negative ki bar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have an idea for the ki bar...

it would be possible to do moves that would require more ki than wut would be showed...

if you dont have enough ki to fully charge an attack, your ki bar would go into a negative color... for instance i want to charge a fully charged final flash and i have a few ki left, i would charge up my attack, then the ki bar color could change to yellow and drain slowly.. i would be able to fire the attack. however, i would stall and be too tired to do anything becuase my ki bar went into the negative ki bar.. i would be stalled and wont be able to move because i'd be "tired" and would have a tired animation playing.. i won't be able to move until my ki bar resets to normal, or equilibrium between the negative yellow ki bar and my blue ki bar

im not sure if anybody would understand what i mean.. let me try to break it down

1. it would be possible to charge attacks that would require the amount of ki available. example i have 1/4 bar of ki left and i want to charge a full final flash

2. after i would have used up the 1/4 ki bar left charging, the bar would then fill up and turn yellow. this would be the negative ki bar

3. as i continue to charge, the yellow negative ki bar would drain

4. after firing, i will not be able to move. a tired animation would happen with my character

5. i will be able to move once my ki bar resets to normal

what do you think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds good sugested and forgoten but it gives a touch of reality to the game
hope it gets in :D

Best answers
the only positive i can c in this idea is the power struggles
but even then.. constant ki will cause struggles to last too long

u cant have negative ki... unless u die str8 afta it or u r stuned for a long time
then this leaves u open do constant attacks without defending urself

i rkn its good the way it is

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that this would work out very nicely and ad some more strategy to the game. Good suggestion and I hope posts stay constructive here...

Best answers
it is a good idea! i like it.
but ESF is a very fast-paced game, so standing around doing nothing will make ppl whine about it all the day.
but with the tweaking it will be a very good idea.

Best answers
I like it... it would offer a good counter to beam spammers. Although I like to offer a slight change to your idea (graphically, to make it smoother).

How about rather than resetting the bar with a different colour when it's value becomes negative, make the bar refil. That way it doesn't flicker between full and empty at the neutral mark.

Best answers
OHHH

What if you fight with neg. ki and you get stronger (say, after you spawn you get more ki than normal)?

if not...dumb f***ing idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remember the games for SNES super boutoden? when you'd shoot a special blast and you don't have ennough ki, then u'd be unable to move because you'd be too tired

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Very nice idea. Great for power struggles, and great for those last stands against someone. :laff:

One thing that bothers me is this:
imkongkong said:
3. as i continue to charge, the yellow negative ki bar would drain
:idea: Shouldn't it be the other way around, as in the yellow bar would continue to rise and once your done charging, and attacking. It should then start draining down to 0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i meant while i keep holding primary fire, charging the attack.. if i go to the last of my ki left, and i still want to keep charging my attack, it would turn into a yellow bar that is full... as i contine to keep charging the attack it would drain.. after im done i would be immobilized, tired.. the yellow bar would then refill until filled up where it would reset to having no ki at all

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ah ok, I get where your getting at now.. Hehe. That'll work too. But then what would happen if you drain the yellow, would you die from taking away that much of your energy?

Best answers
KrazyKilla said:
Ah ok, I get where your getting at now.. Hehe. That'll work too. But then what would happen if you drain the yellow, would you die from taking away that much of your energy?
Nah..you wouldn't die from loosing a bunch of energy in DBZ..and ESF isn't using "Life Energy" in any attacks *As of yet*...so you shouldn't die....just get exhausted *Long Stationary recovering heals all energy consumption wounds..*

I really like the idea imkongkong

-perfection..

Best answers
I like this idea, but if you were charging an attack and it went into negative energy, wouldn't you stop flying and fall to the ground?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Super_vegito34 said:
I like this idea, but if you were charging an attack and it went into negative energy, wouldn't you stop flying and fall to the ground?
Well. In the show, they would still be in the air.
Big VEE said:
Nah..you wouldn't die from loosing a bunch of energy in DBZ..and ESF isn't using "Life Energy" in any attacks *As of yet*...so you shouldn't die....just get exhausted *Long Stationary recovering heals all energy consumption wounds..*

I really like the idea imkongkong

-perfection..
Well, lets say the negative ki bar is your life force energy, if you use ALL of it, you should start degrading health. 'Cause in teh show, when someone uses up all their energy + their life force energy, they either go unconsious, or die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well how about u use all the negative ki, then your health would drian until u can start generating the neg ki which then you would not lose health but only be tired and immobile.. then when u reset to regular ki u can move

Best answers
that will be a rather useful idea.
ex: i am ssj vegeta. my enemy is charging kame. i charge a FF. suddenly i ran out of ki.mostly i would die cuase i didnt fill the bar to min, so he can kame me.
and with the idea:
i would charge the FF enough to kill him instead. that sounds logical.

Best answers
i like it VERY MUCH!!! and after reading the old thread i am quite sure he team will take this subject into consideration... but i am not a member of the team so how can i know? :) i just really hope that they will... ;)

Best answers
KrazyKilla said:
Well. In the show, they would still be in the air.
Well, lets say the negative ki bar is your life force energy, if you use ALL of it, you should start degrading health. 'Cause in teh show, when someone uses up all their energy + their life force energy, they either go unconsious, or die.
Very nice...Smart thinking KrazyKilla..this *In my opinion* really helps to further balance out the equation that is "negative ki bars".

I think I "love" that little add-on..Again, nice job.

-I think things are going well here..
On to the next topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom