Negative ki bar

Should ki be able to go to negative? (read before voting)

• Excellent/Fantastic/Cool/Wonderful/ idea and should be in for sure soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good/ nice idea that should be in sometime in the future.

• Average/ Ok that maybe should be put in.

• Bad/ Dumb idea that should not be put in.

• Crap/ Stupid/ Thrash idea that should never be put in.

• Total voters
Best answers
Hi I'm new to the forum but not at the game. This sounds like a great idea. Maybe they can make some sort of finishing move. You can lock on a paralyzed guy and only a paralyzed guy, then you perform your attack. I'm thinking like trunks swoops towards him, kicks him up, slices him into pieces. Well he doesn't have to looked sliced up because that may take too much work.

Best answers
I think Vegeta's final shine thing would be fine too, if they had a major warning. Say, for instance, a flash of red for a split second to get everyones attention, then tons of rocks and smoke swirling around, some mini fading explosions come off him, then boom. I also think this attack should only be used when your in negative, otherwise it could be exploited at any time. This way, perhaps everyone could have a desperation-negative attack they coud only use ONCE.(Vegeta, natually once) But perhaps full regen for Cell if he loses a PS in the negative, or other special attacks.

Best answers
I dont know about this losing health bit.. although it is a better implementation of the pushing yourself to the limits ideas that we've had for so very long on the forums. What about if when you run out of Ki, you PL starts dropping like when you have <10 health, and this is the extra ki you push into your attacks? So the pro is: more ki for your attack/PS, con is: if you lose, you have lowered your power level.

I don't like getting knocked out ideas... it's like you are left helpless and nothing will get you back. Althouh it is controllable with this idea. It has its good and bad points. I think it might be ok.

And just read the rest of the posts, yes it would be good for desperation moves too, which is a good benefit. It would be good to implement such moves because they were quite memorable from the cartoons. I'm sure each character could have some sort of move made for them which resembles their "almost dead" state. So I think this idea is OK.

Best answers
Originally posted by Farago
[Read everything and be honest before voting or posting]

I think your ki bar should be able to go to negative. When your ki bar is at negative, you become weak.
Last time I checked you died when your ki reached zero... So its not like you can be in debt for energy...

Best answers
knocked out thing is easy - can't get up in-game if you have no ki... the rest is only moderate in difficulty, very possible, some not likely, but negative ki doesn't sound realistic, perhaps just when you are very low on ki.

Best answers
Originally posted by KrazyKarl
Last time I checked you died when your ki reached zero... So its not like you can be in debt for energy...

I thought this too since I saw the Beta 1.1 final outline when it was released. and I instantly thought "well I won't be playing ESF anymore". But it doesn't seem to do it. Unless they mean something else?

Negative ki system may require a lot of code re-writing come to think of it. But then again, I don't know how to code in HL and dont know how they have structured the game, so maybe it wouldn't on the other hand.

Best answers
Nice idea man! Would be very realistic and would make the whole gameplay much more dynamic.

Originally posted by catfish
I thought this too since I saw the Beta 1.1 final outline when it was released. and I instantly thought "well I won't be playing ESF anymore". But it doesn't seem to do it. Unless they mean something else?
They do mean something else. You know, if you have about three hp, your pl starts to go down. If the ki-maximum is zero, THEN you die in beta 1.1. It took me some time to find out myself ;)

Best answers
Let me just get this straight. You can only be knocked out cold when you go to negative. No one can force you to go to negative, it's your own choice. Once your knocked out cold, you can still stand up again. After awhile you get the energy to be able to crawl, and by the time your ki reaches 0, you can stand up again.

I'm not sure if it's humanly possible to go to negative in energy, but if this is the case then simply just add a lot more ki to each character. Make it like the first 1/3 or whatever of the ki bar red. Then just make it that when your ki gets to a certain number near the red part, your bar will then start to flash. And if you decide that you don't want to charge up when your ki goes down to flashing point, then you can be vulnerable to being knocked out. Just pretend the negative portion I'm talking about being the first portion of your ki bar. Like 0 - 80 being red(vulnerable to being knocked out), 81 - 200 being positve or something like that

If your just flying around and your ki goes below flashing point, then you will automatically fall down. This will prevent people to become vulnerable to being attacked by accident. If you do want to keep flying then just simply press f again. Oh yeah once your in the red portion of your ki bar, each damage inflicted on you will even lower your ki. So going in red is just a last resort.

Maybe some characters can have bigger portion of the red part.
This should maybe take the problem of being logically impossible of having negative ki. Anyone agree?

Best answers
Well I agree. But it really wouldn't matter me whether they make it negative ki bar or your first portion of your bar is red. I just like the idea of being able to get knocked down when your ki is low.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like but if no dev reads then it is pointless

Best answers
I OPOSE to this idea, imagine how long would ps`s last!
Lets take Vegeta, he charges up hes strong ki consuming attack all he wants shoots and hides.
Gohan: He could protect himself forever!!!

Best answers
i think its an alright idea, but you gotta think about it. we all a hate people that whore beams and keep nuking maps and when you melee them, they just run and blow a beam in your face. But imagin the problem, these spamers could power up a final flash, that already kills like hell, and push it beond destroying the hole map, over and over and over. shoure you could get them when they have negative ki but that wont stop them. you kill them once, but the get the hole server worth of frags. and like Yedi said, gohan could sit in his shield for hours and than what if, a vegeta shot a final flash that has been pushed over by negative ki, and shoots it into the shield, than gohan would have a shiled that could destroy the map and also have a HIGH chanse at crashing the server.

So i voted avrage because i think it sounds..... kinda kool :]

Best answers
K, I said that once your in negative, your health and pl will go down every 3 seconds. Also I think I and someone else mentioned that once your in negative it takes longer to reacharge. If Vegeta shoots a final flash that consume a lot of his negative energy, he'd be drained badly. And if he goes to his maximum negative he faints. And if he just comes close to it, he can no longer fly and walk.

So this means while your charging your beam and it's in negative you will constantly keep getting weaker. And this includes Gohan's attack. So I think you'd be a fool to use Vegeta and use this much ki. Your ass would get creamed when your charging up.

As for ps, I mentioned that you should be able to make your blast 50% stronger but drain 2x ki. Even if this wasn't done, ps won't take that long because of turbo and while your in ps and your in negative your health will go down. Also once your oppenent reaches below 10 in hp, then you'll have the advantage in so much ways.

Best answers
Farago good point, but you forgot to mention an important thing. This idea doesn't make beams already now stronger. AS YOU ALL KNOW THERE IS A SEPARATE BAR FOR EACH ATTACK. IT DOESN"TS MATTER IF YOU HAVE MORE KI THAN YOU DO NOW. YOU CAN"T PAST THAT LIMIT. Have you guys forgotten that.

Best answers
ok, ok, but you frogot one thing, what about the people that like to hide out in a gohan shield, if they could go into the negative, than they would be able to hide out in it for quite a bit of time than there would be a hole bunch more gohan shield spamers and thats no fun:\

Best answers
I was recenlty just playing. I don't really get what you mean by more gohan shield spammers. Without turbo, Gohan's shield lasts about 20 seconds. Charging up from 0 to maximum takes about 5 seconds. What I'm trying to say is, what's stopping people now from spamming or abusing the shield. Even so, would you really join a server and pick gohan just to help your teammates? You would have to keep following someone. And I acually call this teammwork. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why they put gohans shield, so he can help his teammates. This would acually make Gohan's shield more useful. He could protect those that are weak or knocked out. Anways, imagine there was a 2 on 2 battle. One of my enemies goes into negative and hides underneight his teammates shield to charge up. This would acually be an advantage. My teammate and I could power up for a very strong attack like spirit bomb, final flash, kameah torpedos etc, while gohan is losing ki every second.

This idea doesn't really change anything about gohan's shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom