MSN Messenger

Best answers
Am I the only one there are having problems with msn?

Best answers
Nope, about half the world can't get on MSN today..

The outdated MSN-servers are dying again.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
:-\ they should have never updated msn, and I do mean MSN Live. The older versions were much better.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Beats me, they never actually tell anything related to the server downtime.

Best answers
Huh, im online and i dont seem to have any problems.... weird...
Maybe its because i have the old version (7.5)...

Best answers
:-\ they should have never updated msn, and I do mean MSN Live. The older versions were much better.
Let me tell you about MSN Live. On my old 533MHZ Pentium III, 256RAM, and Windows XP OS, MSN 7.5 ran like a charm. I could talk and play games without lag, but when i got MSN Live, it took about double the time to start up, and even though the voice sounds exacly the same, I get 10 FPS whenever I try playing (any game) while talking to someone through MSN.

MSN Live is a resource hog and isn't as effiecent as 7.5.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. I can't log in as well. Use Trillian or Miranda, I've never had problems with them, even when it's down.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Let me tell you about MSN Live. On my old 533MHZ Pentium III, 256RAM, and Windows XP OS, MSN 7.5 ran like a charm. I could talk and play games without lag, but when i got MSN Live, it took about double the time to start up, and even though the voice sounds exacly the same, I get 10 FPS whenever I try playing (any game) while talking to someone through MSN.

MSN Live is a resource hog and isn't as effiecent as 7.5.
I'm not talking about the clients, but ever since the new MSN clients the server's downtime has gone up in the past years. Besides, I use MSN 6.2 myself and I can't log in either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can log in.

I can't even see why people still are using Windows live messenger or the earlier ones when there's more advanced and better multiprotocol messengers, which use less resources from ram than windows live messenger.
I haven't had a single problem with trillian/miranda/gaim and they all can support up to 4-5 other protocols as well.

(Jabber, IRC, Msn, Yahoo, AIM, Icq for example)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The MSN Servers are not down, just overloaded. So you have a chance in logging in successfully..

When you go check out the MSN website (which you'll be linked to through msn error page), you'll see:
Server is too busy
Besides that point, MSN, Hotmail, etc is part of Microsoft, right? If so, they get tons of money.. They should get better servers.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like Skyrider said, the servers are fine, just flooded with login attempts. Keep trying, you'll get on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am logging in fine, I am not aware of the problem you are experiencing.

But it has happened to me before, just wait or troubleshoot, most of the time it's just MSN.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i tried windows messenger and live messnger and webmessenger, cant log in in any of them.

so you're not the only one kenny. Im sure itll be fixed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom