There is also a new hl model viewer that allows tranceparancy
but you'll have to put some dll's in your half life folder to let
the tranceparancy work ingame .
I'll see if i can find a link :]

::EDIT:: lol sin goku was faster

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it´s really good!
It´s usefull for cs or ts weapons to look at the anims.
You can also look at the skinap.
but well this doesn´t belong here right?

Best answers
I already provided all necessary links, don't bother searching (it's even in teh super-modeling-thread...)

Best answers
Here are the tranceparency dll's , just put them in your main hl folder
and overwrite the previous ones .
http://www.halflifefusion.com/download.php?e=8&r=BYID
its a french site , just click mirroir 1

ps: i just tried to make a semi-tranceparant aura , its possible to
play ingame but its not possible to have animated textures
(i think o_o )

Best answers
well, I hope i'm not thinking this is something it's not, cuz I don't need it to be semi transparent (the original aura is semi-transparent), I need the alpha channel. Alpha allow different parts of the texture to be more transparent than others (not just tranparent here, solid there), thus you can have the texture fade to whatever is behind the model. great effect, very useful for things like hair. Or Auras! :laff:

Best answers
Darksun said:
well, I hope i'm not thinking this is something it's not, cuz I don't need it to be semi transparent (the original aura is semi-transparent), I need the alpha channel. Alpha allow different parts of the texture to be more transparent than others (not just tranparent here, solid there), thus you can have the texture fade to whatever is behind the model. great effect, very useful for things like hair. Or Auras! :laff:
Thats what i ment some parts of the skin are totally tranceparant and
others are yellow just like in your picture . And it has fading :yes:
I cant model so i tried it on the original aura so i know it works :)
It will look better on your aura :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
last time i tryed, it only uses single colour alpha channels technique, so only one colour could be cut out, the addive technique should work, but we'll see ^_^

Best answers
Sano said:
Thats what i ment some parts of the skin are totally tranceparant and
others are yellow just like in your picture . And it has fading :yes:
I cant model so i tried it on the original aura so i know it works :)
It will look better on your aura :D
Well the original aura has a single color texture with no mask texture. So unless you made a texture for the alpha channels and added that to the orginal aura, there is no way to know it's working. (it would sei-transparent poly sitting over each other)

I'm gonna try with the additive approch too since I really think that people are confusing transpancy with alpha channels, but we'll see.

Best answers
Can anyone give me a link to a mdl compiler? ms3d keeps crashing on me...

Also, I have Mete Ciragan's HLMV, but it doesn't do anything to the textures. And all the links here to a HLMV are broken. help?

Best answers
Modelviewer---> http://www.milkshape3d.com/

anyways, why does milkshape keep crashing on you? Is it during the compiling process that it does this? If so, then you must have the color pallette wrong for the textures, as they all must be the same......(i forget, either 256 or 8-bit....something like that) Lemme know

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mdl compieler is only for GMax Duh yeah i had that prob too

Best answers
Best answers
IT WOOOOORKS!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D As you can see it's a bit too light. I think this is because the transparancy of the model is determined in the code. If someone would like to figure out how to fix that, let me know. Now I will be working on the model animation if I can. YEAAAAY!!! :D :D

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very nice. good luck. did you use the transparency techique everyone told u about?

Best answers
OMFG I lost all hope after I saw your "FAIL" post ... this is gonna be soo awsome man :D

Best answers
For yellow colour: I suggest dublicating the aura (it's low#poly anyway...), assign a completely yellow texture to it and set it to additive. You get the detail of this layer and the colour of the other.

Best answers
I used the additive technique.. you don't even need the dlls!

For yellow colour: I suggest dublicating the aura (it's low#poly anyway...), assign a completely yellow texture to it and set it to additive. You get the detail of this layer and the colour of the other.
mmm... you also get the blockyness of the yellow model, I don't think that will be worth it.. besides.. I can just make this model yellow additve instead of white!

Best answers
Lol so u used a white additived bitmap? ROFL I thought the white was a side effect of the transparency. LOL! Well then just go ahead and use a yellow one... didn't know it was white... LMAO... (Sry, I'm a little tuned ^^)

And as you don't need the dlls, I suppose you got DoD 1.0 installed... these dlls come with DoD... (Check ya mail ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom