New beam type?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
In addition to Balls, and Beam type attacks, I'm proposing wave's, which are basically attack's which cause area effect damage without an explosion or knockback.

Secondary attack form of:
Kamehameha (Goku, Gohan, Cell, Krillin)
Galit Gun (Vegeta, Cell)
Masenko (Picollo, Gohan)
Mouth Blast (Buu)

Primary form of attack for:
Flamethrower? (Trunks)

I don't know if Freeza has any attacks that would be suitable for this in 1.3

Advantages:

Will not explode no matter how close you fire at a target, so you recievie no area effect damage from the explosion

The closer your target it is, the more damage that is sustained.

Somewhat less of a charge time than a normal beam, allowing for quick use in a battle where your opponent is temporarily down, and nearby.

Can damage multiple opponents if they're within the cone of effect

Can struggle with another wave (like Cell and Gohan did at the end of that saga)

Disadvantages:

Somewhat increased ki costs

Attack become's significantly weaker the farther away it gets from its user

No shockwave or explosion radius, as the attack fades when completed.

Beam attacks can be fired into the front of the wave and will not cause a struggle (damage taken by the one fireing the wave is reduced, but still potent)

damn nice stick drawings my friend :O

kudos :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea sounds really fun! But I think it should be fast, if not instant when fired. The energy would behave more like wind or water than the normally solid condensed energy blasts. Therefore, it would wash over people, causing damage.

I like the effect it makes when being struggled against. I imagine some sort of model would be used for the blast cone, and would deform and stretch the further or closer it got when struggling.

I think for balance that the beam should be weak in a struggle. A dense energy beam at the heart of this thing should force its way through with less difficulty because the cone-beam's energy is so wide and uncompressed. Otherwise it would struggle like other beams.

I also think this blast, if someone is caught in it, should cause them to decrease in overall speed while in its effect. The closer to the source, obviously, the harder it is to move. A tough opponent though, should with relative ease be capable of taking small damage and swooping through the center of the thing and basic meleeing the attacker to disable his attack. Something similar happens in "Cooler's Revenge".

As far as graphics go, it would be wise to create a pulsing, animated bitmap for it and then use cylindrical UVW mapping to animate the bitmap moving over the model for the beam cone (similar to how an in-game waterfall uses a bitmap to roll over and over and over again).

Of course, for those caught inside the blast, the bitmap should be double-sided so it looks like you're traveling through a tunnel of energy. I suggest the map have transparent parts, but also have bands or bars of fuzzy-energy (hard to explain, but you've seen how energy from a beam cascades from from the user's hand close-up and looks almost like water running out an open tap). Therefore, there should be an opacity map as well.

I hope this makes it into 1.3, it would SOOooo add to gameplay!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great idea, man. I hope it gets into 1.3. It would make the game even more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom