretty much what I wanted, though.

An MMORPG would be great..
but a better version of Legends would still be extremely fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one thing that would be good would be a battle thing like in legends where u can fight anyone with anyone...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, have it like Legend only that u could actually have control over ure transformations during battle!! Also, be able to shoot more beams instead of just those little ki balls!!

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even have the abbility to transform in conservations, just to have the freedom

Vassago

V
Oh yea of course I'd have it like that ;)

There wouldn't be any cheesy cutscenes for each and every ki-attack, you would have full real-time control over them. You'd also be able to go SSJ or transform freely (at cost of ki, etc) whenever you wanted (granted that your PL is high enough to do so).

So my idea is to either do a Legends type game in 3d, or do a game similar to ESF in it's gameplay (3rd person free roam, etc).

What I want to know is, which would you guys prefer, and what gameplay-specific things you would personally like to see in something like that?

Remember, we want to make a DBZ game that the fans will actually LIKE tp play, not some cheesy Final Bout crap ass title.

Best answers
well think about this if this games is for ps2 and the online for ps2 will be perfected when your game might be out you could do something with the two which would be so cool

Vassago

V
The game we would be making would be aimed at PC and possibly Xbox. The PS2 is a skank machine :]

It only has 2.5MB of video ram for gods sake....:cry:

Best answers
heh woulds love to see a dbz mmropg. but anyway have the system like when you get poped up for battles make it more freedom of movement. what i mean is something like the game grandia 2. not turn based like ff10 because that is not a dbz game. or...

do something diffrent. like esf style. make it where it is a rpg. then when you battle. you go into a mode like esf and fight. make the battles look cool. and i think you got a hit right there. people want smashing in walls cool effects. the one thing i would want is how it feels. if a game feels like crap then no matter how cool it looks it is going be crap. BUT if i get pissed off at a event that happens. and having some cool music and words... I WANT LET YOU WIN *or anything like that* and going super. That would set the mood of a game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yes have it for xbox... for the fights will u be able to move all around like in umm well kinda like umm DOA3 or will it be another crappy fighting game where u can only move in a line and fly...?.. o and the ppl do just the fusions in the series (if there are even fusions) or will they be able to do it wit anybody ex. krillin goku OR gohan goku ect...?

Best answers
Here's my ideas as I can throw them together now:

For the multiplayer, I think it might be cool to do the stories that way. So you could have a scene outta the story, with different people being different roles. You could end up as Goku with everything riding on your shoulders, or get a chance to see what life is like trying to make what difference you can with Krillin's limited powers but nice variety of techniques. People might be going "aww man" but I think it'd be cool to have a chance playing a weaker char in a definate role kind of situation. Is that just me?

Ultimately thought, there should for SURE be some multiplayer mode where everyone's balanced, or at least a large group of players are. And if there's going to be an ESF-style grouping of who's-who in DBZ, perhaps play up the differences between the characters. Give each one a slightly different playing style.

And make sure there's something in there so people who haven't played DBZ can follow it!!!

Oh, and maybe have a city level where you can fly around and into skyscrapers. Blasting your way into and through actual buildings would rock! Although if your shots are 3-dimensionally large (like in ESF where they're large objects which can brush against solids and explode) I guess there'd need to be a way where you could restrict Kamehameha's so they wouldn't blow up on the ceiling & floor.

... well it's late, maybe give those ideas some thought.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I say do it ESF style! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
if it is going be with xbox... controlers have nothing on a keyboard and mouse style game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it ends up being on both xbox and pc, that would be sweet!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ugh we dont need microsoft to steal any more games from the rest of the planet.....

and i say make it a legends style game... cause whats the point of making it like esf? we already have one just like it... :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
who said its going to be on teh box . and they have half life for the xbox so why not esf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom