My Finest Animation Yet: A Monochrome Battle

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first serious animation I ever did was an Ed, Edd n' Eddy/Dragonball Z hybrid. This was, in retrospect, severely flawed, badly modelled, and while it had some passable effects, it overall stank.

(THIS one): http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEG4MlapU84

Well, a few years later, having learned new things and produced more capable models (though the ones seen here are outdated) I've gone and made something new and somewhat different, and certainly superior in quality.

About two years ago I got into the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, by Bleedman, DA's most popular artist. Don't laugh now; the comic is very much aimed at older teenagers and adults of all ages, particularly those who enjoyed classic cartoons and longed to see them with the kid stuff subtracted from the mix. The result is an edgy, darker series centered around the three superheroins, but throwing many other classic cartoon characters tastefully into the mix as well.

After pitching an idea to the well developed fanbase about turning the comic into an animated series, I ended up getting railroaded into the leader position in front of a throng of eager fans who lent their talents. We now have a strong team with skilled animators, artists, storyboarders and an excellent cast of voice actors all pitching in for the common goal.

In the process, I became somewhat well known in the fan community, have spoken to and been approached by Bleedman on a few occasions, and have become a regular part of the inner circle of the comic's production which includes the colorist, Seiryuga, and both editors, the younger Aussie talent Griddles, and the brilliant, fairly eccentric BR.

This is my teaser (and long-term birthday gift to Griddles, who I've developed a close friendship with) for the series we seek to create, featuring Bell, an official character created by Bleedman, and possibly mosy popular fan character ever made, and Barasia, a non-canon character of Griddles' design who stars as lead antagonist in the alternate fanfiction to the comic he writes (which is brilliantly written).

I know right now that it's not perfect, but I did my best and spent a great deal of time putting it together.

Do enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_NwOM12Wo

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well done, hope to see more of it.
I still watch PPG from time to time, so GL with it :) .

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I loled @ eddy vid. I liked it.. The 2nd one was cool and is progress great job..

i'm just curious tho..

you animated and modeled all of both projects?? and were the voices ripped or recorded ^^?

Awsome stuff Grega =]

*edit ignore my post* except for the awsome stuff lol

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but that was a waste of 6 minutes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Vip3r: Awesome man :) Not much of a fan of the original, but the fancomic is simply gold.

@VideoJinx:

Yep, both of those vids are 100% animated and modelled by me. The only exceptions are in the 2nd vid. The Motherboard and Building models were purchased from turbosquid...Hmmm...did I credit them...? But the character models are all me. I hope to have the others help me for the series itself.

And no, both characters are fan characters, and have no official voice. All voices are recorded. The one with Ed was done by me. The characters in the PPGD vid are voiced by the same actress, one of our voice acting team. She's actually the runner up for Bell's voice. The official Bell lost her microphone. Officially, the actress is our voice for Blossom.

@Damaera: Oh? Might you elaborate on what it was you disliked? The first video is utter garbage to me. Made it years ago before I learned what I know now. The 2nd one has some flaws, I know, but I worked dilligently, and mostly alone, to put it together piece by piece over the course of 6 months.

If you simply dislike the subject matter, so be it. We can't all like the same thing. If you mean the writing, I can tell you I'm no Stephen King. I wanted to demontsrate the graphical capabilities and resources available to our team, and being the effects-loaded video that it is, it's essentially a stress test for me, since at no point thus far in the comic is there need for so many graphical elements all at once.

Either way, I worked pretty hard on this; I'm sorry you didn't like it, but I'd prefer to know the root of your dislike, and how I can improve in the future, as opposed to outright blanket criticism :\

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing really to crit, other than you still need lots of improvements. I think I almost literally fell asleep while watching one of them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing really to crit, other than you still need lots of improvements. I think I almost literally fell asleep while watching one of them.
That's really not very helpful...If I need improvements, then obviously there's something to crit. And "one of them" is even more unhelpful, because the two were made years apart from each other. the Ed one is ancient and crappy, the new one is more on-par with my current ability. And if the problem is excitement, I dunno what to tell you :\ Like I said, I don't intend to make a living as a writer. Writing's not my really my thing, I'm sure I'm not good at it.

But your comment is very general and it gives me almost nothing to go on. I'm being told it's inadequate and boring, and not much else. If that's all you've got to say, well, alright then, but I could do a lot more with specific than I can with general.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just ignore Damaera, he's just mad because ppl made fun at him when he started making birthday threads, so he turned into a troll.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, what are you even talking about..?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay. No offense to anything I say, I respect ya man. With that said.

First video.

Complete, dire ****. No offense, but the animation was very unfluid and the voice acting stank really bad. I turned it off after about a minute.

sorry but It was horrible.

1/5 :/

Second video

I loved this video. Very smooth animation I see you've greatly improved, which makes me want to talk to you about certain stuff. I myself have been thinking of indulging in 3d animation.

The special effects and scenery was great. Loved the fluid animation and such.

Bravo though. I really enjoyed it. 5/5 from me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay. No offense to anything I say, I respect ya man. With that said.

First video.

Complete, dire ****. No offense, but the animation was very unfluid and the voice acting stank really bad. I turned it off after about a minute.

sorry but It was horrible.

1/5 :/

Second video

I loved this video. Very smooth animation I see you've greatly improved, which makes me want to talk to you about certain stuff. I myself have been thinking of indulging in 3d animation.

The special effects and scenery was great. Loved the fluid animation and such.

Bravo though. I really enjoyed it. 5/5 from me.
Hahahaha...

I agree with you on the first one. I don't take offense to that. Glad you like the second :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just ignore Damaera, he's just mad because ppl made fun at him when he started making birthday threads, so he turned into a troll.
Offtopic:
I don't think think that reply was needed. Please don't make such replies again. Remember that one of the rules is to respect other members. That my friend, is not really a respectful reply.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you shuld do an updated vewrsion of ed doing the kamehameha and ssj trans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom