My New Game Mode

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I thought of this after reading $sj goku's "Hit the cricket with a mallet" idea. I was thinking for a new game mode teh scoring system and objective should be changed only. I dont know if the idea im about to explain has been brought up before, even though i did search i cant think of many keywords to title this idea so ill just be specific, sorry if it is a common idea...

The game mode would be kind of like king of the hill i guess (diff from what i read in my searches). Players would enter the game with dragonballs and start searching or just trying to get to where they are first. Basically you would have a scoring system that gave you points based on how long you have held a/multiple dragon balls. The person with the most points in the end wins. The gameplay would work like this...

The people who get the 7 dragonballs first would start gaining points once tehy got them. once someone holding a dragonball is killed the dragonball is transfered (they all will be transfered if they have more than one) to the person who got the kill (made the final blow). So people would collect dragonballs and the more dragonballs you get the faster your points increase over time, until all 7 are collected in one player . Once 7 are collected maybe they could get some kind of aura or something but the point is that the person has all 7 and is gaining points as fast as possible in this mode. That player is then basically versing everyone else trying to hold the dragonballs for as long as possible. From that point on it is a struggle of one person and kiling that person gives you the increase of points over time until you are killed. This would go on and the person with the most points after the time is up wins.

There would probably be something on the radar/scouter indicating people with dragonballs and something somewhere small telling you how many you have... (i think thats everything class is starting ill respond to ideas after school)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the person holding the dragonballs able to fight back?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i think it sounds good! This gamemode actually sounds alot like ODDBALL in halo 2. In that game, there was only one ball, and when your holding it, a timer starts, and you have to run from all the players until you win.

I would like this game mode better because you still would be allowed to fight and gain points over time for yourself. And gaining more points while having more dragon balls together makes alot of sense.

This mode could be compared to earth dragon balls allowing you to fight because they are small, where as in ctdb mode, those are namek dragon balls, and you have to carry a ball in your hands.

At first all the dragon balls would be laid out across the map. After you pick up a ball, it would disappear and little balls will be displayed on the players hud indicating how much he has.

One thing to consider is what happens when one player gets all 7 balls. I think after he dies, all the balls are spread across the map, and have to be found again. If the balls are not spread somehow, then every time the main player dies, 7 balls will be transferred over and over between one player.

I think it would be cool when the player collects all 7 balls, his hp, stamina, and ki is restored, and has a great increase in power to make it fair because all players will be targeting him. A special aura sounds like a good idea too.

*edit*
yea zeonix, i would say yes, or else his only goal would be to run.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yes the person will be able to fight back, you have 2 obvious strategies, fight off however many other players are in the game or run...

and Yes it is just like oddball, the only diff is that at the beginning teh dragonballs are scattered among other players. It is inevitable however after 10 min or so all the balls will be collected in one person, making the game from then on just like oddball. This is based on the fact that you cant beat someone who has more dragonballs than you so you must collect more and eventually all of them to gain an advantage.

*edit*

If the dragonballs scattered again the whole process of wearing it down to one person would also start again, however i think that would get kind of annoying and you would lose the cool one man verse all feeling everytime. The scattering in the beginning is just to give a kind of warmup, to make everyone still be looking temporarily, to add a change of strategy and objective during the middle of the game, and just to break up the monotonous style of gameplay that you have in a regular slayer type of game. The stat restore is a good idea and i was thinking earlier some kind of visible aura so that persond could be spotted easily, and i have thought about gaining powers. On the gaining powers im not sure tho. Maybe a little more speed, PL, HP, MAYBE even a SLIGHT decrease in ki consumption, However giving the person with all the dragonballs advantages is not the point. The dragonballs should be passed often enough so all players can feel like almost no matter what they can still grab the dragonballs and hold off everyone and then win. Generally i think its best to keep it simple, no powers, but thats always a possibility.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ok, having the balls scatter away every time (when the player with all 7 dies) like you mentioned could sound annoying. Depends, I would have to actually play it to know exactly.

But having no extra powers or abilities with every single person in the server targeting you can be very difficult lol. Death would come so fast, imagine 4 players coming to melee you while 3 others charge kamehameha's.

Levels in halo are pretty closed off, and lots of hallways for the player to run between. But in esf, its pretty much all open maps, and the player with the 7 balls would be easy to find.

Best answers
heh great idea ... im not rejecting it at all :eek: im just sayin that the pros would make it xtremely unfun for the nubs ... but now that i think about it.. there probably isn't a way to fix that

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, pros might collect the balls easier, but he will have more players to worry about all over his back =). More balls you have makes you higher on the wanted list.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
ok, having the balls scatter away every time (when the player with all 7 dies) like you mentioned could sound annoying. Depends, I would have to actually play it to know exactly.

But having no extra powers or abilities with every single person in the server targeting you can be very difficult lol. Death would come so fast, imagine 4 players coming to melee you while 3 others charge kamehameha's.

Levels in halo are pretty closed off, and lots of hallways for the player to run between. But in esf, its pretty much all open maps, and the player with the 7 balls would be easy to find.
Yes thanks for bringing this up, i just realized one hit to the ground and a gen beam from each player would end you ^^. But stat increases seem like they would only be dragging out your death longer and not fixing the problem so... I think there should be no delays after being hit like getting up or stopping after being nocked in the air, think about it, that alone would make it super hard to hit one person who could bounce off the ground or a wall and teleport as soon as someone knocks them there or come out of adv. melee teleporting. Also after they hit somebody there would be no delay (actually i think there already is no delay...).

And i have thought about how pros would stand against noobs and unless your fighting against complete noobs, 9+ players coming at you wouldnt be so easily put down, maybe some pros would be forced to run for their lives^^, because this is an essentially one vs all mode.

*edit*

also this maybe a good or bad thing but there is a slight luck factor. The person who happens to luckily or not be able to deliver the final blow gets the balls, giving noobs a reason to keep on fighting. This might be a mode noobs could start in instead of the regular ffa games were they are discouraged and oppressed lol^, since of course noone will be aiming for them most teh time they can move without someone on their back.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i like the concept you said, where the player with all 7 balls has no delay when he is hit around =), that way he wont get beamed or anything if he gets hit to the ground and can keep moving. And the whole luck factor thing too, sounds good.

Maybe he (the player with 7 balls ) can be invulnerable, or take less damage from beams. Just throwing the idea out there.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
i like the concept you said, where the player with all 7 balls has no delay when he is hit around =), that way he wont get beamed or anything if he gets hit to the ground and can keep moving. And the whole luck factor thing too, sounds good.

Maybe he (the player with 7 balls ) can be invulnerable, or take less damage from beams. Just throwing the idea out there.

The bouncing around thing i think would be almost required, and powerups and invulnerability are always cool too. Just not too much in the way of health and ki increases i think. thanks for your input =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:

I like this idea, but if anything, the more balls you have, the more vunerable you should be.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea i was just suggesting some kind of protection from beams because everyone will be going for you lol.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kaination said:
I like this idea, but if anything, the more balls you have, the more vunerable you should be.
Thus things like the aura that would stick out from across the map, and i do think not changing the power of the person with more balls is better, but without a system that would prevent delays for the person with all the balls it would be pointless because all someone would have to do is hit you once and then everyone would be charging their beams and then if your in a delayed reaction your dead pretty sure. But lowering any of a persons stats is too harsh i think, its enough that they have to fight/evade everyone in the game.

*edit*

Another thing i forgot to point out is the game would be a free for all type so other people could hurt anyone they want, if for example they want to eliminate some players to have a better chance of killing whomever they were targetting.

Beams would only be effective when the player runs out of ki and cant move otherwise they would be moving to fast to hit with no delays, of course you could do this to prevent beam spamming but thats a problem with all game modes so i dont know... Since everyone WOULD be going for you it would make spamming a particular problem so perhaps instead of all beams only generic would do damage since it wouldnt kill you in one hit. Specials like spirit bomb and final flash wouldnt do damage only to the person with all 7.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea, this mode might even give pro's better practice, because more players will be going after them lol. And this mode stays pretty true to esf, just a different way of capturing dragon balls, "earth style."

Invulnerability from large beams for the player with all 7 balls seems fair enough, if too much then they can do reduced damage, so it will encourage players to use melee a bit more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually made this suggestion for our BTL mod. Its a good idea. It makes it more than just "fight random people."

If you kill the guy holding the ball, the ball drops, so even if you do manage to make the kill, you still have to swoop down and grab it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The beams damage would be moderated if need be.

I thought alot about the person being killed dropping the balls, thats what i initially had in mind, but then when someone killed a player with more than 2 or so balls, it would be unlikely for him to get them all if there are other people around. Then it would be almost impossible to get all 7. As i said before, this mode is, for the most part, a pass the 7 balls, one vs all mode. So my idea is that they are instantly transfered to the person who got the kill.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
how about, if its 1 ball, the ball is dropped when you die, but any higher and balls will be transferred to the player who got the kill. The thought of getting to 7 sounds fun, and it might be too hard if they always drop when you die.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
how about, if its 1 ball, the ball is dropped when you die, but any higher and balls will be transferred to the player who got the kill. The thought of getting to 7 sounds fun, and it might be too hard if they always drop when you die.
Sure, if only the first ball dropped and when 2 or more were collected they would transfer. That wouldnt affect the basic idea, however, its probably better not to add more complications. The idea should be kept simple to make it sound more appealing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't read it, because that's too much for me to read. So if you said "Everyone on the server gets a dragon ball, the first persion to kill everyone and get all dbz's wins (and gets a wish) Then I'm game. That would be a lot of fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I didn't read it, because that's too much for me to read. So if you said "Everyone on the server gets a dragon ball, the first persion to kill everyone and get all dbz's wins (and gets a wish) Then I'm game. That would be a lot of fun.
Thats a completely different idea. Read the very first post, it sums the basics up in a couple paragraphs, the rest are minor adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom