NEED HELP WITH DECOMPILING and COMPILING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Im having some trouble with my MilkShape 3D I dont know how to take the skeleton out of my original 1.2 goku model and put it into a new model I got off the internet http://esf-world.com/download.php?file_id=610 because these models dont have Skeletons can someone please help me? I would be most greatful.

SEE THESE MODELS NEED A SKELETON! lol

Best answers
1) decompile a 1.2 goku model and the one you want into two different folders.
2) import the 1.2 goku model into milkshape
3) select all vertex and delete them
4) import the "TRIANGLES" of the goku model you want. (this means deselect "rename bones and skeleton")
5) before you export it, go into your 1.2 goku's folder and open its reference model with notepad. Now highlist the joints that are listed in numbers ONLY and copy them. (this is the first set of text you see when you open it)

6) now export the model you have in milkshape into the 1.2 goku foler (replace the reference file)
7) now open the reference file you just exported with notepad and replace the joint list with the one you copied and save it.
8) now compile and enjoy :)

btw there might be easier ways but this is how i do it.
..........AND this may not always work cuz different models have different skeletons, well at least thats the case with counter strike models. I dunno if esf modellers are making there own skeletal systems which which would suck.

Best answers
using milkshape

btw whats the name of that map in the screenshot

Best answers
2k greattournament, and what parts do I decompile there are 4 I can decompile lol this is so confusing I dont quite understand step 3 4 and 5

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alrighty, ill answer your question in the simplest possible way,... then close it,, please refrain from making another thread too, this information is in the stickys as well

create a new folder on your desktop, name it whatever you want
put a copy of the 1.2 goku in there
in milkshape go to "Tools>Half Life>Decompile Normal HL MDL File"
a box with 4 selections will pop up, leave all the boxes selected and click ok

create another folder on the desktop
put the goku model you are trying to add the skeleton to into it
in milkshape go to "Tools>Half Life>Decompile Normal HL MDL File" again
UNcheck sequences and qc file you wont be needing those

now drag those files created from the goku you want to fix into the folder of the 1.2 goku
if it asks to overwrite hit yes,
now in milkshape go to "Tools>Hlaf Life>Compile QC File"

if everything was done properly the MDL file of the 1.2 goku in the folder on your desktop will have been changed into that of the goku you were trying to fix, but with 1.2's animations

you may have to rename the reference smd of the ssj3 goku to make it work, i dont know if they have the same name or not but they should,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom