N00BS:A Disturbing Trend?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a solution >> The ESF Team could make a manual in-game, so people could just call it up with the press of a button -AND/OR- they could have training maps w/ bots that teach them.

Best answers
Geez, what server do you guys play on? I wanna see this :p.

Best answers
Oh god, you just gotta learn to find a new server when the other players consist of
EsfnOOb
EsfnOOb(1)
EsfnOOb(2)
EsfnOOb(3)
EsfnOOb(4)
...... well u get the picture.
As far as people not believing you when you tell them about melee, well just give them what they want. That would be a very hard and complicated, not to mention bogus, way of doing it. Such as you have to swoop and just as you are about to hit them you have to turn off swoop and teleport towards them while hitting the attack and the use key (b).
For some reason they alwayse reject the correct answer but they alwayse seem to accept this one for some reason. Its also quite ammusing watching them try to do it for an hour or so, just remember to encourage them and tell them it takes practice and perfect timing. Arent i a ******* :)

Best answers
Yes, you are!

I like the training course idea. The manual is often overlooked by many olayers, but if they're performing the action while learning it then they're all set. Most people just want to dive right into a game!

Best answers
Yeah i made this same suggestion back in 1.0 days, but it was knocked back for such reasons as; time, effort and their already was an animated manual.
maby if they dont make a training map for 1.2 i might make one myself, but of corse ill get lazy and never finish it.
Just make the manual in game so noobs can press F11 to bring it up or something but, prefrebly a "hazard course" like half-life's would be good but again the same knock back reasons come up.

Best answers
Lol i know when i played first, i joined server, got kicked around, left server, read manual, came back tryed my best to kick his but (didn't work very well)...

then i just go into differend servers as spectator watched what people did, learned and kicked ass lateron.

anyway when i host a server i mostly ban the first ESFn00b that shows up y his name and no other can join then :D

Best answers
lol i can say that EVERY yes EVERY time i play im abused of hacking cuz i have a passion on teleporting, like goku did with cell boosting towards them and then teleporting so that it looks like you fly through them and them hit them.
and head ons are even worse when you win all the time you get kicked or banned, i have to let them hit me 3 times or so before i can play seriusly again to prevent a ban.

esfn00b: hey how come you win all the time?
Vetanator: the manual tells you how to win
esfn00b: no tell me now or i will ban you
Vetanator: mann youre pathetic...
esfn00b: hey were do you live
Vetanator denm...
esfn00b hits vetanator
Vetanator: lol sneaky
Vetanator killed esfn00b with melee
esfn00b: HACKER get out of my server!
Vetanator: you know... youre *****ing is starting to get on my nerves
esfn00b: ill post youre ip on the boards and tell them how you cheat
Vetanator: go ahead give the vets a good laught
esfn00b: how do you kick?
Vetanator: :rolleyes:

Best answers
I've been accused of melee hacking, teleport hacking (i.e. pressing teleport + jump the second I hit someone who blocks), and speed hacking (Mystic Krillin's speed is hardcoded, kids).

The average H-L player has less than average intelligence. It's one of the hazards of online play. On the whole, these people don't want to have to practise to be the best, they just assume they are the best, and anyone else is cheating.

Best answers
i hate stupid people who say melee sucks,only because 'beams are more intergrated into 1.2'

And I'd have to agree with Snidely,since there's an idiot who says he is the best in Opposing Force until I whooped him.The sad thing was my HL dont work no more and I haven't played that game for months....

but anyway....n00bs....if you got proffesional players,you got n00b players,its like a basic law of nature,sort of like "If it goes up, it's gotta come down" theory.So anyway I just ignore them.

And if you want,I'll ask pcJoe something about the training stuff you guys are talking about....

but luckily,I only play with hte bots nowadays,you kick em around and no complaints :)

Best answers
Originally posted by RaVe
but luckily,I only play with hte bots nowadays,you kick em around and no complaints :)
LOL yeah IF you disable the chat :D
N00bs come indeed with every single game, and there intelligence isn't that big sometimes, you have to tell them trice before they even notice what u say :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Jaredster
Geez, what server do you guys play on? I wanna see this :p.
LOL...no you don't, dude.

Every game I connect to, there is someone *****ing the second I load in about SOMETHING or other. The worst was this dude Mystic (NOT Mystix). All he did was talk ****, and all he did to win was exploit the melee system. So when I started beaming him and knocking him to high hell from every swoop, and he started losing, he continued to ***** and pick on me, even long after he stopped winning, and long after I stopped answering.

And it was all BRAGGING, too, not the normal bull****. He wasn't a bad player, don't get me wrong--but without the melee exploit he was no better than me, and he continued to ***** and piss and moan long after I stopped answering. In fact, he told ME to shut up, and then when I did, he continued fighting with me.

We have some serious *******s in the Half-Life community. This **** is why I miss Tribes 2, Unreal, etc. The Half-Life community is just TOO immature for ANYTHING--the slightest glitch in a game and the whole crew is on it like diaper rash, using it every damn day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I hate are noobs that, after you kill them, they stick around and wait for you to attack someone then knock you down. Then they laugh at you. :rolleyes:. I was owning in this one server and 2 people kept telling everyone who joined "Cell hacks everyone." and I just laughed and kept owning them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check this out, just happend recently:

10:47:03:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: hey
10:47:10:AM BebiSealClubber: hi
10:47:49:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: have u ever edited the esf files
10:48:01:AM BebiSealClubber: Which files
10:48:29:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: well i edited mine so i wont make footstep noises when i walk
10:48:59:AM BebiSealClubber: lol
10:49:09:AM BebiSealClubber: Thats just a command
10:49:15:AM BebiSealClubber: err cvar
10:49:29:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: yeah but i dont make step noises by anyone
10:49:45:AM BebiSealClubber: I like it better on
10:50:01:AM BebiSealClubber: Although it hardly makes noises anyways
10:50:05:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: yeah but when ur walking....someone knows where ur coming from
10:52:14:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: i wish i knew howto edit my life ;) lol
10:53:38:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: but
10:53:53:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: could you tell me your autoexec.cfg file what it says
10:54:41:AM BebiSealClubber: Well if they're stupid they cant tell you're coming
10:54:51:AM BebiSealClubber: But if they use the scouter like most people
10:55:01:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: yeah
10:56:14:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: hey?
10:56:20:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: where would i edit my health at?
10:57:43:AM BebiSealClubber: Not possible
10:57:50:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: positive?
10:57:56:AM BebiSealClubber: Yes
10:58:20:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: or are you lying so i wont edit my health and have something happen?
10:58:48:AM mAs MeJoR bEjItA: ok well imma get on esf now, bye!
10:59:08:AM BebiSealClubber: If you knew as much as I about HL and ESF you'd know it's not possible, besides it's just stupid to even DESIRE to change your health

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well not everyone, but most people, yeah. I blame alot of this on the people who started cheating & hacking in CS.

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
Hehe, ain't that the truth... it's quite funny actually. They ask for help and when you do tell them how it's done, you get questionable responses. :]

Same here, there just isnt point if all you hear is, well let me give an example of what has happened to me before =P:

*grOOvy has joined the server.

ESFn00b: hey how do you melee?
grOOvy: You target with mouse ... blah blah....
ESFn00b: come on tell me how do you melee?
grOOvy: I just told you how! Do ....blah blah....
ESFn00b: alright if you're not gonna help me, go somewhere else, someone tell me how to melee!!!!!!!
grOOvy: .... whatever!
ESFn00b: Ok tell me now how to melee...
grOOvy: For the last time: you .....blah blah.....
ESFn00b: But this can't be true, that's probably a cheat to kill me... stop lying and help me!
grOOvy: ...
ESFn00b: SOMEONE HELP ME ON HOW TO MELEE!!!!! ALL OF YOU ARE JERKS FOR NOT HELPING ME!!!!
grOOvy: Sigh, I'm outta here.

*grOOvy has left the server.
Your attempt to be humorous has been rejected.

Have a nice day.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by NTK.neo
Your attempt to be humerous has been rejected.

Have a nice day.
NTK.neo, if you want to post in a thread, make sure that it is releveant, and not off-topic or spam. This is your "friendly warning". Do it again, and things will get official.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't stop people from being immature. You can't stop people from being ignorant. You can't stop people from acting like idiots.

Live, learn, and then get luvs. Newbies and a-holes are in every community. Find a server that has cooler players, or a game with a more mature community (which, if it has any REAL size to it, does not exist.)

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
Same here, there just isnt point if all you hear is, well let me give an example of what has happened to me before =P:

*grOOvy has joined the server.

ESFn00b: hey how do you melee?
grOOvy: You target with mouse ... blah blah....
ESFn00b: come on tell me how do you melee?
grOOvy: I just told you how! Do ....blah blah....
ESFn00b: alright if you're not gonna help me, go somewhere else, someone tell me how to melee!!!!!!!
grOOvy: .... whatever!
ESFn00b: Ok tell me now how to melee...
grOOvy: For the last time: you .....blah blah.....
ESFn00b: But this can't be true, that's probably a cheat to kill me... stop lying and help me!
grOOvy: ...
ESFn00b: SOMEONE HELP ME ON HOW TO MELEE!!!!! ALL OF YOU ARE JERKS FOR NOT HELPING ME!!!!
grOOvy: Sigh, I'm outta here.

*grOOvy has left the server.
well the first time i played esf i was asking around too i learned it from |::Z::| unknown who was in a server and so kind to explain me melee and stuff :]
btw groovy the real stuff is funnyer then ur storys :laff:

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
LOL...no you don't, dude.

Every game I connect to, there is someone *****ing the second I load in about SOMETHING or other. The worst was this dude Mystic (NOT Mystix). All he did was talk ****, and all he did to win was exploit the melee system. So when I started beaming him and knocking him to high hell from every swoop, and he started losing, he continued to ***** and pick on me, even long after he stopped winning, and long after I stopped answering.

And it was all BRAGGING, too, not the normal bull****. He wasn't a bad player, don't get me wrong--but without the melee exploit he was no better than me, and he continued to ***** and piss and moan long after I stopped answering. In fact, he told ME to shut up, and then when I did, he continued fighting with me.

We have some serious *******s in the Half-Life community. This **** is why I miss Tribes 2, Unreal, etc. The Half-Life community is just TOO immature for ANYTHING--the slightest glitch in a game and the whole crew is on it like diaper rash, using it every damn day.
I haven't seen bad-mouthing n00bs since the release of 1.0. The servers I goto there seems to be none. I just want to see this for myself, i wanna see killer n00bs ;D .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom