Need to know this

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I need to know one thing when i compile a aura , how to make it compile with multi textures (red, green , yellow ...) , cause i m doin a raising aura , and i only need this to finish it

Best answers
Darkone said:
I need to know one thing when i compile a aura , how to make it compile with multi textures (red, green , yellow ...) , cause i m doin a raising aura , and i only need this to finish it
People, help this guy :D. This aura would be so nice :)

*In times like these i'd wish i'd know something about modelling :)*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whel how about putting all the collors in just one skin ? and then just compile it :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i remember correctly you hafta decompile the modle with the sepeate mdl decompiler within milkshape (if your using milkshape) kairistos or sumthin lik ethat, then compile it that qc, i dont think the other one decompiles it properly

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I l try , right now i m getting the bugs out of it , the aura is 1000 polys right now (including backfaces) and to do the raising effect i added 28 new bones , no i m writing the QC. file , and i m planning on making A SS2 aura and ss3 , the lightning gonna be made as same tecnique as the aura just make a (make a square slap a black bg on it and add lightning and animate it :) when i m finish it l either go to F.t.p or i l release the all 3 version , but before that heh i gotto know about this multitexture thing ...

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
place this in your QC

$texturegroup skinfamilies
{
{ "blueaura.bmp" "auracolorblack1.bmp" }
{ "greenaura.bmp" "auracolorblack2.bmp" }
{ "purpleaura.bmp" "auracolorblack3.bmp" }
{ "redaura.bmp" "auracolorblack4.bmp" }
{ "yellowaura.bmp" "yellowaura.bmp" }
}

and you should be set

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt this work as well? this is what i use:

{
{ "blueaura.bmp" "blueaura.bmp" }
{ "greenaura.bmp" "greenaura.bmp" }
{ "purpleaura.bmp" "purpleaura.bmp" }
{ "redaura.bmp" "redaura.bmp" }
}

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No its not animated skins , its more than 1 skin , q3 support animated skins
OO and thx guys , but is there any difference on where to place this in the QC. ?

$modelname "C:\Documents and Settings\Darkone\Desktop\Aura\aura.mdl"
$cd "\Documents and Settings\Darkone\Desktop\Aura\"
$cdtexture "\Documents and Settings\Darkone\Desktop\Aura\"
$cliptotextures
$scale 1.0
// 0 attachments
// 0 bone controllers
// 1 hit boxes
$hbox 0 "Bip01 Spine11" -11.550000 -12.020000 -20.260000 11.710000 12.710000 19.500000
$bodygroup body
{
studio "AuraDown"
studio "AuraUp"
}
// 1 sequences
$sequence idle "idle" loop fps 25

{
{ "blueaura.bmp" "auracolorblack1.bmp" }
{ "greenaura.bmp" "auracolorblack2.bmp" }
{ "purpleaura.bmp" "auracolorblack3.bmp" }
{ "redaura.bmp" "auracolorblack4.bmp" }
}

Ok that worked , now anither question , every animator can aswere this , if i add bones to the model how do i add them to the qc.file ?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any new updates?
cant wait to see final resault...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah i gor great updates

this is a months s work , 5 failure and this suckseeded , it raises like the show , and the lightning go around like the show 2 , i remember a there was said you can make a lightning appear in ssj and disapiar in normal without coding , i fifured that out and telling ITS possible , the lightning you see are not modeled , i took squares , than uv mapeed them , did a black background and drawn lighning (that was hard) , cause ingame the black doesnt appear only other colors are , you dont see the boxes , also diced if i draw the lightning in the Yellow texture and deletete them in the White , when your normal the aquares can only locate a black spot and wont be wisable ingame but when you trans to ssj/ssj2 , the white texture will be replace by the yelloow and the lightning will find there texture and be vissable . The aura technique its self was wery hard to think off , it consist of 7 parts 3 moving , 4 not moving , in a simetrical position so they wont cut off eatch other , and in game the aura raises exactly like the show , the aura you see in the pic is made by me , but has Darksun s kin on it ( its only temporal , when i get all bugs out i l draw my own) , now i m continuing to write the qc file ,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
holy sh*t man that''s the best aura I've ever sen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*bows down* i think the student pased the teatchers level :p i think this is way bether than darksuns aura

G
I think that aura is way too big, Darksun's aura is about the size of htat bit near goku's head

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yes its big i didnt menches this is the SSj3 aura so its big , sont worry about it anyways , been doin the normal aura its smaller than the ssj3 , and going to do the SSJ2 , the diference bettwen the ssj2 and ssj3 auras is the movement of the lightning and a lil size matter ,

well heres my technique on the lightning

heres a friiza aura how it looks when it on the go F . or back ( i like this part)

here you can see how the aura raising ( damm it , dont mind the size i havent et scaled down the Non ssj aura)

the ssj2 aura ( not done et - need to have brightner lightning and a bit smaller aura )

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
heh i said a 100 times i l make it smaller , this is just 40% of what the finish job is suppose to work , thx for the site itl sure help me dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom