My suggestions for beam struggles

Best answers
K first of all i'll introduce myself. I've been playing the mod for a long time and i really like it, and i have been reading the forums for quite a while, so im gonna say what i think should be in the game.

Currently, when you fire a beam towards someone the beam head goes off on a tangent. What I am proposing is that when 2 beam heads come into contact with each other the beam trails are locked and the beam heads move along each players beam trails. But this would only happen when the beam heads come into contact within a certain angle of each other eg. 25 degrees. If the beam heads come into contact with each other outside that angle then the current way of beamstruggles will take place ie the beams will go off on a tangent, so that people can still fire a beam to deflect an oncoming beam.

Also when someone turns on turbo, the aura is just the normal one. I think it would look class if the aura looked more like this:

So the aura looks more intense. (thanks to my fav free lemming-based dbz game for that pic:)
So tell me what y'all think of my ideas.

Best answers
Although your suggestion is similar to mine it isnt quite the same. In your post you dont say anything about the beam trails being locked in position while the beamstruggle is taking place, and im not suggesting a "Gohan vs Cell" type struggle, as you put it. I am saying that when the struggle is started, the beam heads will travel along the beam trails up to the player

Edit:
Okay, the bit about the beam trails locking u did say:] , so i am suggesting that if a beam gets hit at an angle, it is able to be deflected, like the current beamstruggle system.

Best answers
Yea, that would be good.

Like in DBZ movie 7 "Super Andriod #13" when Andriod 13 shoots a beam at Gohan, Piccolo fires a beam at it from right below, pushing #13's beam into the air.

It would be really good if ESF can get it so that the angle and direction that the beams are deflected, is based on the power of the beams as well as the angle at which they both hit eachother. Like in the movie, Piccolo's beam was much more powerful so, the beams went staright up in the air. But, if #13's was more powerful, it would have gone up at like a 30 or 40 degree angle. It would add a more "real-life" feel to the game.

And I only talked about a "Gohan vs Cell" type struggle for when two of the same beams hit head on, that the two ends on the beams would form into one ball-shape of ki.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens is already fixing/changing power struggles for 1.3, as has been said more than once before.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm not really sure what to say about that... I was under the impression that would be your aura during a struggle. You want a big bulky aura sticking out in front of you all the time?

Best answers
no, i was using that as an example. The big thing in front wouldnt be there, it would just be the aura around the player, so that it would look like the aura is being blown back by the power of the beam, thus making the struggle look more intense.

Best answers
Damn Dougie, you beat me to it i was just about to suggest that. haha.. :( i love it and maybe ad a bit more FX to the beam heads when they are locked together like ... lightnight... and sparks or something..

Best answers
and then when the beamhead tracks back to the losing player and is about to hit him, the powerstruggle should turn into a blockstruggle so that the losing player is pushed back, and should he suddenly get stronger, someway, he could push the beam back to the dude who was winning and let it explode in his face :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rather than having the two seperate beams during the struggle I think it would be awesome to see it as one huge, thicker beam with the 'bulge' (beamhead) in the middle, slowly closing in on the loser of the struggle. Of course the beam and head both get bigger as more power is expended in the struggle until you get the beam-sized-as-user thing Gohan got when fighting Cell (the beam diameter was as big as Gohan). I agree with Dougie that having the Aura behind so it looks like it's 'pushing forward' is a good idea. Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom