My 1st attempt at a model

Best answers
I thought I'd try this modeling thing because I'll eventually have to take classes on it anyway. I tried to start off with SSJ3 Goku. I shoulda tried somethin easier than him but oh well. It's obviously not done but i think it's fairly decent for my first go at it. I know i screwed up the hair that'll take some pratice. BTW i'm using MS3d as suggested for beginners. Anyway here's some pics...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good for a first model :p

PS try to save the images as JPG and not BMP ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you please show wire?

Best answers
Grega said:
looks good for a first model :p

PS try to save the images as JPG and not BMP ;)
note taken, and thanks!

and the wires Tryforce asked for (sorry i took so long)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
x3 Even if it isn't exactly SSJ3 Goku, I still think he looks pretty cool with those spikes sticking out upward. He reminds me of a Sonic-Goku hybrid or something. x3

Maybe instead of Goku, you could make your own creation? :3 Just a thought though. I think it'd be a shame to scrap this and start over or rework it so it'll look like Goku.

Best answers
^hey, i like that idea of making my own 3d model. i do just draw characters out of nowhere alot...so maybe i'll try that next. after i figure what to do with this model 1st, lol. i still need to read some more tutorials i think.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you're in the right direction..
I say scrap that and start a low poly Vegeta.
Don't start a new thread though.

Best answers
Hey thats ROCKS!! His hair looks great, i wouldnt worry about that. And this was your first attempt?! Cant wait to see what it looks like once youve added a skin... :yes:

Best answers
That's pretty good for a first. allthough i advice assigning some smoothinggoups though, it looks kinda messy atm.

Best answers
thats actually really good for a first model..my first was horrible..and i got to about the torso before i quit...lol..u did a pretty decent job on the hair for a first timer..the hair isnt always easy to do..and i think u did an exceptional job on it...keep working at it..and u may become better then expected. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the face is almost spot on. model the neck, and body. then re-do the hair.

Best answers
thanks for the replies!

yea i'm going to keep trying on the hair. i made multiple saves so i have one with just the face and no hair so i can go back and try as many times as i need to, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom