My New Game Mode

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
Thats a completely different idea. Read the very first post, it sums the basics up in a couple paragraphs, the rest are minor adjustments.
No, read my first post. I'm too lazy to read all that. I read a couple lines and just assumed that's what you were saying. Since it's not, then I'm not game.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
No, read my first post. I'm too lazy to read all that. I read a couple lines and just assumed that's what you were saying. Since it's not, then I'm not game.
O the first post, u didnt specify... well its something that requires more than a couple lines to explaing.

ONE LINE EXPLAINATION:

Collect 7 dragonballs and fight to claim them for the longest period. Like ODBALL in halo.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Dont even bother posting if you wont read the suggestion. Your not even worth the time to summarize it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I WOULD like more opinions on this idea, right now it seems like about 3 people like it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i actually like it alot, seems like a fun and different take on the ctdb mode we have now (which is like namek balls), but instead this is like earth dragon balls.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
O the first post, u didnt specify... well its something that requires more than a couple lines to explaing.

ONE LINE EXPLAINATION:

Collect 7 dragonballs and fight to claim them for the longest period. Like ODBALL in halo.
Ah, never played halo, but sounds cool. I can dig it.

tonythetiger123 said:
Dont even bother posting if you wont read the suggestion. Your not even worth the time to summarize it.
Just like you're not worth the time to report to a mod for flaming a fellow member of these forums. Further more, I will post in any thread I want, you sir, will not tell me where i can and cannot post. If you have a problem with me, you can take it to a moderator and (s)he can discuss the situation with me, and deem if what I have done is wrong or not. Understood?

I may not be worth the time to you, but Rayne obviously thinks I am, seeing as he has already done it. Good day to you sir.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
its not really flaming , but common sense. You said you didn't like the idea before you read the suggestion. Thats like saying you hate a game before you actually play it. No hard feelings ok.

Since you havn't played halo, oddball is basically a gamemode where you pick up an item on the map, and try and hold it the longest without dying. Longer you hold it, more points you get. It gets pretty crazy when everyone is going for it.

Thats basically what we want to do with this mode. The dragon balls will be made much smaller, like the earth ones. When you grab it, it *disappears*, and something will probably displayed on your hud showing how much you have. More balls you have, more points you get. And if you kill someone, you get their balls. We talked earlier on what would happen if someone gets all 7.

Best answers
yea maybe to show that you have the dragon ball The color of your diamond could change to orange maybe?

nge

Best answers
This idea actually has a pretty solid foundation. Perhaps with a little fine-tuning/testing, the idea could be a lot of fun.

One problem I see right away, however- It's in the main ball holder's advantage to keep running. I know beamjumping is becoming toned down, but constant running might make this game mode a little tedious. I'm not really up for suggesting any fixes at the moment, but consider that.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ssj goku, dont forget there are 7 balls. So everyone with a ball would have that diamond changed. I think the scouter would be a good way of telling how much balls they have. It will be displayed with the powerlevel/name mode. But when a player has all 7 balls, he will have a special aura that will be noticable to everyone! (maybe your idea can come here, guy with 7 balls has an orange diamond :p)

nge, yea, the ball holder is in a way trying to stay away from everyone else. Its like a game of keep away, because your goal is to try and get the most points. Pro players might enjoy this mode even more because players will be chasing after them trying to get their dragon balls.

We didn't want it to be like halo, where you couldn't fight back at all! In this mode, the player can still fight at full ability while holding the balls. But the player wont be doing much running, because he will be chasing after others for balls too. Dont forget there are 7 balls. We can make it so minimal points are rewarded for players having a lower number of balls, like..1,2,3. (gives them a reason to chase players down instead of running with the 1 or 2 balls they have)

nge

Best answers
I agree that you should be able to fight back. Constant running can feel a bit spammy however.

Think of ways to encourage fighting, not running. Perhaps, for every kill you do, you get as many points as DB's you're holding?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well, you get points over time when you hold dragon balls. More dragon balls you have , the faster you gain points (Forcing players to get as many as they can). Whoever is in first at the end of a time limit, wins.

Maybe kills can earn you some points, like you mentioned. Depends really, because if you get as many points as collecting db's, then players will choose to only fight instead. In halo, you only gained points while holding the oddball, and it worked out there. I guess its one of those things the developer will decide on. Good idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom