my second model, a scouter

Best answers
i dunno if this could be used but i was fiddling around and i turned this thing i had created and i went "hey" that kinda looks like a scouter off dbz

so here it is (this time it only 64kbs)

http://www.boomspeed.com/bloodfox/scouter.gif

it took me like half an hour to make :( but i likes it

i would've liked to make the "glass" bit in the middle transparent but i dunno how coz i = n00b :)

regards

Best answers
well, keep practicing and u will get better, but i would center my view on chara modling.

Best answers
yea sorry bout that

thx for the input

regards

p.s does anyone know how to make objects go a little bit transparent using 3dsmax 4???

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its oke, only some thingys: the grey around the green thing should be nothing, and there should be something that the scouter can be attached to the ear

a reffie

Best answers
Its ok ... but remember a scouter has no frame around the eyepiece soo get rif of it ... and follow Mystics pic and you'll do fine :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that took u 30 minutes O_O :S i hope ull find lots of tutorails in tha case man but atleast u are trying to get bether good luck with our models

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey zelda that was not very nice about the 30 minutes ¬_¬
he just started modeling this is his second model, and i think its great for a second model (better then me cuz i cant even model XD) he just needs to look at some refs to make somethings on the scouter right

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i sayd i hope u find loads of tutorails and atleast he is trying to model
i cant help it that i think for a second model this isnt "all that" cous i agrae my second model wasnt at great eather but i did get the proportions right

Best answers
thx mystic 4 da support and the pic u rulez

well it didn't take me 30 mins, it took like 10 or maybe even 5 mins it was real easy, i just put 30 mins in so i'd look like i dedicate myself to my modelling

well i did dedicate my modelling 2 my first model, coz that took me like 3 or 4 hours, off and on and with breaks in between, coz i just didn't know how to model and whateva

i have been looking at heaps of tutes aswell, my first one was kinda off a tute but not really

regards

p.s i might redo the scouter but i dunno it isn't really needed anywhere just cosmedic values or something

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
not but for a second try,

Mabey i should get modeling again 2 years ago i modeled in milkshape 1 year ago in 3ds max ill think ill go on with max
but any way not bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bloodfox said:
thx mystic 4 da support and the pic u rulez

well it didn't take me 30 mins, it took like 10 or maybe even 5 mins it was real easy
lol it wil take lesser time than that is mostli 2 boxes and smoothshading it and thats it :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GREAT looks better already but the part between the glass, and the thingy for ur ear should be shorter, but for teh rest its cool already, ow maybe one small thing, the edges of the green glass should be a bit "round"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats coming along great, but can we get a proper pic to look at :D lol, at first i thought it said ud made a scouser model....

Best answers
i did said i made a scouter, and i did

thx for the critz and support mystic i'll make the changes and post later

regards

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok eaven i have to agrea this is lo9ads bether than the first :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom