Natural Selection 2 Alpha Date Set - Last Chance to Pre-Order the Special Edition

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2010/7/ns2_alpha_date_set

After waiting for ages it's finally coming :) I've been watching them put this game together for some time now. I played the bajesus out of NS1 so in repayment I preordered the SE version of NS2 last year. It's really starting to come together now, too. 2 weeks or so and then it's hands on time with a playable version (though obviously dev isn't complete). Preorder and support an awesome indy dev, especially considering once the alpha is out, you can't order the SE anymore.

And yes I set this on force read for everyone. It's an indie company and I want to do what I can to support them.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$40 isn't a bad price. I may end up preordering, considering I enjoyed the original.

Though, I think they could sweeten up the deal considering you're paying double from the standard edition. The special armor is cool, but "first access" isn't worth much in my opinion.

Special gun skin, special voice commands, special alien skin/model, just something more than the armor.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have so much respect for this development team, I almost feel obligated to support them by preordering and buying this game, but unfortunately I'm not that much into NS. :-/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NS was an awesome game and having so many hours spent enjoying the fruits of their labour, i'd have brought the next instalment regardless. the fact they've taken one of the most difficult and complex approaches to produce such a game and succeeded is even better! from my perspective the fact they have full control on how the game develops and not constrained by publisher demands means we should be in for a long period of development for the game post release.

Fun times await!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No complaints of abuse, Maj backed me up! :p It's totally worth it if you enjoyed the original NS at all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because an Admin said so. That should be a good enough reason for us all. Plus its a great game a lot of us grew up on playing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Devs here have been known for always wanting to support indy development teams. :p I always liked NS myself, and I'd love to support them, though I can't see myself playing NS2 that often these days.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made everyone on the forum forced to read it. Because I wanted you to. Read the first post, I explained it :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't have to view anything before entering the forum. Take that, everyone else.

Best answers
That's sure nice comments post every person so I am posting a good link so please
see this and read more information about this and hope like this?

Best answers
nice thanks for posting this Karrde, i'm a big fan. especially since they take such an open, independent, and continually evolving approach to gameplay. this game is gonna far worth the money when it comes out. 40 dollars now will probably last for like 5+ yrs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How long does it take them to dispense keys? I ordered some 20 hours ago and haven't received anything yet. CBA to register on their forums yet...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just give it time. Some of the stuff has to be done manually at the moment due to the whole transition to steam process. They've also got a ton of ppl upgrading to SE from regular, so it might take some time atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom