My OPINION... wrong?

Best answers
I want to ask, no- I want to demand, what the point in the reputation system is. During the past week, I've gotten a few bad reps for stating my opinion (Here and here). It really gets on my nerves, and I'm sure a lot of other people, when they get a Red Blob on their reputation, with no reason, and no tag saying why. For those of you who don't know, if you get more bad reps than good, you get a nice red blob next to your name telling you that your opinions are wrong. Now, I could understand someone gets a bad rep here and there for spam, but come on, too many people use this because they don't like or have some resentment towards other people.
Here is just an example of how a decent person would give you positive reputation:

And here's an example of a coward (or two) that dosn't want to give a reason why my opinion is wrong.

I know it is reportable and people can get warnings for giving bad rep without reason, but I think it needs to be more known. Too many people on these boards have a big red blob next to their name because some douche bags don't like their opinions or just don't like them. I know it shouldn't bother me, but what can I say, it ****ing does.

Best answers
i dont know what this red blob is ... ?
guess im a good boy lol.

so yea.. i would like an explanation too hehe since i guess getting a red blob is something bad lol.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aye, ive got 5 of them with no reason listed, but that was dealt with, though i wouldve preferred they removed the "red blobs" as well as dealing with the person who spammed them, but i suppose they have thier reasons and i dont care enough to make a scene about it,

Best answers
Ohyea, i checked that out a couple of days ago. Alea really wubs me ^_^

Best answers
I just wish that everyone not just mods and admins had the right to see who commented.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The offender has been dealt with. Closing thread since this isn't a healthy topic of public discussion and the matter is closed.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am seriously concidering disabling the reputation feature, as you people sincerely can't be asked to treat anything with respect and maturity. Once again, a few idiots cost the entire community something . . . The fight club will switch over to privately controled stats and ranking rather than the message board's reputation system. I wan't to personally thank the morons that couldn't handle themselves with simple rules like: DON'T LEAVE BLANK COMMENTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom