Msn messenger plus warning

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
just thought id warn people before updating to the latest messenger plus, it installs some nasty stuff that im still trying to get rid off..... im slowly getting patches to remove all the rubbish it adds, and ill stick up a link once i find a good one that gets rid of the lot perminantly....

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real question is, why would ANYBODY use MSN, ICQ, or Yahoo Messenger over AIM? :p

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I use AIM and msn, but the old school non-updated MSN of course, and I hate msn plus and Version 6, what is the point of half the stuff it has...

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I use AIM primarily sometimes I use MSN, I use MSN rarely now, AIM simply rox \m/ -_- \m/

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause anything related to AOL is a pos maybe??

Anyways, yea, msn plus installs an annoying search bar to internet explorer, and adds desktop icons, and makes new favourites, kinda annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Msn much more than AIM, just that almost all of my contacts are on AIM. So I'm forced to use it. With trillian I can use both at the same time so it's not too bad.

Best answers
i dont like msn, aim, icq or yim. I use trillian. its so much better than using each of those apps seperatly since it combines all 4 into 1.

new msn 6 does suck. i installed it on my moms comp and bleh, had to reformat because of it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Anyways, yea, msn plus installs an annoying search bar to internet explorer, and adds desktop icons, and makes new favourites, kinda annoying
It does a lot more than that my friend, youll also get some really nasty spyware, as well as popups that send u viruses... It also messes with explorers config...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aim has been reliable to me over the years.
i use trillian just as a host for myh 4 other aim screen names.

Best answers
Very good info solidus, I was a big fan of the Messenger Plus series. I'll make note not to download this update until something is fixed. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom