N00BS:A Disturbing Trend?

Best answers
and so you shall....play in some of the official ESF servers and the PT servers,there tends to be alot of n00bs hanging around there

and Id have to agree with Hitokiri,theyre just people like us,so the next time they accuse us,we'll just laugh at them instead :D

and you wouldnt know who I practised with before,I was getting whooped around like a pingpong ball :\

Best answers
Originally posted by NTK.neo
Your attempt to be humerous has been rejected.

Have a nice day.
Jeez if you're gonna be an *******, you could at least spell "humorous" right. What's your problem?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get noobs on every mod i play
its hilarious if you dont let it get to you

on the topic of noobs:
in a server with my friend in CS
my friend is a hacker unfortunatly
we come across another hacker like [stev0]
headshots behind walls around corners, he wasnt even trying to hide it
now im sittin here with an awp and he shoots me through a door, now i can see the bullet holes coming through that door and i fire back.
BAM headshot, he calls me a hacker. imagine that i get called a hacker by a hacker. AND all this before my friend (who is hacking) even gets accused
next round he pops his head out. i guess he didnt expect me to see him so i poped him in the face (cuz i COULD see the top of his head). he claims i shot him through the ground, i dont know how he got that idea. just goes to show ya that noobs want that old doom feeling of, hey look at me im the best you cant win, what u killed me, YOUR CHEATING!!

back to esf
got kicked from 2 servers by noobs that thought i hacked cuz the always went for headons. i simply waited and smacked em backwards or tele'd away and bopped em to the floor. now as you all know these are simple manuvers but apparently its still cheating :rolleyes:

now ill have everyone notice that u dont see any noobs on the forums. now i ask you why is that? the answer is cuz their noobs that dont understand the subtle tips and tricks of each of the various half life mods. ive learned a lot by browsing forums for various mods. esf is tele dodge etc, cs is listen for footsteps, compensate for recoil etc, tfc always prime a nade around a corner etc.

for those of you that getting called a hackers bothers u, keep this in mind. these people that are so quick to accuse you are most likely very immature and will not be swayed by rational reasoning or argument. just ignore it and do not respond.

have you ever gotten into an argument with a roudy little tyke? my little cousin swears he can beat me up, now im like 4 feet bigger than him but i dont say, "stfu noob your nothing i can step on you and youll die!" no i say "cool man your gona protect me from all the bad guys right?" noobs in the game are just like that, if you try to argue with them they will insist they are the best and you cant humanly do what you just did. if someone compliments you then by all means respond. if someone asks you for help go ahead and help. but pay no attention to the witch hunters. and please remember, WE WERE ALL NOOBS AT ONE TIME. be a bit more tolerant and dont get annoyed with them

i dont really know where i was going with this post but i think it turned out ok

Best answers
i've got a good idea. people should log the lamest things that n00bs come out with when whining, and then give them to the Bot creator (|Me| i think) and he can incorporate them in as the bot whinging lines. The n00bs can be the stars in ESF!

Best answers
just played Hitokiri i think...definitely not a noob...here is someone who shows great sportsmanship and is an awesome player. cheers.

Best answers
I just hope alot of these problems will stop after the new melee system is put in place......if i get called a *** cheater by one more prepubesent i think im going to snap.

Best answers
Well, I have to say that teleporting religiously Does decrease the playability of the game, Why? because teleporting isn't costly enough but that's an issue to be discussed latter, Yes, "n00bs" as they have been so deemed, are highly annoying and usually they are twelve to fourteen year old brats that can't evin spell their own name with out some how throwing "ur .. or pimp daddy" in it .... put simply these people aren't even with the time spent complaining about them and should be ignored as that is the only thing We can do .... Unless you want to commit mass homicide against stupid/ "hip" people o_O .. more likely legal then not

Best answers
Hey im 13, and a N00b, but i dont whinge or acuse people of being hackers. So not ALL N00bs are bad....... just most of us:p

EDIT: Its a shame really, because the decent n00bs that come in and HAVE read the manual are flamed by people like some of you who are sick of the ******'s that ask all the stupid questions, so they quit. It ruins it for us too.

It seems noone likes thick n00bs.......

Best answers
ok this one was quite sad actualy: (i broke rules, because i wanted 'revange' (rather a good fight with) on a friend who was in that server, the server hadn't written down any rules)

* {LM} Zer01 enters server *
{LM} Zer01 killed n00b1 (host) with melee
n00b1: No melee or get kicked
* spottest friend who is better then him at melee *
* Losser and Zer01 fight to the death of Zer01 *
{LM} Zer01: GF
Losser: Tnx
n00b1: no melee or get kicked!
{LM} Zer01: Fine kick me, im to lasy to press quit
n00b1: Fine
* 10 mins later *
* losser killes Zer01 with melee *
* finaly: Zer01 killes losser with melee *
n00b1: stop meleeing!
{LM} Zer01 : still waiting for u to kick me
n00b1: It won't kick u!
{LM} Zer01 : to bad...
* n00b1 kicked |FM|losser *
{LM} Zer01 : wrong guy !
* losser rejoins *
* losser changed name : { |FM| LOSSER } *
* Zer01 killed losser with melee *
* losser changed team *
* n00b1 fills the server with bots (100% beams) *
- * 20 mins later *-
*n00b1 changes bots to (100% melee)*
- Zer01 and losser having rather fun with this much bots! - (2 vs 8)-

at the end the host left because he had to go eat .. :D ahwell it was rather fun!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, this all reminds me of a person I talked to yesterday. They asked me on IRC how to melle. I'm like well, teleport a lot, teleport when you hit your target. Othert that, practice, practice. I'm by no means a good ESF player, but I know the theory. It comes down ultimately to experience, and moreso, reaction time.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by tFallenAngel`
Lately I've noticed a disturbing trend. This deals with people either misinformed or not informed at all about ESF's melee system.

Lately I've been playing a server ran by the person with the handle "*~Kroc~*".

Every time we are attacking each other on a head-to-head on collision course, I win. Anyone who knows how the melee system works can understand why this happens.

This person then goes on to claim I am a hacker, or using some kind of cheat program. They repeatedly claim this everytime we play. When I mention that I am not cheating, I am called a liar. This person then goes on to try to kick me...they cannot even accomplish that, so this person just shuts his\her server down completely.

I mentioned that I would make him\her look like an idiot on these message boards, and this person laughed and claimed he\she was ranked in the top 10 on these boards.

This is only the most extreme example. This happens to me many times, on different servers playing with different people.

Does anyone else encounter this type of problem as often as I do? What can we do about this to make ESF a more enjoyable mod to play over the internet?

HELL YES, i hate the noobs and there calling people hackers, there are afew good Aussie players, like EAZ 135 ther rest of NGSF me new member, but ther rest are noob and dont understand who the meleed works.... im know just made a bind to tell them how it works and how i do it, not giving any of my secerts

BIG BANG ATTACKS, saying of the day 'NOOBS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR HACKY SACK' hacky sack is the best sub game in esf

Best answers
They should make some kind of anti-complete idiotic ignorant noob lock on ESF..like..you have to read the manual, you take a quiz at the end of the manual, then you'll get some kind of password you have to enter in ESF to unlock it..if you fail the quiz it wont tell you the password.

Best answers
well i think teleport is already costly enough. if you're not transformed it drains your ki very quickly.

Best answers
Originally posted by tFallenAngel`
well i think teleport is already costly enough. if you're not transformed it drains your ki very quickly.
errr,ki control ... :rolleyes:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the servers being full of noobs I usually attack one, then another, then another and so on until I have 4 or 5 after me. Its not challenging when they do straight melee but when one of 2 beam spam and the others try to hang you up with melee and you don't have ssj so you don't have the energy to teleport that much and they DO it gets challenging. I find when I meet up with people that are good and noobs come and try to hit me while I'm having a good match I can deal with them really fast even while the good person is going after me. You guys have to find the positives with the negatives. :p

Best answers
hehe yeah, after playing for a couple months and finding the servers completely full of whiny noobs i just decided to play against bots and some friends whenever we have a lan party. Its just not worth the annoyance. At least the bots dont talk trash and im at least within punching distance of my friends at a lan party.
I dont really get it, when i play ut2003 no ones this *****y, same thing when i play DOD or Jk2. Whats up with the esf/halflife (excluding DOD) comunitee?

Best answers
i think they shoud do somthing like cs that you have a option to not hear sombody

Best answers
The most wierdest noob I have ever come up to see was a jew hater. God I thought all that was over like 50 years ago and this noob still brings it back what moron. Everytime I would kill him he would call me a jew. Some people need to be hit in the face. :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where I live in Boston, jew is slang for "cheapness." A lot of kids say the same **** online, not realizing that people around the world have no clue it's slang.

I did it in another thread earlier today: "When Vegeta DOES transform though, he is DIESED." lol

Best answers
Speaking of newbies, when I kick some because of their un-wanted-ness, they change their names to like: ASFDSLKA:FDS:LK%@($!$(!()))+~!~@!, to make it harder to kick them. No, I'm not using admin mod =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom