💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drat u killed me.... YOU CATHOLIC!!:laff: :laff:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by tFallenAngel`
Lately I've noticed a disturbing trend. This deals with people either misinformed or not informed at all about ESF's melee system.

Lately I've been playing a server ran by the person with the handle "*~Kroc~*".

Every time we are attacking each other on a head-to-head on collision course, I win. Anyone who knows how the melee system works can understand why this happens.

This person then goes on to claim I am a hacker, or using some kind of cheat program. They repeatedly claim this everytime we play. When I mention that I am not cheating, I am called a liar. This person then goes on to try to kick me...they cannot even accomplish that, so this person just shuts his\her server down completely.

I mentioned that I would make him\her look like an idiot on these message boards, and this person laughed and claimed he\she was ranked in the top 10 on these boards.

This is only the most extreme example. This happens to me many times, on different servers playing with different people.

Does anyone else encounter this type of problem as often as I do? What can we do about this to make ESF a more enjoyable mod to play over the internet?
Need I remind you that the topic of discussion is about How to make ESF more enjoyable on the basis of an understanding of how it works to prevent accusation of hacking, like in the above case.

This topic has had it's share of twists and turns...but it should come back to this discussion. And, allow me to remind you, that everybody here was, at one point, new to the game, and I'm sure that your perception may be different if you JUST started ESF like some people on the public servers did. Not everyone has been hardcore into ESF since the exact second 1.0 came out. Just make sure to give new players some breathing room, and make it very clear to them how it is things like the melee system work. IMO, that is the best way to resolve these kinds of issues.

At any rate, please bring this back on-topic, or it may see a closure.

Best answers
:\ ok you ask for it here goes;

-----------------------
----

<center>The revision of the current noob, by Lost:</center>

Well as many of you may have noticed n00bs are realy pephatic in this game, if you look at any other mod there aren't this much 'lame' n00bs, yes there are some at them but they mostly learn fast and stoip whining after they got the drift. but why are they so annoying here? well lets try to answer this question.

first if we look at the board, i think Gr00vy said this once, mos of the people have an age from 10 to low 20's (me being 18). So if we look in game and sometimes i do ask for there age, i get answers around 12 years old :\ well this may clear up some thing, 12 year olds are in a difficult age, called puberty, they annoy people for fun if it doesn't go their way. But i'n my vieuw age isn't the only thing why n00bs are ignorand here.

The second thing i think, is caused by the serie it self, the whole DBZ theme makes n00b beam spammers, i think you can tell b your self why most of the n00bs want to play goku! in their minds they will be invinceble with the kamewave as goku, atlest he defeated most of his nemies with it... so why wouldn't that be in this game? the majority of the n00bs think its all like the series, they meet trunks and cell ingame and battle them, not knowing (or maybe they do) that REAL people play with those chars, they see them as in the series how many times didn't i hear "TRUNKS! stop using ur sword u lamer" ... so they just see it like they are invinceble as the best char in the serie (in their eyes).

Now a little part about the hacking, or rather said the accusement of hacking, when n00bs feel to realise that they are just not good enough or think they are invinceble they just knocked down another n00b) that they not the only one who is realy playing this game, when a better person then they enter their (or an official) server they get anoyed by not being the best around any more. What would a puber do in that case? THEY cannot realise they just need to practise more, in their anger (see the video mr Satan (?) posted in offtopic) they cannot stand there defait and start blindly typing the wrong words:
instead of: "man ur good, how can i become so good?"
you get: "you ****ing lamer, you hacker SOAB"

well i hope u get my point, i have been typing for to long now :S...

Regards,
lost

Best answers
Exactly.

Am i the only n00b that goes to these forums? i mean no other n00bs have posted in this thread yet( i think).

like i said im thirteen but i DO ask how to get that good, mainly because this is the first mod i played, so i didnt think you COULD hack. And anyway, why would someone want to? im here for the challenge, and because i like DBZ, not because i want to win straight away. Hopefully l8er i might be as good as some of the people here.

Best answers
ok here is mine.

* Suicider has joined the server
n00b: now i will pwn you!
* Suicider killed n00b with melee
n00b: hey melee is a lame glitch of esf! stop doing it!
n00b: hey!!!! stop!!! one more time and i kick u!
Suicider kicked by console
Suicider changed name to Steve-O
Steve-O has joined the server
* Steve-O killed n00b with melee
n00b: stop using melee!
Steve-O: ok
* Steve-O killed n00b with kame torpedos
n00b: hey thats lame! stop this or i will kick u
Steve-O: ok
* Steve-O killed n00b with kamehameha
n00b: thats lame!!! should i kick you?
Steve-O: no i wont use it ok
* Steve-O killed n00b with blue attack
n00b: stop this lame thing!
* Steve-O killed n00b with ki blast
n00b: aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr iam gonna kick u
Steve-O: whats your ****in problem????
n00b: you are lame!
Steve-O: so whats not lame???
n00b: **** off! you cheater!!!
* Steve-O changed name to ^^yöü-äre-dümb^^
n00b: argh change your name back!!!
* ^^yöü-äre-dümb^^ killed n00b with melee
n00b: AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!
* Server shut down

Best answers
well not all noobs are mean and nasty. Im not that good at this game but one time i killed a noob and he asked " how do i melee good? " so i told him to meat me in the middle of the map ( we were playing city) and i told him the usall stuff then i let him try a few moves on me, since then we always play together. so in all not all noobs are dumb and annoying.

Best answers
Yes, the Noodler, sometimes you get new people to the game who are willing to be taught, the noobs we are refering to are people who dont care what other people think and whine when they get beat up. Not all n00bs are bad, we were all n00bs once, and most of us probably did what u did b4. and BTW welcome to the forums

Best answers
Thank you for the kind greeting :) . i have only run into one noob that was very mean. i killed him with melee once than he told me it was cheap. so i killed him with a sbc and he said a aim hack. so i said " what do you want me to do?" he said " Teach me to hacksor like you do you*ss!!@@!!" i was laughing so hard he killed me and than called me a noob and left

Best answers
and thats what happens when there are tactless 10 year olds hanging around on a great mod,possibly its largest drawback

but either way,I couldnt get to play ESF in my local Cyber cafe again....not enough time because I didnt have enough green,but I could pretty much look up the cases later,and check if its increased,Im making a statistics page for myself on n00b counts....

and a new definition between good and bad n00bs....

newbie : Newbies willing to be taught,ala The Noodler's case
n00b : We're all familiar with it ,and I brand them [SOOKA]

so we wont get all confused,and no I dont actually know russian,but I got a buddy who taught me that :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Majin_You
Need I remind you that the topic of discussion is about How to make ESF more enjoyable on the basis of an understanding of how it works to prevent accusation of hacking, like in the above case.

At any rate, please bring this back on-topic, or it may see a closure.
;/

This thread is not for sharing stories about how "you ran into some annoying n00b"...bear in mind my above statement, please.

Best answers
Then Im a newby, not a n00b.

And Noodler, kudos to you. here is a flower for you. @}--- :smile:

And thats all i have to say.
So to stop this from being spam, i think that there should be n00b servers, where all the n00bs could go.
then they could call each other H@x0r$ to their hearts content.
And there should also be newby serevers where people like me could train against each other, with the ocaisional (spelt wrong)
real good player coming in and helping us out. I have no idea how to do that, but anyway.......

Best answers
I hate n00bs that say you are a hacker I say just ignore yhem and kick there @$$ some more :]

Best answers
The game should come with this: you must be forced 2 watch the manual bfore u play. Then u should have a mandatory 24hour playtime limit against the bots bfore you are alowed to compete mp. Then mayby we wont hav these people who download, play online imeadiatly and Know sweet FO about the game.

Best answers
Hey guys, lets not get worked up over all those noobs out there! If they dont want to listen to a more experienced player to get valuable tips, it is their loss. If they really start becoming jackasses because they dont want to believe you, then they dont deserve the honor of having someone of your calibre playing with them. Im not saying that all noobs are bad (after all, we all started out as one) but some are just sore losers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ramcio
The game should come with this: you must be forced 2 watch the manual bfore u play. Then u should have a mandatory 24hour playtime limit against the bots bfore you are alowed to compete mp. Then mayby we wont hav these people who download, play online imeadiatly and Know sweet FO about the game.
I agree sorta...I think the installer should scan for previously installed stuff and if you have had it before then you do not need to comply with the manual & bot fight thing you mentioned.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i get accussed sometimes, you just say "omg, thanks for the compliment, thts my first n00b accusation, im so happy"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom