Music Fading

Best answers
Not sure if this was posted before but does anyone have a decent tutorial on how to clean out the backround music in sound files (dbz recordings) so its mostly the voice?
it was done really well in esf, perhaps freedom could explain?

Sound Artist
Best answers
Effigy said:
Not sure if this was posted before but does anyone have a decent tutorial on how to clean out the backround music in sound files (dbz recordings) so its mostly the voice?
it was done really well in esf, perhaps freedom could explain?
It's hard to get rid of background noise. If you're lucky the BGM will be very low so you can cut off lower frequencies and hopefully the music as well. Another way is to drown out the BGM with other Sound Effects or things like that.
Of course the best way is to use a better sample, i usually listen for breaks in the music and try to get something out of that. Video games also offer clearer sounds. You can use a program called "Psound" it takes audio from PS and PS2 games. I even helped him add support for Budokai 1 and 2. I also use Sound Forge but any good audio editing program will work, this is just the one i'm used to.

Best answers
yeh i use sound forge too with those diamond plugins
hmm budokai sounds like a reasonable place to extract sounds from but they may not fit the pupose
thanks for ure help anyway freedom
r35p3ct

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom