Neji [WIP] 2

Best answers
it looks perfect to me!
nis those bykuagen eyes... but these are a bit big.

Best answers
Could you post a wireframe pic?

And, the model is "decent"

The skin is, to be honest, horrible. Looks like a job in Mspaint.

Also, the mid-stomach is too skinny, fatten it out a bit, but not too much.

For side view, all the characters in naruto slouch, they're incredibly lazy like that so the effect must be thrown into the model.

On his jacket, put a little more effort into it, instead of grabbing cylinders and cutting them in half and placing them there, because thats what it looks like.

The arms needs to be toned a little better, From the end of the shoulder it looks like the arms are melting off, try not getting them too round or it will look like a cylinder catastrophe.

Since theres know pure side view, I'm just gonna assume that the back of the hair extends abit outward, more then it should. I suggest you tone it down, round it down a little. Also, the hair needs to be longer, and at the end needs to end in a nice small pony tail (For better reference of the hair in the back, refer to Naruto Manga Chapter 100, page 6)

For the face(skin wise), the eyebrows shouldn't be that thick, this isn't dbz where they have normal eyebrows, in Naruto, they're pretty thin.

And, for his back, you missed the straps on his coat(refer to Naruto Manga Chapter 100, page 18)

Now, for the last bit. For the ammount of polies you are using, I'd advise you to make good use of them, giving each poly a purpose, not just wasting them.
For the entire model, a skilled modeler could get a better effect with far less polies, try and tone it down and sharpen the model up.

For anyone who cares, I'm only posting this because 90% of you make me sick with your brown nosing bull**** "OMG TAHT SI TEH GRETEST MODL EVAR, HATZ OFF TO U!!!11" If you aren't going to post in an Editting forum constructive criticism(or none at all...) then don't post at all.

Best answers
Woah. You posted pretty much exactly what I was going to say (bar the last paragraph, I've said that way too much -_-).

You really do need to work on the face, it doesn't look much like Neji at all. Infact on that last shot the shape of the face looks more like Chouji :x

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
hl2 has a singler player poly limit of 6000, for multi it is a recommended 4000 for low end comp.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you dont comprehend. XSI can NOT compile HL2 models over 4000 polies, get it through your head. Multiplayer or not, the program gives an error even if its a 4001 polygon model.

Best answers
Chris is right, XSP EXP can only compile models upto 4000 polys. Halflife 2 CAN handle atleast twice that, but that's all that Softimage are letting you use.

Best answers
then agian a good modeller can do alot with 4000 polies, or you can try normal mapping which iam pretty sure half-life 2 supports

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I havn't actually seen the show Naruto, but judging by where the shoulders are, is his neck supposed to be that long?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes,

Here is an update, I added some texture to the shirt.

Btw, These skin's are not final, I am just testing different styles on it. I will post it when I have the complete skin.

Best answers
make the arms thicker.
give the face some decent burns and other light ****.
make the thingy around the neck thinner.
and its byakugan not byukagen.
and the lines in the face are to thick, unless its suppose to be a cell shading attempt.

Best answers
Ne0Tek, do take my critique into consideration, it will greatly improve your model. Especially the Torso and arms, thats where the major problems lie.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Read what I post.

Like I said it's not final, the model is FINE, the skin is still WIP. Can a mod please close this if anyone want's to see the final model they can check it out on the STS forums. Please close this.

Best answers
Sigh, I did read your post. It only says the skin, I didn't mention anything about the skin, personally, I still think it was done in Mspaint.

And the model isn't "fine" its a WIP and still requires alot of work.
And if you can't handle honest critique, don't post on message boards

Best answers
Hellx said:
Sigh, I did read your post. It only says the skin, I didn't mention anything about the skin, personally, I still think it was done in Mspaint.

And the model isn't "fine" its a WIP and still requires alot of work.
And if you can't handle honest critique, don't post on message boards
its his model, he can do whatever the hell he wants to it, i dont think he was asking for critiques anyways

Best answers
...So basically he's flashing his "Neji" model around on 5+ message boards just because he thinks he did a good job? It would have been ok if it was near to perfection as a model could be. But this is no where near the mark, and strays close to the lines of someone who is quite clueless on what he is doing.

The whole point of an editting forum is to get critique, in attempts to make the model far better then its present state. If he's not doing that, is he just going around saying "Hey, I made a model and it "r0x0rz j00" " ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've heard of pimping, but this model is lacking the skills. looks like a pillow is on his neck. arms too skiny. if you fix those things, then id say thumbs up. probably

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this would be a good orochimaru, based on how long the NECK is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom