my first model

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmm, there's a lot of waisted polies in the ears, also, i'd recomend that you never make more than 4 sides for polygons, ive see a lot of 5 sided, and even more on your model, it may look right at the moment, but models usually are rendered using triangles, meaning between every 3 verticies in a face there exists an edge. So it makes your poly flow messy =\. Anyway, keep it up, looks pretty good apart from that, very good for a first =]

Best answers
hey TRSS joey keeps calling me and saying you wanna skin and model better. I am very busy and will "e-mail" you a tutorial on how to do so. I am working on a very important project so please tell joey to quit calling me so damn much. lol.
peace man. I g2g. PM me your e-mail address. joey told me but i forgot.

Best answers
My most biggest crit is to cut down the nose, its WASTED ALL OVER and you go untidy polyflow, never ever use more than 4 sided polygons or i'll slap ya silly :p

Best answers
ok i was bored and i thought "hey you know what i should do to this, cel shade" so any way here you go

And in case your an idiot i also made the pants baggier,
and if you wanna see a different angle just say so,

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a little harsh from you TRSS dont you think?

pants need too be longer or belt to be pulled a little to the up
and if you want to do cel shading then add some lights dewd *~*

Best answers
lol sorry i was just kidding anyway
but pants longer? i thought they were to long already

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you aim for the real life proportions:

-head in arm and hand = 3 times
-across teh both shoulders head is counted 2 times
-in whole body from top to bottom (counting teh first one) its 7,5 times
-second time it ends up to the nipples
-third time where the belly button is or somewhere where the biceps ends up
-4th time it ends up to the crotch
-and then you count 3,5 times from bottom :D

so that you know I imagined that char's head bald so that way you check the proportions :d

Best answers
dendza said:
a little harsh from you TRSS dont you think?

pants need too be longer or belt to be pulled a little to the up
and if you want to do cel shading then add some lights dewd *~*
hey i thined out the belt and pulled it up a little and fixed up the shading a little bit so....

and i just thought this was a cool angle

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
first of all every vertex serves a purpose, and second of all he didnt say i was the best, he said i might become one of the best in like 2-4 years(i think),
and third of all of all the tools everbody showed me why didnt you show me the cut tool, lucky for all of ius i found it out

EDIT: oh and i just tried snaping everything together and it leaves no definition in the back in the smoothed version
It doesnt matter.. if you leave all those vertices that will leave some nasty looking shadows ingame. those vertices are useless, all that detail can be skinned on

And your "third of all" I dont use 3dsm, so I wouldnt know..

Best answers
That is some goofy cel shading. It looks like you just added specularity to a flat colored surface. Yeah after looking at it, it is somewhat unproportioned.

Best answers
I'd suggest listenign to crackerjack as well, you might learn a thing or two, perhaps you might think all those verts are cool but once it gets ingame trust me it will look like his back has been dented really badly. Its okay if you dont understand but beginners often model folds and muscles and everything wasting all their polies and then when it comes to actually skinning or getting the modellign ingame it will be impossible for you

So get rid of those verts, and yeah every vertex has a purpose, its like saying my apendix has a purpose as well, but i raelly dont need it :p

I hope you get what i mean :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its like the fusion of goku, a monkey, and a kid with downs syndrome.

doesnt look too bad though. get rid of that 'cell shading', ahhh

the shoulders and feet look odd to me, looks a little fat in the torso area, and then it just suddenly gets thin where it connects to the legs.

but its nice for a first time. better than some half ass geoset merge that most noobs do.

its actually quite descent. lets see a skin on it, if you know how to map it.

Best answers
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I LIKE CEL SHADEING! ne way, actually i dont know how to wrap but someguy89 is going to teach me, and while were on the topic while i was waiting i said " hey you know what might be fun,.... BATTLE DAMAGE!" so here ya go, but i didnt do the legs yet, and yes i still have the original costume

ok pay close attenension to the face and hair area i added some stray stands and made him a little madder

now heres the back

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU BACK HATERS

edit: heres for those of you cel shading haters points to zeronightmare

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks much better since your bad at cell shading,

but you know, those bad evil people who point things out to you are just out to get you and make your life miserable.

/sarcasm off

the tear is kind of cool looking. the lower back looks kind of wierd to me but eh.

and why are the clothes so tight :) his muscles wouldnt show that much.

can you do something about the face, i keep getting this 'monkey' feel, but its just me :)

Best answers
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM BAD AT SHADING! is there another way to do it to make it more custom? i just kinda slap it on there....................and his shirt is tight cause hes wearin the same type of thingy that gohan wore in the saiyanman saga

edit: oh and also i fixed the "chubbiness" i post a pic as soon as i feel like it

Best answers
YOU CANT COMPARE THAT! first of all super vegito is like super experienced and second of all that model was skinned mine isnt

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

theres my crap ref of stuff that needs fixing.

and that style of 'cell shading' (notice the quotes i've ben using...) looks like crap and you should find another technique.

mainly your proportions are off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom